Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I recently was re-rereading a bunch of my old Marvel Westerns (Kid Colt, Rawhide Kid, Western Gunfighters, etc.), and also sometimes get in a mood to re-read my old Sgt. Fury / Captain America / Invaders stuff. But not too much else. (A little while ago I tried re-reading an old Tom DeFalco-written Thor. When they originally came out, I appreciated the old Stan Lee-written silliness and hoakiness they sort of captured, but later reading was just painful.)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Pretty much all the time. When I buy physical issues, normally read my issues on the way back from the store, skimming through them and then will read them again once I get back in more depth. And if it's a story-arc I'll wait until the whole story arc has been released before re-reading it. I normally read through trade paperbacks at least twice as well.
    Reviews
    Top 5 Marvel: Daredevil, SSM, Avengers Undercover, ANFX, Black Widow | Top 5 DC: Green Arrow, ST, Batman, RL, Phantom Stranger

When I get bored.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I always dig around in my comic boxes and when I come across mini's or events, I will pull something and read it. I re-read House Of M a couple of nights ago and found it more enjoyable now.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Pretty much all the time. I'm currently working on replacing almost everything I have, and can, for trades. Pretty hard thing to do, considering I own way over 15.000 comics (that's over 35 years of collecting), However, trades a a great format to store and re-read stuff you haven't checked in years, or stuff you like to re-check every now and then (as I do). On the plus side, I really don't dig much current stuff. Find that Marvel nowadays is all hype and no content, and DC is kinda rudderless. So, I prefer to seek out things I liked or missed in TPBs. Occasionally what little I do like of the current output (and it's very easy to skim things nowadays, even for someone who doesn't live near a LCS such as me), I also tradewait.

Peace

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

All the time.
    I've had to re-order my favourite older books from time to time because I read them to shreds.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 04-18-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

I do most of my rereading with trades and hardcovers.

I used to reread my original issues quite often and knew what happened in every book just by looking at the cover. At some point, this ability left me. Now I don't even really like to get my original issues back out after storing them. If they're something that I really really like, I buy it in hardcover when it's released.

Rereading my books is something that I truly enjoy. Rereading a great story all in one collection makes it more convenient and more enjoyable to me.

I occasionally re-read stuff in my collection, but I currently have over 1000 books that I haven't read yet, that I spent money on. For every 50 I read, it seems like I buy 100 more. I think eventually I'll slow down on the purchasing and catch up. Out of 13,000 books, I've got plenty to choose from when I do go back.

I stopped buying new comics some years back. I reread my collections and back issues frequently. Almost daily. I've already read my Simonson Omnibus all the way through twice. I enjoy reading the classics. When comics weren't afraid to be comics, and the writers not only knew the history and read comics, but were happy writing comics that were work for hire. These days, a lot of the writers act like it's a stepping stone to movies or it's not what they'd prefer, but they can't sell their creative owned stuff so work for hire is better than nothing. I think the lack of passion shows. At least it did enough to cause me to quit.

I re-read some things frequently. Other books I've not read again since I got them. There are books in my collection I don't think I've ever read (or, if I did, they left no impression).

But there are certain stories I reach for when I just want to get lost in an era. I've read them over and over and over...
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I occasionally re-read stuff in my collection, but I currently have over 1000 books that I haven't read yet, that I spent money on. For every 50 I read, it seems like I buy 100 more. I think eventually I'll slow down on the purchasing and catch up. Out of 13,000 books, I've got plenty to choose from when I do go back.
    Whoa I thought my back-log was bad, that's massive! I have a stack of almost 60 issues of Marvel Now I haven't started because I've yet to read AvX.

I recently started re-reading my entire collection and it's been a blast. Took more than a year of sporadic reading. It was the first time I had read some of the books since I bought them going back to 2005. I normally read issues once than tuck them away into the Long Box. Now a days I re-read a story arc when its conclusion is put out.

Quote Originally Posted by ocstat View Post
    Whoa I thought my back-log was bad, that's massive! I have a stack of almost 60 issues of Marvel Now I haven't started because I've yet to read AvX.

I recently started re-reading my entire collection and it's been a blast. Took more than a year of sporadic reading. It was the first time I had read some of the books since I bought them going back to 2005. I normally read issues once than tuck them away into the Long Box. Now a days I re-read a story arc when its conclusion is put out.
    I've accumulated all of my comics since late 2010. Originally, I thought I would buy some of my favorites from years ago, along with some new ones, just to see if I would enjoy reading comics again. I made a couple of orders from Midtown and Lone Star Comics, and found a LCS, where I picked up the new stuff. It took several months, but as I started to learn about all the things that had happened during my 25 year break, I began buying more and more. When I decided that it was possible to own complete runs of ASM & Avengers, I just went all out buying back issues. It didn't take long for my collection to grow, though it's slowed down so I can catch up reading. I read them all before I put them up for good, so that means I've read over 12,000 comics in the last couple of years.

With so few new books to my liking I am re-reading pre1990 books all the time.

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

All the time.
    I usually do a late spring/summer nostalgia read; stuff that I remember buying off the spinner racks at the grocery store when I stayed at my grandparents. I'm getting ready to start a reading pile, Classic Excalibur, UXM, Simonson Thor, PAD Hulk, etc. Mainly stuff from 1989-91/92.

I read my Spidey and Deadpool comics over again and again.