Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Just bring back the Post-Crisis continuity with some tweaks and modern elements that people like.

BANNED

Sidelining Bob Harras and Dan Didio in the managing department seems to be an excellent place to start, this way we avoid them bringing back their faded old friends in a time when the key word is; reinvention.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Sidelining Bob Harras and Dan Didio in the managing department seems to be an excellent place to start, this way we avoid them bringing back their faded old friends in a time when the key word is; reinvention.
    I get the impression that they'd be great managers, but that the tone they are setting doesn't have much of a DC vibe. It looks like a depressing universe and not the exiting place designed by people like Julie, Gardner and Carmine. Timm, Tucker and Cooke know how to get it right for modern audiences, I think the Young Justice guys can make a serious version of it that still feels like the real deal and in the 80s Giordano and Berg sacrificed a bit of that bright, new era vibe for the sake of amazing writing. Now it's just too 90s Image. We know how that story ends. DC should do what DC does best: be the house of great characters who stand for what they believe and live accordingly. There has always been a corner for suspense and horror, but it shouldn't cloud the entire line; just like comedy, it should have its place and moments.

DiDio has his talent, I recognize it, but since he started I tend to nitpick a few jewels from the mud and that's it.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart