Default Miniature Jesus Review? Eh..

I purchased this because the book is relative large, stuck out, seemed alternative, seemed like a small investment of a mini series, and there was some speculation.

Needless to say, I haven't really come across too many reviews (Perhaps I missed them). Anyone a fan of this and or think it has a good start?

NOTE - There seems to be a publication error with this one. Anyone else notice that the back page has a slight tear on the bottom of the spinal? Due to it's size, ever issue I picked up had this problem. Therefore, finding a NM copy is really hard on this publication.

Also hadn't read any reviews, but I picked this up based on praise from various comic industry people on Twitter. I really like the art - despite being B&W, which I'm generally not a big fan of. The story seems quirky and has me interested in seeing where the story takes us. I got a digital copy however, so can't help you on the publication error... maybe send an email to Image?

The art was very, very well done. I'll be picking up the rest of the series.

it's Ted McKeever for [god's] sake, my FAVORITE ARTIST EVER! I have a bunch of his stuff plus an advertising poster for "Junk Culture". the man's a funny, quircky, insane GENIUS (!) if you ask me. definitely try to get his works through the years, and see how his storytelling & fantastic art have progressed and changed with certain titles.

My first exposure to him was his cover art for SHRED (a skateboard mag/comic)- i am still stunned by it. It's from 1988. i'm not a skateboarder.

this seems to be another wild trip with Mr. McKeever! yes!
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

I thought the art was nice. The story, not so sure.

I called my lcs to put one aside for me. When i got there I saw it was an oversized thingy, didn't buy it. Might pick it up when it comes in tpb.

loved it, as usual! funny when [jesus] comes down from his cross and... well, i don't do spoilers. Just buy it people!
    BTW- my back cvr was okay, all my McKeever Golden Age stuff is so IDK.

And go on Amazon and get the Ted McKeever Library Vol. 1- TRANSIT, Vol. 2- EDDY CURRENT, & Vol. 3- METROPoL + METROPoL A.D. (all cheap HCs & Transit and Eddy Current come with Lost Endings/Lost Tales)
    i already had the 2 METROPoL titles so i didn't need Vol. 3.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn