Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1410

Does a current, up-to-date Iron Man reading list exist where the issues are ordered in relation to being before/after major events? In particular, I'm scratching my head over how Iron Man #510-527 fits in with AvX and Marvel NOW.

If not, my questions are:
    1) When is Tony supposed to have been kidnapped by the Mandarin? When is he hanging out with the Guardians of the Galaxy? Is Fraction's run meant to have ended before AvX?
    2) When does he officially become an Avenger again? During AvX?
    3) Does anything take place for Tony between the end of AvX and the beginning of Avengers #1 (2013)? How does Iron Man #1-8 fit in to the events of Avengers/New Avengers?

OK, I'm a little confused....
    Is the "White Event" and Age of Ultron part of the same event or are they seperate?
    Was it explained somewhere(yet) what caused Age of Ultron?

one hundred ways to die Centipede Damascus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Rogue View Post
    OK, I'm a little confused....
    Is the "White Event" and Age of Ultron part of the same event or are they seperate?
    They are separate events.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Rogue View Post
    Was it explained somewhere(yet) what caused Age of Ultron?
    Basically, Ultron did.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    They are separate events.

Basically, Ultron did.
    Cool. Thanks Centipede :)

I hadn't bought Avengers(excpet Uncanny) in a month or so and wasn't sure if I had missed something. Like an issue where it actually had shown Ulton causing it( like Legion did in AOA) or if it was kind of a just jump into it.
    Thanks for the clarification

one hundred ways to die Centipede Damascus's Avatar

Yeah, they decided to just jump right in to the middle of the action without any real setup. It is a bit confusing.

Default can someone explain Avengers Assemble to me?

so, I was just catching up on the series, and notice a few things
    Zodiac shows up, no one has ever heard of them, even though they have been around for over 40 years.
    they meet Thanos, act like they didnt know him.

yet.... it seems to tie into the new guardians of the galaxy series.

so is this in continuity?
    are they rewriting history?

did the whole thing with captain marvel and thanos never happen now?

myheadhurts
    "I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up!"
    The Doctor

I think it was originally (as in Bendis' run) supposed to be in more of an MCU continuity, but since KSD took over, it's been brought into the mainstream continuity. As a result, the earlier issues are a bit dodgy and the continuity makes things either dumb or gross (the Clint and Natasha stuff turns them both into cheaters).

My advice? Avoid Bendis' run and stick to KSD's current stuff.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by avenging son View Post
    Zodiac shows up, no one has ever heard of them, even though they have been around for over 40 years.
    It's a new Zodiac.

I think any perceptions there are either poor writing, or bringing the reader up to speed. Because when Tony makes the announcement to all the gathered heroes about the impending threat, none of them really seem to question who Thanos is.

Yep.

It still happened.

Quote Originally Posted by avenging son View Post
    so, I was just catching up on the series, and notice a few things

yet.... it seems to tie into the new guardians of the galaxy series.

are they rewriting history?

myheadhurts
    There's been at least three maybe four previous Zodiac teams. This new group wouldn't know Thanos.

This series is in continuity. But it serves several functions...to capitalize on the success of the Avengers movie, to set up Bendis Guardians series, and get folks excited about the Guardians movie.

My personal opinion is I thought the dialogue for the Hulk was off. Sometimes he seemed like dumb Hulk, then he seemed like merged/smart Hulk, then he seemed like just some dude...

And I'm kinda with Hawkingbird 13, exactly what was the purpose of having Natasha kiss Clint other than the fact that the writer knew he had to fill a certain amount of pages?

Default Despite their upcoming appearance in the Iron Man 3 Movie, Why did Marvel kill off...

The creators of the Extremis ?

I mean what is the point of having the creators of the Extremis in the Iron Man 3 movie when the viewers of the movie cannot get a modern day look at them in comic book format and would have to resort to using TPB storyline ?

I would guess that less than 10% of the people who saw Avengers last summer have picked up a comic book since then. Even then, I'm not sure the creators of Extremis would be a motivating factor in picking up a book.

Default Anything out now like new avengers original and the heroic age run?

I really loved the original new avengers and then the new run after siege, same with the avengers! But the thing I loved about new avengers was the team, not that I hate the illuminati but I loved the original new avengers! And I feel Avengers current run is very out there for my taste and by that I mean I liked things local on earth and such and now the roster is everybody! Are there any titles out for those of us with nostalgia of the previous avengers/new avengers run! And I hope I don't come off as hating the books because I tried them have respect for them but they just aren't my Cup of tea!

No. Secret Avengers is maybe the closest thing to it.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I really loved the original new avengers and then the new run after siege, same with the avengers! But the thing I loved about new avengers was the team, not that I hate the illuminati but I loved the original new avengers! And I feel Avengers current run is very out there for my taste and by that I mean I liked things local on earth and such and now the roster is everybody! Are there any titles out for those of us with nostalgia of the previous avengers/new avengers run! And I hope I don't come off as hating the books because I tried them have respect for them but they just aren't my Cup of tea!
    The new Secret Avengers and Avengers Assemble are the closest things to New Avengers: Avengers Assemble has the family-like, happier, with more character moments. Secret Avengers has surprisingly funny moments and a lot of characterisation for a book about covert ops.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by Groked View Post
    I would guess that less than 10% of the people who saw Avengers last summer have picked up a comic book since then. Even then, I'm not sure the creators of Extremis would be a motivating factor in picking up a book.

But still, with the events of even the first Iron Man Marvel NOW arc focus on Tony destorying the Extrimis and its usages, it makes the whole Extrimis idea seem kind of bad and foolish. I mean why showcase that in the upcoming Marvel Movie if the comics aren't up to code with the movie itself ?