Default Newsrama list of 10 Superman villains who shouldn't be in movies

Newsrama has a list of 10 Superman villains who shouldn't be in movies, do you agree with it?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-s...-movies-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Master Meglomaniac View Post
    Newsrama has a list of 10 Superman villains who shouldn't be in movies, do you agree with it?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-s...-movies-1.html
    It specifies that they shouldn't be in the MOS sequel, as opposed to movies in general, which makes the list more understandable. I agree with it all pretty much, though I don't see why Mxyzptlk is so high on the list.

...wow Newsarama have really reached the bottom of the barrel when it comes to making lists about things.

Prankster huh, they didnt read Nightinwing #19 did they, looks like a legitimate threat to me, maybe not to superman though I guess.

defo do not want mxyzptlk, after the action comics stuff I want the fifth dimension as far away as possible.

Wouldn't mind Atomic Skull, the rest I dont know.
    I Collect 40 ongoing Monthly Titles.
    29 from DC and 11 from Marvel

Anyone remember when newsarama was nearly the only place for comic book news? Who did they piss off to become the list-having, pageview-grabbing bottom feeders they are today?

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    Prankster huh, they didnt read Nightinwing #19 did they, looks like a legitimate threat to me, maybe not to superman though I guess.

defo do not want mxyzptlk, after the action comics stuff I want the fifth dimension as far away as possible.

Wouldn't mind Atomic Skull, the rest I dont know.
    That might suggest Prankster might be a better villain in Nightwing movie, then a Superman movie. It seems like if you gave Prankster a role in a Superman movie, he should be a comic relief villain that Superman dispatches in the first 5 minutes in the movie.

Atomic Skull could work in a Superman movie, he could be a goon working for someone else. I wouldn't put him on the top list of villains who should not be adapted to film, but he is more plausible then anyone else on that list.
    Last edited by The Master Meglomaniac; 04-17-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Master Meglomaniac View Post
    That might suggest Prankster might be a better villain in Nightwing movie, then a Superman movie? It seems like if you gave Prankster a role in a Superman movie, he should be a comic relief villain that Superman dispatches in the first 5 minutes in the movie.

Atomic Skull could work in a Superman movie, he could be a goon working for someone else. I wouldn't put him on the top list of villains who should not be adapted to film, but he is more plausible then anyone else on that list.
    The reasoning they gave for Atomic Skull was ridiculous anyway; their main point was that his name was bad. I think that he probably wouldn't fit in the grounded world of Man of Steel in his current form, but I think that could be said about a lot of the Superman villains.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithparc View Post
    The reasoning they gave for Atomic Skull was ridiculous anyway; their main point was that his name was bad. I think that he probably wouldn't fit in the grounded world of Man of Steel in his current form, but I think that could be said about a lot of the Superman villains.
    I have heard of worst names for super villains and Atomic Skull could be just a name given to him by the media. Really I think he has interesting power and an interesting look, he is not interesting enough to be the main villain in a story, but he could be a good henchman or plot device like in "Superman vs. The Elite". Of all the choices in that list, he is the one I would disagree with the most.

He's Always Right Ismail's Light's Avatar

Mr. Mxyzptlk could actually be revamped to make for a pretty awesome villain. Just think about it - Superman is loving life, Mxyzptlk shows up, starts doing all sorts of awesome reality-altering shit, with an Inception/Matrix-esque mindf**k plot, and sets Superman some kind of bizzare riddle or challenge that Superman has to solve in order to stop this menace from quite literally turning his world upside-down and inside-out. Potential for horror, mystery, Superman doing more awesome stuff, and a foe with a seemingly unending reach. He doesn't even have to be an imp - just a mysterious entity that can change into literally anything, be anyone or anything - and nothing Superman does can hide him from the might of Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Goddamn, that would be freaking awesome.

EDIT: The horror potential alone would be off the charts, as would the mystery aspect of it - think "1408"-type horror and a "Who Is Mr. Mxyzptlk?"-esque mystery. Oh, man, now I've given myself a nerdgasm just thinking about it.

EDIT#2: And the reality-altering mindf**k stuff...damn it, I've got to stop doing this to myself. *takes deep breaths to calm down*

EDIT#3: Also, I'm calling it right now - the "Man of Steel" sequel will be called "Man of Tomorrow". It just makes sense.
    Last edited by Ismail's Light; 04-17-2013 at 08:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail's Light View Post
    Mr. Mxyzptlk could actually be revamped to make for a pretty awesome villain. Just think about it - Superman is loving life, Mxyzptlk shows up, starts doing all sorts of awesome reality-altering shit, with an Inception/Matrix-esque mindf**k plot, and sets Superman some kind of bizzare riddle or challenge that Superman has to solve in order to stop this menace from quite literally turning his world upside-down and inside-out. Potential for horror, mystery, Superman doing more awesome stuff, and a foe with a seemingly unending reach. He doesn't even have to be an imp - just a mysterious entity that can change into literally anything, be anyone or anything - and nothing Superman does can hide him from the might of Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Goddamn, that would be freaking awesome.
    You are awesome.

I've been saying this for years: singer/songwriter/actor Tom Waits should play Mr. Mxyzptlk wearing an all-purple version of what he usually wears.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0502_tom_waits_b.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	112400

They should have just named this "villains you will most likely never see in a Superman movie". The only exceptions would be Atomic Skull and Mr. Mxyzptlk who might have a decent chance someday down the road but I imagine there's quite a few more villains that will be adapted before them.

I don't get how Atomic Skull would be a bad choice for a movie villain. In fact, I think he'd be a great choice, especially if they did an amalgam of Albert Michaels and Joseph Martin.

You know who would be a great pick for a movie villain? Manchester Black!