Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Do you think it is a good idea to bring Carrie Kelly into regular DC Universe c

Full article here.

Not while it's a mess, clean it up and we'll talk.
    People are like the stars, there are bright ones and there are those that are dim.
    R.I.P. Hilde.

I think it doesn't matter. It's just a familiar name from a more popular book. It's not the same character. So the only thing that will determine her worth is the quality of the stories she is utilized in.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStarr86 View Post
    Not while it's a mess, clean it up and we'll talk.
    It's wonderful how we readers can all share and experience different opinions in our enjoying of comics, as I felt the mess was prior to flashpoint and I haven't been happier with the New 52 DC comics so far. LOVE that Carrie Kelley is now in existence ongoing, yay!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

As much as I like Carrie, I'm personally going to have to wait and see what Peter Tomasi plans on doing with her first before I can decide if It was a good idea or not.

I say, sure, why not? You either bring Carrie into the New 52, where you can use the character, or you leave her in Miller's DK-verse.

I'm not sure if it will pay off for DC, yet, but this is one of their many characters, so if they want to use her, then they should.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Personally I dont see the need for her. There are a quite a few other characters I would have liked to have seen show up and be utilized. How interesting would it have been if instead of being Batgirl, Cassandra Cain was re-introduced as Robin? Or what about if Stephanie Brown had been given a proper opportunity to be Robin and not just a poorly thought out plot device? Carrie Kelly as Robin...as said above...not even close to the same character so all points will be determined in how she is written and how readers take to this interpretation of her.

If the character is Carrie Kellie, then yes.

However, if she's just someone who looks like her and shares her name, but has very little in common with Miller's character, then no. What would be the point? (Publicity aside, of course)

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

I think it's about the exact same level of "good idea" that Before Watchmen was. Meaning, I'm not offended by the idea, but neither am I even slightly interested. It seems more than a little pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I think it's about the exact same level of "good idea" that Before Watchmen was. Meaning, I'm not offended by the idea, but neither am I even slightly interested. It seems more than a little pointless.
    Agree completely.
    Too broke for a pull list.

I would be more bothered by DC doing post-DKR comics starring Carrie Kelley and having someone like JMS write them. As it stands, writing a red-haired girl named Carrie Kelley into current continuity and just having her be a civilian doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Not like it matter she's not the same character in any way
    She's a college hipster kid now
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

I like her now because she reminds me so much of Barbara well what Barbara is suppose to be.
    DEAD BABIES AVAILABLE NOW
    ORDER NOW Blog Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sizzers View Post
    If the character is Carrie Kellie, then yes.

However, if she's just someone who looks like her and shares her name, but has very little in common with Miller's character, then no. What would be the point? (Publicity aside, of course)
    That sums up a startling amount of the New 52 as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    I say, sure, why not?
    I'm with you. I don't necessarily want to see her become Robin but I like the way they've introduced her and have always loved the character.

I liked when Harley leapt from the animated series to the page and the way Lock Up did the same.

This kinda reminds me of that.

She's a good character, and a fan favorite. (And I feel comfortable saying that about her.)

So why not?
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!