Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Eamer View Post
    Agree with everything. It's nice to see a consistent team and knowing they'll be on it from start to finish. It's disappointing to like a character a lot and want to follow his story only to not enjoy the art (*cough*Nightwing*cough*) so with Image you always know what you're going to get and never have the "NEW CREATIVE TEAM" thing. These guys created the characters and they know what they want to do with them.

Anyway, would definitely recommend Bedlam, also Danger Club is very very good and the fifth issue is finally out this week!
    Image does put out books that have "NEW CREATIVE TEAM"s... Spawn has done it, most of the Extreme books do it, Top Cow does it, Haunt did it, Dynamo five changed artists...to name a few. It happens at Image too.

And for the original poster.... Take up Capuga on his Invincible offer. If you like superhero books, Invincible is the best around.

I never tried Invincible. I will flip through it the next time I comic shop, but I might be biased since I'm loving these non superhero stories I'm reading.
    Pull List: Saga, East of West, Aphrodite

As I've really gotten somewhat bored of standard superhero fare, I've tended to gravitate to different genres. Marvel doesn't really put out much beyond that. DC had a fair amount in the new 52, but many of the books I was following have since been cancelled and replaced with more superhero books. As my buylist from them has been shrinking, I've found myself buying more and more Image titles. The key is that Image has enough different types of books in various genres to feed my need for more variety in my comics reading. There are good non-superhero books at other indie publishers, as well, but Image currently seems to be the company showing the most innovation and energy at the moment.

The better Image comics - and Dark Horse, and Valiant, etc. -are like watching some quirky, small-budget film with some cool director. You don't really know what's going to happen. The good guy will probably win, sure, but along the way who knows who will die, who will live, what crazy random stuff will go down etc. Marvel and DC are your big budget Hollywood flicks (...appropriately enough). When done well they are enjoyable, and they will be the most polished. It will be the quirky films that stick with me longest and have me thinking about them afterwards.

The biggest change for me in getting back into comics after a 20-year lay-off is that today it seems writers use Marvel/DC titles to build up their following in order to be able to launch their own indie titles. I think that's great, too.

I hardly read any Marvel at all, though I've liked Daredevil. Apparently Hawkeye is pretty good too. Might take a look at Marvelman, maybe, but I'm sure he'll get all wrapped up hip deep in Marvel U and 100 titles I don't want to buy.

DC still has a handful of really solid titles. Hopefully Vertigo rebuilds post-Karen Berger.

Valiant has great stuff and a smaller connected universe.

Dark Horse has a nice selection of stuff.

Dynamite is doing well with their Pulp-verse and a return of Project Superpowers (vastly underrated).

Fantagraphics always has great stuff.

Image, overall, has the highest energy, most cutting edge stuff out there. So glad I decided to try them again.

It's a great time to be a reader.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Try Gladstone's School for World Conquerors (I hope a new mini of it comes out soon!). And Morning Glories is one of the most interesting comic books of the past twenty years.

And Perhapanauts. The funnest read I've had in a long, long time.

I refuse to read line-wide crossovers so my time with Marvel and DC is over.

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Image is seriously putting out some of the best and most diverse comics out there. They give creators the room to create their own stories, and cover a really wide variety of genres and story types.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    As I've really gotten somewhat bored of standard superhero fare, I've tended to gravitate to different genres. Marvel doesn't really put out much beyond that. DC had a fair amount in the new 52, but many of the books I was following have since been cancelled and replaced with more superhero books. As my buylist from them has been shrinking, I've found myself buying more and more Image titles. The key is that Image has enough different types of books in various genres to feed my need for more variety in my comics reading. There are good non-superhero books at other indie publishers, as well, but Image currently seems to be the company showing the most innovation and energy at the moment.
    It's really too bad that some of the fringe books in DC's 52 got, or will be getting, the axe, like Dial H, Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E., I, Vampire, Amethyst and more. I go out of my way to support those titles, and yet, they fail. If the same titles were at a smaller publisher they would be viable, but because DC has a certain threshold that they have to maintain to be profitable, these titles fold. It's sad, but understandable, but I wish they'd promote these titles more. They're some of the best that DC produces IMO.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

I really enjoy that most titles have a consistent team from beginning to finish. That's a real plus for me.

Each Publisher has it's strengths and weaknesses. I like to enjoy most of the publishers
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    I really enjoy that most titles have a consistent team from beginning to finish. That's a real plus for me.

Each Publisher has it's strengths and weaknesses. I like to enjoy most of the publishers
    I feel exactly the same, much to my wallet's detriment.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Atomic Robo.

You're welcome.