Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lobdell on "Teen Titans," "Superboy" & "Action Comics"

DC Comics writer Scott Lobdell discusses Trigon's re-appearance in "Teen Titans," the surprising gatefold cover to "Superboy" #19 and reveals he's on for a full series arc in "Action Comics."

Full article here.

Uuuugggghhhhh I want to gouge my eyes out after reading Lobdell talk about the Titans...

After seeing how Teen Titans could be rebooted and conceptualized in everything from the classic New Teen Titans, Young Justice, animated Teen Titans Go!, the animated Young Justice, Geoff John's Teen Titans and even Jurgens Teen Titans I have to say I'm still surprised that DC went with this for a reboot.

No Aqualad, a "Wonder Girl" without a connection to Wonder Woman (PLEASE change her name!), no Arrowette/Speedy/Arsenal and while Kid Flash's costume is a great reinvention the rest are just so unremarkable. I love Brett Booth, I think this was the right title for him but it's the opposite of iconic.

I appreciate this isn't The Junior Justice League and I'm glad they're introducing new characters like Bunker but to start with a clean slate and to go to this is perplexing. Visually it's a missed opportunity...if Raven is "satan's daughter' why draw her with all feather faced? where the satan's daughter vibe? she's not ominous, not dark, not forboding...unless we find out that Superboy's dad is Tron I think it's back to the drawing board there...and Wonder Girl and this Silent Armor whatever thing looked like a Liefeld consultation went awry.

I got into comics with Lobdell's Uncanny. When people bash the 90's I still have VERY fond memories of those issues. I know not everyone will bat 1,000 but TT looks like a miss still.

For someone who "doesn't hate fans", he sure is going out of his way to diss one fan for something she didn't even say.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    After seeing how Teen Titans could be rebooted and conceptualized in everything from the classic New Teen Titans, Young Justice, animated Teen Titans Go!, the animated Young Justice, Geoff John's Teen Titans and even Jurgens Teen Titans I have to say I'm still surprised that DC went with this for a reboot.

No Aqualad, a "Wonder Girl" without a connection to Wonder Woman (PLEASE change her name!), no Arrowette/Speedy/Arsenal and while Kid Flash's costume is a great reinvention the rest are just so unremarkable. I love Brett Booth, I think this was the right title for him but it's the opposite of iconic.

I appreciate this isn't The Junior Justice League and I'm glad they're introducing new characters like Bunker but to start with a clean slate and to go to this is perplexing. Visually it's a missed opportunity...if Raven is "satan's daughter' why draw her with all feather faced? where the satan's daughter vibe? she's not ominous, not dark, not forboding...unless we find out that Superboy's dad is Tron I think it's back to the drawing board there...and Wonder Girl and this Silent Armor whatever thing looked like a Liefeld consultation went awry.

I got into comics with Lobdell's Uncanny. When people bash the 90's I still have VERY fond memories of those issues. I know not everyone will bat 1,000 but TT looks like a miss still.
    I don't think Teen Titans is the best title lobdell has written, but most of what your complains are seems like nostalgia to me. Raven has been one of the most boring character in comics. The last time she was interesting was on the animated series where she was witty and sarcastic and funny. When was the last time she did that in the comics? Wonder girl may not have a connection to Wonder Woman also could be the fact that the creative team for Wonder Woman don't see a need for this new version of Wonder Woman who is young and still exploring the world to suddenly mentor someone. All in all, the last few years for titans have been really bad, this new version was a breath of fresh air, although it could be improved.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Shit man, I didn't bitch load enough. MissLane38 gets a shout out but not me? This shit just sucks.

For the record Lobdell, if you're going to refer to me, refer to me as Mr_Not_Troller.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

If Lobdell has to mention me in an interview, he should at least try to get the facts straight. I never said he hated fans. I said it would be sad and pathetic if he hated me or other fans who pointed out continuity errors. It was an obvious conditional statement not an accusation that was meant as a defense against someone accusing him of hating me.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

so misslane, did you point out continuity errors to snyder and morrison? Why don't you try to do that and tell it to geoff johns as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    so misslane, did you point out continuity errors to snyder and morrison? Why don't you try to do that and tell it to geoff johns as well.
    I have pointed out errors Johns and Morrison made, and I haven't read any of Snyder's work. Do you think it's your job to comment on all other creators' work before you do so here? One doesn't have to critique everyone en masse in order to have a right to free speech. What you're suggesting is ridiculously unreasonable.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

MissLane you're famous. Maybe you don't like him but Lobdell is a your "follower".
    I hope that in an interview Jim Lee mentions Lexrules.
    Last edited by the Sun God; 04-11-2013 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

Hey, Mr Lobdell

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I have pointed out errors Johns and Morrison made, and I haven't read any of Snyder's work. Do you think it's your job to comment on all other creators' work before you do so here? One doesn't have to critique everyone en masse in order to have a right to free speech. What you're suggesting is ridiculously unreasonable.
    Sure except you're putting out ridiculous statement stating that retconing stuff out = bad writing or basing their work off retconing = bad writing or it should not be a writer's job to decide what to include and not to include.
    All these statements you made seems ridiculous and are mostly personal. So if you have to blast at a writer that you have an agenda with, nobody takes you seriously. At least people around this board have not been taking you seriously for a while.

Curious what his plans for Trigon will be. Trigon could've easily become recognised as the main big bad of the DC'verse instead of Darkseid had things worked out a different way, and he's saying a few interesting things here. Hopefully the title will finally get back on track with this.

Oh, and good to hear that it's not actually Light. I guess that confirms we're seeing a different character in the Trinity War teasers.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Curious what his plans for Trigon will be. Trigon could've easily become recognised as the main big bad of the DC'verse instead of Darkseid had things worked out a different way, and he's saying a few interesting things here. Hopefully the title will finally get back on track with this.

Oh, and good to hear that it's not actually Light. I guess that confirms we're seeing a different character in the Trinity War teasers.
    Its a little ridiculous though. I don't get why editors can't just agree on whether or not they're gonna use a character.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Miss Lane is my hero.
    Originally Posted by Francisco
    In a few years no one other that some aging fanboys like you would remember anything about the Donner film.

Welcome to The Lexrules Hall of Shame...