Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Bunn Adds Warrior Woman to the Ranks of "Fearless Defenders"

CBR News spoke with "Fearless Defenders" writer Cullen Bunn about his plans for the series, the incredible Hercules and the team's newest recruit, the resurrected Amazonian Queen Hippolyta AKA Warrior Woman.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    While we're on the topic of Warrior Woman's past, she's connected to the Olympian pantheon of gods. So what is she doing with Hela? Wouldn't Pluto, the Olympian God of the Underworld, be upset over Hela resurrecting a soul that fell under his purview?

We'll learn more about her resurrection in the third issue, but Pluto was involved -- as were a number of other death gods. Hela had to do some wheeling and dealing. The true price Hela must pay -- and the ulterior motives of the death gods (because you know there are some) -- are revealed in time.
    Nice! One of the few Marvel titles I still read.

Who are all the established Marvel death gods of the Earth pantheons anyway?

Of course, there are the big ones:
    Hela
    Pluto
    Mephisto
    Seth

And then the lesser known ones:
    Ahpuch
    Yama
    Nergal
    Ereshkigal
    Sagbata/Baron Samedi
    Erlik
    Tuoni & Surma
    Narahdarn
    Supay
    Mictlantecuhtli

Any others?

BANNED

Man, I can't wait to read issue three tomorrow!

This series is rapidly moving from my "like it" pile to my "love it" pile. Nice to see a creative team clearly having fun... and fun WITH readers, as opposed to fun at readers expense (e.g., I don't expect any salivating press releases about how "mad" an upcoming issue is going to make me as a fan).

We got action, character development, character conflict, big challenges in the forefront and lurking unseen just beyond the edges, and a good sesne of comic drama (without cranking it up to eye-rolling melodrama). When I can almost hear the background music behind a scene, that's a good product - and a great combination of writer/artist. Makes the ol' soul sing for a change.

You've mentioned just about all I can think of. But gosh, these guys are really working with a large range of Marvel's mythos, and that promise for 7-12 to go cosmic, street, occult...I just hope this book doesn't fall prey to people thinking their favourite character wasn't done right when they do show up. =S

And...Young Defenders? Whoa...what?! Oh dear...=P

Curious to see why Valkyrie differentiates between her current team and...the Shieldmaidens.

I passed on this at first, but with Dani, and the addition of Hippolyta, I've got to give this book a shot...

Plus, those are some amazing covers, very creative.

I've loved the first two issues. It's going to be torture waiting for my montly order to ship out and get here so I can read issue three.

When I heard Warrior Woman I was thinking of that old Invaders villain, the Nazi woman. I though wow, that's an interesting move.
    writer: The Venger: Dead Man Rising

Twitter-Facebook-Email-VENGER

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

Great interview! I really love how the plans Cullen is laying out sound.

Being an Invaders fan as well, I saw the handle Warrior Woman and my mind flashed for just a sec to the old villain from that book. It was like "Oh Noes." But then I realized it was alright.

And the covers to this series really are incredible.
    Stuff people complain about on boards is stuff that sells best.Stuff boards & Tumblr support almost uniformly sells poorly.I am not happy about this,it makes me sad.But itís true-Gail Simone(edit)

Loving this series. Marvel has tried the all female thing before right? This has some teeth. Characters people care about (Val, Misty, and DANI). It's a good story, with good art...and not some girl power kick. Kudos to right this series as a regular series that just happens to have all women.

Val has all kinds of potential and I am glad Marvel has her back in the spotlight the last few years (Secret Avengers, Fear Itself, Fearless Defenders).

As for Warrior Woman? I am a fan of all marvel myth characters...the Marvel Hippolita is very interesting and fun. Obviously has a Wonder Woman nod...in this new form. Not sure how I like the power upgrade...she was pretty badass before. But I am interested...great series!

I thought this was a good issue although I wondered about that Themyscira thing. I don't think Themyscira is the mythological name of the home of the Amazons....
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

Boy I hope this works better in the comic than in Bunn's explanation of it. I'm totally lost after reading this.I guess this book needs to be read by fans like Soundrave. What a great list of totally obscure Mythical Marvel characters nobody's heard of in decades.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Cosmic means Gamora.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    "....who are you? Still don't know who you are. Not good enough."
    -Boozier

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I thought this was a good issue although I wondered about that Themyscira thing. I don't think Themyscira is the mythological name of the home of the Amazons....
    It is. =P

And heh, I'll try and see if I can do a full brief overview review/spoiler thread together, since Songbird's gone til tomorrow =3

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Spatola View Post
    When I heard Warrior Woman I was thinking of that old Invaders villain, the Nazi woman. I though wow, that's an interesting move.
    Yeah, I actually thought that too.

Sneaking a Nazi into the Fearless Defenders might have been interesting. But this is cool too.