Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Arkham Origins: Eight Assassins?

In regards to Batman: Arkham Origins, it has been revealed that the plot will entail eight of the world's greatest assassins going after Batman. Deathstroke is confirmed. Who are the other seven?

Some guesses:
    Azrael - It would definitely be a great throwback to the Knightfall era, and totally up the series' alley moodwise.
    Deadshot - Likely the very first boss.
    Mirror Master (Chris McCulloch) - Not a Batman villain, but neither strictly speaking is Deathstroke: plus, don't tell me this wouldn't make for an amazing boss fight.
    Lady Shiva - Almost a certainty.
    Cheshire - Could be! God knows this series loves its poisons.
    David Cain - Unlikely, but it would be a great excuse to get Cass back into the mix.
    Lobo - Screw it. Why not?

Got any better ideas, folks?

Deathstroke for sure.
    Where is the madness that you promised me? Where is the dream for which I paid dearly?

Not Azrael. He was unknown until Arkham city and is not a for-hire guy.

I would add Bane to the list.
    Chill!

penetrator of things

Bronze Tiger
    Deadshot
    Deathstroke
    Merlyn
    Lady Shiva
    Talia al Ghul
    David Cain
    Shrike

Edit:
    Cause also throw in White Ghost, if the assassins are League of Assassins-ish
    Last edited by tako; 04-09-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Bronze Tiger and Merlyn are pretty good calls! I think Talia, within the confines of the Arkhamverse, maintains a higher position than "assassin for hire" though. Does anyone even care about Shrike?

As for Bane, I don't think we really need to see him *again*.

penetrator of things

I just picked out some random people in the League of Assassins. Shrike, while not a well known one, is known as part of the League.
    It seems like Talia - under the guise of not Talia - could be the final assassin.

So excited for Deathstroke!

Shiva
    Merlyn
    Deadshot
    David Cain
    Cheshire
    The Sensei

I would love to see Bronze Tiger. Though he was only with the League of Assassins when he was brain washed right?

The Talia in disguise theory is a pretty good one. As for Sensei, I doubt he'd trouble himself with this. And outside of that, he's not even partially well-known. Doesn't have that *dazzle*.

Maybe Firefly?

Prometheus? Not strictly an assassin, but he could be doing it for free just to get a shot at Batman. And his picture has shown up in the previous games.
    "Batman is this force that appears out of nowhere behind a guy or all the sudden comes through the window like a man-sized brick and the note attached is a serious ass-whooping"

Well, besides Deathstroke who has already been revealed, Lady Shiva and Deadshot I think are a given. Talia would be a good guess and, considering this is supposed to be a prequel to Arkham Asylum/Arkham City, it could also be used to show the beginnings of Batman and Talia's romance.

As for the remaining four, I think Prometheus seems likely, given that, as a boss in a video game, his gimmick would be to use all of Batman's own "special moves" against him, depending upon which ones you purchased during level ups. Likewise, Firefly who could fly and use fire-based attacks just as Mr. Freeze used ice-based ones. Another could be KGBeast who, like Killer Croc and Bane, could be the "tank boss."

And for the fourth, my out of left field guess is...The Red Hood. Not Jason Todd but the original Red Hood, who, as comic book fans know, is the guy who became the Joker. After all, it's a prequel to Arkham City and Arkham Asylum in which the Joker was essentially the big bad in both games. It only makes sense that he'd show up here, but the big twist is that he's not the Joker yet.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

If they DON'T have Flamingo things will get heated here.
    Too broke for a pull list.

I think DC would prefer to forget KGBeast ever happened.

Firefly and Prometheus would both be interesting (particularly the latter).

Deathstroke
    Deadshot
    Lady Shiva
    David Cain
    Cheshire
    Maybe Tigress?
    Definitely someone from the LoA