Thread: From Mike...

Default From Mike...

About a third Hellboy film--
    There are a couple articles out floating around out there right now that sort of make it sound like I don't want a third movie made or even implying that somehow I might in some way stopping a third one from being made--That's just stupid. I have no idea why these things are popping up now. I'm asked all the time if a third film is in the works and I always say there isn't--Because there isn't. Simple as that. Of course I would be thrilled to see a third one made. I know Ron would like to do it and I think if ANYONE could talk Universal into it it would be del Toro. After #2 someone at the studio assured me that they would NEVER make a third and that was the last contact I had with anyone at Universal. That was a long time ago and things change and I do hope things will change, but who knows. Certainly it all has nothing to do with me. The fate of a third film is entirely somewhere between del Toro and Universal.
    Mike

CBM and Mike, In light of the information above what are the chances of a new Animated Hellboy Film [ the Lobster really needs more screen time]. ??? Would a Kickstarter project be valid or appropriate.??? Thanks for the great work, all the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninth Hispana View Post
    CBM and Mike, In light of the information above what are the chances of a new Animated Hellboy Film [ the Lobster really needs more screen time]. ??? Would a Kickstarter project be valid or appropriate.??? Thanks for the great work, all the best...
    I'm not CBM or mr Mike. Obviously.

But I do believe that question was pretty much dealt with at panels in recent years, with the answer sounding to be, that for both the movies or animated flicks or be it merchandise along with such, any initiative to doing them would be lying as needing to start with the licenseholders.
    Being not mr Mike or Christine, but the corporation(s) or persons having bought up some rights (being Universal and/or Sci Fi (Amazing Screw-On Animated) or the ex-company Starz Media or such) - as I would be to understand it.
    It sounded to me Universal would be the big cheese where much or even all of it would be concerned, for as long as the movie rights would be with them, even for the Mezco figures or such.

But I won't be no expert since I don't do Hollywood movie contract sorta stuff - or at least I'd not be cheap at it!
    I'd want fresh butter popcorn with premium caramel, whenever at the drop of a lash (), except Tuesdays, since I need to keep my figure. I'd be cool with drivers as long as I get to drive. No Pepsi and no Sprite, not ever. Also I hate smoking except for "shag tobacco" which I hardly do without. Just saying. Other than that I'm a ray of sunshine 'round the clock.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninth Hispana View Post
    GDT has said that the third movie would cost $150M...that would be one hell of a Kickstarter...(not going to happen)
    As for an Animated Film...we have NO control over that...it is entirely in the studio (Universal's) hands...

Is it true that most of the third animated film was actually completed? Or at least some of the voice work? I know there's a production blog floating around with details about it, but I can't remember where it is. Just seems so, well, stupid (and I am NOT at all suggesting this is Mike's fault, as I don't believe it is) that they would merchandise it so heavily yet drop it so suddenly.

Still, I'm going to confess I don't have much hope for a Hellboy 3 'announcement' (in that it's being made), especially with del Toro focusing so much on other projects, which I find to be a shame but that's sometimes what happens, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Is it true that most of the third animated film was actually completed?
    No...they had a story then the studio pulled the plug...

Ah. Thanks for the clarification :)

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Is it true that most of the third animated film was actually completed? Or at least some of the voice work? I know there's a production blog floating around with details about it, but I can't remember where it is. Just seems so, well, stupid (and I am NOT at all suggesting this is Mike's fault, as I don't believe it is) that they would merchandise it so heavily yet drop it so suddenly.

Still, I'm going to confess I don't have much hope for a Hellboy 3 'announcement' (in that it's being made), especially with del Toro focusing so much on other projects, which I find to be a shame but that's sometimes what happens, sadly.
    I'd guess for most all of the major box office type of stuff, like full on Hollywood productions or either animation or figures as being to depend on primarily those Hollywood productions to becoming box office hits - it isn't what GDT would be to focus on what matters, but it'd be what Universal would be to focus on, what helps or either stops the wheels in their tracks.
    At least as far as Universal would be concerned, and they have the say?

Which the blog (if I'm thinking of the one you'd be thinking of) constantly explained at length: how the future of Animated would depend on the box office movies to becoming flaming hits one by one.

I'd reckon that Universal isn't primarily merely about making movies but the making of box office hits.

Although I personally don't get hung up or mind any such much, not as much as seeing great comics getting made. Which seems to me as being Mike Mignola's thing primarily: he appears to be about making comics. Comics and books.

Which as structurally stipulated won't mean mr Mike'd hate or couldn't be bothered with movies or figures made, hence as yet they have been getting made, lushly at that.

The insisting recurrence of questions on the movies like at panels seems almost somewhat rude or irky a dash - like yelling after Michael Jordan:
    "Okay you shoot some hoops, but how are you at powerboat racing and recanting Shakespeare on a chord over the Niagara Falls while playing mind-chess on 57 boards simultaneously on a whim, huh? Buster?!"

Nothing wrong about liking or representing the crap out of whatever you'd be to like. But mr Mike seems to be about comics most primarily, does he not?
    And doesn't a whole slew of potentially fun movies or computer games or designer pet perfume lines get cut at some point or even at the last minute, even beyond getting marketed or announced with bells and whistles, or either as being to get *blogged about*?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 04-09-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Hi Mike and CBM, it was the Animated Hellboy I was thinking of in relation to the Kickstarter Program. I am sorry you have no control over it. I just heard about the Veronica Mars Movie only wanting 2 million and over 5.7 was pledged [maybe those who do have controlof HB animated will get off their but's ]. Thanks for your time, all the best....