Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: What do you think of the changes "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder is making

Full article here.

I fully intend to go into the movie theater and plunk down my hard earned $20 (for me and my girlfriend) with the full expectation that this movie is going to suck and the hope that this movie going suck so that there's absolutely no possibility whatsoever that I will enjoy the movie.

Seriously guys? A poll about what we do or don't like about that doesn't come out for 2 months?!? We're supposed to vote about changes made to a movie based upon what we've read on the internet?!? You guys are making Rich Johnson look like a serious journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by hosstbl View Post
    Seriously guys? A poll about what we do or don't like about that doesn't come out for 2 months?!? We're supposed to vote about changes made to a movie based upon what we've read on the internet?!? You guys are making Rich Johnson look like a serious journalist.
    Also, there's no poll.

So, there's that...
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

I don't care about the "changes". I care that with only a couple of months to go, everything I see about the film looks desaturated, introspective, and "grounded".

And if I see that bloody "handcuff" scene one more time...
    Mario Di Giacomo

All the stuff about genetic-engineering on Krypton and Kal-El being a natural conception could be interesting, and if it works, I could see it being incorporated into the comics later, like they incorporated the whole style of Krypton with crystals from the Donner films into the comics.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

A poll about a movie that hasn't even come out yet...how utterly pointless.

Snyder is just another guy who doesn't get it, can't say I'm surprised.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Snyder is just another guy who doesn't get it, can't say I'm surprised.
    Is that why the comics also used to have Superman being born through a birthing matrix?

The changes to krypton are a bit of a red flag, but it will all come down to execution, so I'm going to withhold judgement until I see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Is that why the comics also used to have Superman being born through a birthing matrix?
    Pretty much, yes. Byrne was another guy who didn't get Superman. A lot of smart and talented people don't understand the character, so there's no shame there.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Also, there's no poll.

So, there's that...
    Just checking in; still no poll.

It's like the poll gained sentience, only to realize how worthless it was, and then killed itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Just checking in; still no poll.

It's like the poll gained sentience, only to realize how worthless it was, and then killed itself...
    The poll is on the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Pretty much, yes. Byrne was another guy who didn't get Superman. A lot of smart and talented people don't understand the character, so there's no shame there.
    I think he got him just fine. Of course my definition of Superman isn't predicated on him being Jewish or created by a Jewish team as major factor in "getting" Superman. A lot of people seem to agree, and like the post Crisis Superman/Clark better.
    I like swords.

It's not that Snyder, Goyer and Nolan don't get Superman. It's that they're making a different version of Superman for the cinema universe, rather than just rehash what was done before. And it's been said since 09, that Goyer's story was going to borrow from "Man Of Steel".

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    The poll is on the link.
    Is it?

When I click the link, this is all I see:

edit: of course, now it works...
    Last edited by ABH-1979; 04-12-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Without knowing what said changes are, since there's no mention of them anywhere in the Poll's article, I can't really give an answer.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.