View Poll Results: Do you like the Invisble Plane

Voters
76. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

32 42.11%
  • No

31 40.79%
  • I don't mind it

2 2.63%
  • It depends on how they explain it

11 14.47%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I've changed my mind. When H.G.Peters did it, the Invisible Plane wasn't bad. When rendered more "realistically" it shows how stupid Diana looks in it. Forget the "brief comeback" remark. I hope they never, EVER bring it back!
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    I never understood the "but she can fly" argument. I mean, I can walk, and I do, but I also sometimes catch the bus. I can stand, but sometimes, I want to sit in a chair.
    Depends on how fast one can fly I suppose. Like in volume 1 of Animal Man he points out it would be faster for him to drive. I always assumed Diana could fly faster than a jet. How fast can Diana fly exactly? Does anyone have speed feats for her in flight?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Was the Invisible Plane created by Marston and Peter? Yes.

So of course I love it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_l80uqvtIeu1qzl89so1_500.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	112515

It rocks and we all know it......

If they do bring it back I would like to see something akin to her Jet in Trinity:

Completely Invisible and stealthy ( Superman didn't even know she was there until she spoke)

Enough space she hold her arsenal

Computer sensor that can track or trace just about anything that has been airborne

Name:	WW's Invisible Plane.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	112516

Name:	WW's Invisible Plane 2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	112517

Name:	WW's Invisible Plane 3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	112518
    Last edited by ssj4jw; 04-20-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Could it make sense if the viewers see the plane but not the people in the comic?
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 04-20-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post

Name:	tumblr_l80uqvtIeu1qzl89so1_500.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	112515

It rocks and we all know it......
    You know what rocks? That Jose Luis Garcia Lopez art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sigh.

No, never have, she can fly, so it's kinda redundant, but hey, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by agent_graves View Post
    No, never have, she can fly, so it's kinda redundant, but hey, that's just me.
    Good point but what if she needs to go stealth to go into a place danger without the help of the league saying.

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Good point but what if she needs to go stealth to go into a place danger without the help of the league saying.
    Then neither (her flying/and or flying a plane) would apply, if her mission called for a more stealth approach...

Quote Originally Posted by agent_graves View Post
    Then neither (her flying/and or flying a plane) would apply, if her mission called for a more stealth approach...
    The plane can not be see by radars. As well as it's completely silent. There is no noises common from the plane .I believe not even when landing. Look at the comic pages post not even superman can see or hear it. In recent years Wonder Woman is invisible when she inside the plane.
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 04-20-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Depends on how fast one can fly I suppose. Like in volume 1 of Animal Man he points out it would be faster for him to drive. I always assumed Diana could fly faster than a jet. How fast can Diana fly exactly? Does anyone have speed feats for her in flight?
    Not that I'm aware of in nu52, but she's been portrayed as creating a sonic boom in her own book while flying. This automatically means at the very LEAST over 700mph

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    The plane can not be see by radars. As well as it's completely silent. There is no noises common from the plane .I believe not even when landing. Look at the comic pages post not even superman can see or hear it. In recent years Wonder Woman is invisible when she inside the plane.
    I don't know man, I just don't see the appeal...

I'll take Eric Luke's Wonderdome over the invisible plane any day...

I support the invisible plane, but I'm very critical over its execution.

I see no reason for the Amazons to have aircraft of any kind, much less invisible supersonic jets. Regardless of their level of technology, I just fail to see why a small, isolated population living on a small isolated island needs something like that. And dont get me started on the resources or inspiration required to make such a thing. I understand that yes, this is all make believe and none of it makes any real sense. However, this just pushes past my personal levels of suspension.

However, with a proper explanation I fully support the plane and wouldnt mind seeing it brought back. If, for example, it was a highly advanced prototype designed by the military which Diana somehow came to own, I'd be cool with it. I dont really want it to be a gift from another franchise, in the way the last version was made by WayneTech, but I can accept that if it's well told. I also have no problem with the Amazons somehow being involved in the plane's origins, but that involvement needs to make sense.

If it's brought back, it needs to be utilized properly. I see it as another weapon in Diana's arsenal. She has the lasso, the bracers, the armor, and the plane. Mentally controlled (telepathic uplink?) and armed with high grade weapon systems. It should be used in combat on a fairly regular basis, firing and flying in conjunction with Diana's physical movements and attacks. Diana charging to the attack, lasso going nuts around her, with a stealth fighter shooting by overhead, firing bullets and missiles around and past her is a pretty badass image.

It has to be done right visually. And I have no idea how that works, but I do know that fans should not be sitting around a message board questioning something as simple as "Can people see her while flying?" It has to be used in a dynamic fashion, and the reasons for Diana keeping it around (aside from the combat stuff) should be clear; the need for faster travel, or passengers, or getting past radar/stealth, or whatever.

I agree that Mignolia's Trinity got it right in most respects.

Also, someone asked how fast Diana is. Best I got is that, in a JLA Secret Files from Morrison's run, it was said that Diana could hit about Mach 2 or so; fast, but not nearly as fast as many of her teammates. And slow enough so that the plane would make sense for long trips.