Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    So David Marquez was recently on a podcast and said the Spider-Man No More story arc is about 5 issues long. He also said Bendis is going to move away from story arcs and just tell a story with long running threads.
    Finally, that is what I was waiting for. Currently UC: Spider-Man is going very slow and there isn't much to look forward to.

Longer running stories and multiple plot threads could fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    The first six. And they are all collected in a huge HC Omnibus. It's one of my most beloved comicbook purchases.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0785...sr=8-1&pi=SL75
    This is good advice.

I wish Ultimate Spider-Man would be released more often. It really drags out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mat View Post
    I wish Ultimate Spider-Man would be released more often. It really drags out.
    Yeah, bendis is more enjoyable if read arc by arc instead of issue by issue, at least for me
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I have my favorite USM stories, but Xistel's right: I can't bring myself to make any recommendation other than "start from the beginning."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    yeah, but I really recommend getting everything. it's truly amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    The first six. And they are all collected in a huge HC Omnibus. It's one of my most beloved comicbook purchases.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0785...sr=8-1&pi=SL75
    Ok I'll get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I agree. It's too hard to tell you which ones to get because the whole run is awesome, BUT I'll do my best. These are the ones I enjoyed the most, and they can all be picked up in TPB.

Power and Responsibility: spoilers:
    It's the origin story. It's mostly the same, but still some differences. I really like UU Uncle Ben.
    end of spoilers
    Learning Curve: spoilers:
    I also recommend the second TPB. USM Was the first SM comics I ever read, so this was my first exposure to Kingpin. I think UU did a very good job at making him seem like a legit enemy.
    end of spoilers
    Cats & Kings: spoilers:
    Kingpin arc again, and I LOVE me some UU Kingpin.
    end of spoilers
    Warriors: spoilers:
    Kingpin again, sorry lol. You also are introduced to a few other characters in this TPB, both heros and villains.
    end of spoilers
    Clone Saga: spoilers:
    Spiderman clone saga seems to be a mandatory read whether it's 616 or UU. The UU version is different from 616 (or so I hear) but maintains most of the same ideas, just different.
    end of spoilers
    New World According to Peter Parker:spoilers:
    Mysterio shows up. I never liked the 616 Mysterio much but the UU Mysterio is amazing to me.
    end of spoilers
    It will be a while, but after I read the first 6, I'll look for the ones you mentioned. Damn it's going to feel weird switching back and forth between Peter and Miles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Viole_Grace View Post
    Ok I'll get that.

It will be a while, but after I read the first 6, I'll look for the ones you mentioned. Damn it's going to feel weird switching back and forth between Peter and Miles lol.
    I would actually recommend you first finish Peter's run before reading Miles story. The current arc has for example some spoilers which would remove some of the enjoyment of reading the older issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    I would actually recommend you first finish Peter's run before reading Miles story. The current arc has for example some spoilers which would remove some of the enjoyment of reading the older issues.
    You mean the entire run? I don't know if I can wait that long

I'm going to buy the whole Volume 1. I might change my mind after that, but who knows right?

There's no rush man, take your time!

Seriously, I can't recommend this series enough.
    Last edited by Xistel; 04-20-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Not the whole run just three important arcs.
    - Carnage
    - The Clone Saga
    - War of the Symbiotes

But just try the the first omnibus and see if you like it.

There's no rush man, take your time!

Seriously, I can't recommend this series enough.
    Not the whole run just three important arcs.
    - Carnage
    - The Clone Saga
    - War of the Symbiotes

But just try the the first omnibus and see if you like it.
    I just put half down on the omnibus at my comic shop. I should get it by the end of the week. Not only that, I just figured out that my finals were delayed. That means I'm gonna have a good time when that book gets here

I just put half down on the omnibus at my comic shop. I should get it by the end of the week. Not only that, I just figured out that my finals were delayed. That means I'm gonna have a good time when that book gets here
    When you've read it don't forget to share your opinion about it here. We Ultimate Universe veterans always love to read new readers thoughts of the older Ultimate titles
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 04-21-2013 at 04:01 AM.

When you've read it don't forget to share your opinion about here. We Ultimate Universe veterans always love to read new readers thoughts of the older Ultimate titles
    Absolutely, let us know what you thought

When you've read it don't forget to share your opinion about here. We Ultimate Universe veterans always love to read new readers thoughts of the older Ultimate titles
    Absolutely, let us know what you thought
    Sure thing and thanks for the tips guys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    So David Marquez was recently on a podcast and said the Spider-Man No More story arc is about 5 issues long. He also said Bendis is going to move away from story arcs and just tell a story with long running threads.
    This has been a long time coming. Bendis spoke about doing this when Miles first debuted. I remember him saying something about doing something like a 100 issue ongoing arc, but with much smaller stories woven throughout. I can't wait.