Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Warlord

Remember when the Secret Six landed to Skartaris?

THAT.COVER.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    What issue was this?
    Not exactly sure what issue, but it was pretty early in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Remember when the Secret Six landed to Skartaris?

THAT.COVER.
    I remember that. It was a fun two parter that took place after the recent events of The Warlord series. I liked it in spite of a few continuity slip ups.

No I do not want to see my Favorite DC character defied by te Nu 52! Stay away from Travis Morgan DC! Unles you have Grell writing it leave the character alone!

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    anyone think DC would give this property another go?

i know they already tried to reboot it a while back and it didn't take, but damn if i wouldn't wanna see Travis in the New 52.

They would be wise to do so. In terms of issues released in an ongoing series, Warlord is one of DC's only viable non-legacy solo-title successes since 1970.

Swamp Thing, Constantine, Firestorm, Jonah Hex, and the Demon all got their New 52 titles. Warlord is basically next in line.

A new Warlord series is always welcome. I'm torn though...to continue the continuity from the last series or reboot it all. Either way, Grell needs to be present and Jesus Saiz needs to draw the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Young Corn God View Post
    They would be wise to do so. In terms of issues released in an ongoing series, Warlord is one of DC's only viable non-legacy solo-title successes since 1970.

Swamp Thing, Constantine, Firestorm, Jonah Hex, and the Demon all got their New 52 titles. Warlord is basically next in line.
    Haha.
    Well, even Stalker made an appearance in several issues of Sword and Sorcery.

Sword of Sorcery would have been an ideal launch point...yet another reason to morn that book. perhaps Travis will show up in JLD at some point.

For those that read the last Warlord series, what did you think about Tinder replacing Travis Morgan? Do you think Tinder would be ideal for the New52 as the new Warlord?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    For those that read the last Warlord series, what did you think about Tinder replacing Travis Morgan? Do you think Tinder would be ideal for the New52 as the new Warlord?
    i didn't mind it back then, it was only for the last 3-4 issues anyway.

if they do bring Warlord into the New 52, i hope it's Travis. i wouldn't mind if they reboot/start it from the beginning, as long as the essence/basic premise of the book remains intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdiggs View Post
    Yeah, there's room for some Justice League Dark, Amethyst and Aquaman love for Skataris.
    Might be fun to see Zealot adventure there, too.
    The Johns/Reis "The Others" arc of Aquaman is a virtual template for how to do The Warlord right and make the concept commercially successful. That pulp comics feel is exactly what DC would need to bring to The Warlord to make it work in today's market.

And you would absolutely need an artist of the caliber of Ivan Reis or Mike Grell in his prime in order to pull it off. Someone who could draw physically gorgeous and sexy men and woman in scantily-clad outfits under the hot sun at the Earth's core.