Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Apr 12, 2013

With Marvel's event cards fully turned over, Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso explains Jonathan Hickman's "Infinity" from its origins as an "Avengers" story to a crucial role for The Inhumans.

Full article here.

After drawing the fall of the Skrull Empire in Secret Invasion, see Leinil Francis Yu is drawing them again in Avengers. Looking forward to seeing what he does with a Hickman

BANNED

oh, i see. marvel couldn't get the fans to hate the mutants last summer, so now it's time to push the inhumans as the true outcast/minority metaphor? you've got to be kidding with this.

The first line of defense for this is Tom [Brevoort], who always stands at the epicenter of our big events.
    Probably why they all suck.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiolino View Post
    probably why they all suck.
    zing!!!!!!
    Originally Posted by Dan_Slott

A quick "eyeball" suggests that you need to get a new eyeball

Blue Marvel fans take note!

Alonso: Genis is dead, Anonymous, but it’s not unlikely that you might see the Surfer as part of "Infinity" -- and also not impossible that some out-of-the-way players like the Blue Marvel might find a role to play.

Go Black Bolt and Inhumans.
    But you have minority characters in MU. You really don't need a faux-metaphor.

I agree with the comment made that "unnecessary" tie-ins water down things and erode confidence in books. Too true.

Then I just remembered AoU: Spider-Man. Yeah.

Guess that only applies to books that are on the outside looking in.
    Originally Posted by Dan_Slott

A quick "eyeball" suggests that you need to get a new eyeball

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    oh, i see. marvel couldn't get the fans to hate the mutants last summer, so now it's time to push the inhumans as the true outcast/minority metaphor? you've got to be kidding with this.
    To be fair, the Inhumans have always been more of an outcast group in my mind than the mutants...and I grew up reading the X-men. The X-men, no matter what was going on, were always based either in or fairly close to the human population. Groups like the Inhumans and the Eternals always seemed completely separated from the rest of the MU unless there was something going on that directly their solitude. And the Inhumans and the mutants are really similar either way.
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    I squealed for joy (inside my head lol) when they didn't rule out the possibility of a Blue Marvel appearance. I mean, where has he been during all of these crazy wars like AVX? Doesn't make sense that Iron Man or someone wouldn't have attempted to contact him for help at the very least.
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pharoahe22 View Post
    To be fair, the Inhumans have always been more of an outcast group in my mind than the mutants...and I grew up reading the X-men. The X-men, no matter what was going on, were always based either in or fairly close to the human population. Groups like the Inhumans and the Eternals always seemed completely separated from the rest of the MU unless there was something going on that directly their solitude. And the Inhumans and the mutants are really similar either way.
    what exactly do the inhumans know about facing oppression? they aren't even a part of society. has karnak ever been caught in a hate crime?

Quote Originally Posted by pharoahe22 View Post
    I squealed for joy (inside my head lol) when they didn't rule out the possibility of a Blue Marvel appearance. I mean, where has he been during all of these crazy wars like AVX? Doesn't make sense that Iron Man or someone wouldn't have attempted to contact him for help at the very least.
    Agreed. Now hopefully Marvel corrects this and not waste his potential.

Nice to see the Inhumans getting some more page time, although that comment about Spider-Woman doesn't give me hope. Hopefully KSD will keep using her. (I won't even make a comment about how unlikely we are to see Mockingbird in this).

Skrulls! I can't remember disliking anything with Skrulls, so that gives this hope. I'm hoping that Infinity will be as good as Hickman's work before the Avengers books.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

BOy, I do Hope someone tells Captain America about Blue Marvel...I mean they could use someone like him on the Avengers.

Busy having an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Wow, with both Sentry and now him possibly back, Marvel is
    taking a down for the worse. Ugh.
    Busy having an agenda for daring to disagree with a chip on his shoulder bigot.