View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
279. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Standard sized

28 10.04%
  • Deluxe

80 28.67%
  • Omnibus

85 30.47%
  • Absolute

86 30.82%
Page 38 of 365 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Shame about Starman, I got given the first Omnibus and it's quite good. I would buy oversized but not at $50 for standard sized hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Yeah, the Starman omnibus trades got cancelled.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...g-out-of-print
    Thank you for sourcing it. Unfortunately the tweet that this thread you linked originates from doesn't give any relevant details as to WHY it's being allowed to go out of print. Could be anything, even a planned omni from the way DC's been ramping up omni production of acclaimed runs lately.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Shame about Starman, I got given the first Omnibus and it's quite good. I would buy oversized but not at $50 for standard sized hardcovers.
    You think that's bad, the first three hardcovers are going for over 100$ each here in Canada. No way Im paying that for hardcovers that aren't even oversized. Thats why I had started collecting the trades. I'm normally a HC guy but those amazon.ca seller prices are exceedingly unreasonable.
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada

[
    I'd like to see Hellblazer in a deluxe HC or omnibus.
    Green Lantern/Green Arrow absolute.
    Hitman deluxe/omnibus.[/QUOTE]

I agree about HITMAN deluxe/omnibus.
    What an awesome read that series was/is.
    Love to read it again in a better format then tpb's.
    Any info or chance of that?

Quote Originally Posted by knick_knick View Post
    I agree about HITMAN deluxe/omnibus.
    What an awesome read that series was/is.
    Love to read it again in a better format then tpb's.
    Any info or chance of that?
    Considering the trades just barely sold at all, there's no chance of any kind of hardcover.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    What are the feelings here on the 52 zero omnibus? A good stand alone read?
    I read a bunch of the zero issues and enjoyed them for the most part. Not sure I'd put down the coin for an omnibus book, though. It might be better to pick some of your favorite characters or writers and buy the floppies.

Quote Originally Posted by knick_knick View Post
    [
    I'd like to see Hellblazer in a deluxe HC or omnibus.
    Green Lantern/Green Arrow absolute.
    Hitman deluxe/omnibus.
    Hellblazer could almost be divided into omnibus editions by writers.
    There is sort of an Absolute edition of GL/GA, but DC should do it right.

Just finished reading the House of Secrets Omnibus and it was truly great. Almost every issue in there was top notch. Especially the issues about the court members were very entertaining. It's quite a dark and gritty book, but the way the at is painted brings some lightness to the stories. Well for the most part anyway. Highly recommended!

Totally agree!
    Just finished reading HoS omnibus and it's one of the best graphic stories I ever read. I'm really impressed with the story (it reminds me Stephen King in his best form) and fascinating visual style. Must read.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Just finished reading the House of Secrets Omnibus and it was truly great. Almost every issue in there was top notch. Especially the issues about the court members were very entertaining. It's quite a dark and gritty book, but the way the at is painted brings some lightness to the stories. Well for the most part anyway. Highly recommended!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Totally agree!
    Just finished reading HoS omnibus and it's one of the best graphic stories I ever read. I'm really impressed with the story (it reminds me Stephen King in his best form) and fascinating visual style. Must read.
    Agreed. I finished the last "issue" in it last night. A great read. Did you two check out the interview with Seagle over at Newsarama?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Totally agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Agreed. I finished the last "issue" in it last night. A great read. Did you two check out the interview with Seagle over at Newsarama?
    Now very tempted to read this next. Read through Hickman's Avengers v1 this weekend and was trying to work out what to start next out of New Avengers Omnibus or Punk Rock Jesus.... Now I need to add HoS to the list. This is why I shouldn't buy in such huge bulk - I have such a huge 'to read' pile and so much of that I'm dying to get to.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

Craving a Black Mirror Absolute
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    Now very tempted to read this next. Read through Hickman's Avengers v1 this weekend and was trying to work out what to start next out of New Avengers Omnibus or Punk Rock Jesus.... Now I need to add HoS to the list. This is why I shouldn't buy in such huge bulk - I have such a huge 'to read' pile and so much of that I'm dying to get to.
    Don't even start on a 'to read pile', not funny. I'm glad Thursday is Ascension Day, so that's 4 days off. I really need to catch up.

EDIT
    Got the holidays mixed up, but thank God Jesus died multiple times (no offense) or we wouldn't have had so many holidays.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 05-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Don't even start on a 'to read pile', not funny. I'm glad Thursday is Ascension Day, so that's 4 days off. I really need to catch up.
    I had a bank holiday this weekend so managed to make it through a few bits and pieces, really nice with the weather being so good just sitting in the garden with some good music and good books.
    EDIT
    Got the holidays mixed up, but thank God Jesus died multiple times (no offense) or we wouldn't have had so many holidays.
    Haha!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

I lol'd. :)

@Martin- hahaha

But guys. Do any of you ever go through phases where you can't get into comics? Past couple of days I feel like it's a chore to read them. Not getting very excited about new issues. I hope this is just a phase.
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    @Martin- hahaha

But guys. Do any of you ever go through phases where you can't get into comics? Past couple of days I feel like it's a chore to read them. Not getting very excited about new issues. I hope this is just a phase.
    Not really, but I don't usually read only about one character all in a row, I try to mix things up.

I did read the Knightfall tpb, KnightQuest tpb, and KnightsEnd tpb all within a three or four month period last summer, but it wasn't a chore at all. It was a pleasure.

If it becomes a chore, then you may need to take a break and do something else. That goes for anything, not just reading comic books.