Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Year of the Dragon themortalfist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    This issue more than any other made me wish Marvel would bump page count back up to 22.

Also, I got my letter published.
    Which was your letter?!?! Awesome! Are you the dad, or was yours the last letter?

Loved this issue. Little confused by the last panel -- is Volstag's daughter gonna start practicing magics? The little touches really make this. And kudos to Larraz -- his art was very tight and detailed. His work on Thor (including Worldeaters) was very pencil-y and sketchy. This was just magnificent. And like Worldeaters, he loves drawing Volstag. Unicorn slippers! Even better, notice his toes in that panel. Such a cute touch. That's some real attention to detail. I'm so happy Marvel seems to be getting the Asgardian stuff back on the right track and showing it some real love.

Oh, and I miss Stephanie Han. The opening recap page made my wistful. As much as I love Deklan (sp?) covers, i'd love to see a beatiful cover from Ms. Han.
    Trust me. I have a plan. -- Daniel Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist

Truly this was a great one-shot tale and it makes me wonder what will happen in the next issue starting the next arc in Space.

I've been enjoying this as well...now need to re-read, to catch all the details. Pleased to see Hildy show up again as an identified member of Volstagg's collection of kids.
    Mostly moved on to fanfiction.net...

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

This issue by itself was the strongest case for Asgard being the best fictional country in superhero comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    This issue more than any other made me wish Marvel would bump page count back up to 22.

Also, I got my letter published.
    heh, knew it. Cool.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Another phenomenal issue. Pepe Larraz's art was perfect for this.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Ya know, after this issue and even though I have really been enjoying the series, I dont think I would mind that much if they moved the title from Sif centric to the group of characters and just rotated arcs out or something. Immonen has an incredible grasp on all the characters and writes the Warriors Three amazingly well. Plus then we could get more of Volstagg's kids!