Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lemire Gives "Green Arrow" His Arch(er) Enemy

In Komodo, Jeff Lemire has introduced a new arch-nemesis for DC's Green Arrow. The writer spoke with CBR about his plans for the villain, his daughter and a new team of Outsiders being developed with Ann Nocenti.

Full article here.

So are we treating this like the Outsiders weren't in Batman Inc last year or are they now the non-Outsiders just like Dick was a part of the non-Titans?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    So are we treating this like the Outsiders weren't in Batman Inc last year or are they now the non-Outsiders just like Dick was a part of the non-Titans?
    Is that a rhetorical question?

I thought Merlyn was always Green Arrow's arch-nemesis and an archer as well. Why are they treating the idea of Komodo like some revolutionary concept?
    Captain Universe is not Monica Rambeau. Monica Rambeau is not in Avengers.

I'm kinda over the island. It may just be from Arrow or that Year One was only a few years ago, but it just feels done to death at the moment.

You always have to go back to the island, Balzan. It's not done with us yet.

I really hope that the outsiders element doesn't mean a crossover with Katana etc and that Nocenti doesn't have much of a presence in this book. She had her chance and blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    I thought Merlyn was always Green Arrow's arch-nemesis and an archer as well. Why are they treating the idea of Komodo like some revolutionary concept?
    Meryln who?

Because his name is Merlyn.
    I like comic books.

BANNED

Ha! I knew it, Lemire and Nocenti are working on a new Outsiders title. Rakzodamus strikes again!

That's probably CBR's fault since Lemire never said that Komodo was going to be Green Arrow's archenemy and he already mentioned that he's going to bring back Merlyn along with a few old villains from Ollie's rogue gallery.

And really, that's how it should be. The world's greatest archer versus the world's deadliest archer, I can't wait to see their first encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBalzan View Post
    I'm kinda over the island. It may just be from Arrow or that Year One was only a few years ago, but it just feels done to death at the moment.
    From what I've read so far it looks like Lemire wats to do something pretty different with the island, something that will probably redefine the GA mythos.

Well if Nocenti is with Lemire on an Outsiders title than it shouldn't be too awful. I really don't know how to react to that...
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

I'm sort of hoping that Ollie will kill Komodo in front of Emiko and she'll assume the role of Ollie's arch nemesis. I find her far more interesting so far and she seems a good deal more competent than her dad despite being less brutal; Think about it though how many heroes have a little girl as the main reoccurring enemy. Few at best.

But what will probably happen is she'll see how her dad is misguided and find her own path.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBalzan View Post
    But we have to go back! WE HAVE TO GO BACK!
    Bra'tac: Now we die.
    O'Neill: Well, that's a bad plan.

O'Neill: I've spent my whole life sticking it to the man.
    Jackson: Well now you will be the man.
    O'Neill: I don't think I can be the man.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I'm sort of hoping that Ollie will kill Komodo in front of Emiko and she'll assume the role of Ollie's arch nemesis. I find her far more interesting so far and she seems a good deal more competent than her dad despite being less brutal; Think about it though how many heroes have a little girl as the main reoccurring enemy. Few at best.

But what will probably happen is she'll see how her dad is misguided and find her own path.
    I kind of doubt that... she's much more sadistic than he is. He uses her to threaten prisoners, she's such a piece of work. It would be pretty awesome for his nemesis to be a little girl, though, if Komodo dies. But Komodo is leagues better than Merlyn and I'd hate to see him go, at this point. Love this book. Bring on Count Vertigo, Shado, Brick and China White! Maybe Cupid and Onomatopoeia, if he can make it not be stupid.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Sadly, I am not into this book at all. Three issues in, I gave up. I don't care about Ollie and find the villains grating. Komodo/Emiko = do not like them. I thought my feeling would change with this new team on board. No dice. I'll stick with my old school GA reads, Year One and Arrow.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?