View Poll Results: Who Do You Prefer Superman To Be With?

Voters
446. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Lois Lane

236 52.91%
  • Wonder Woman

210 47.09%
Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Can't they just kill off Lois and maybe Superman comics can start marking a new direction for the character in terms of love stories.

Like Gwen Stacy for Peter Parker.
    In the 70s, Elliot S. Maggin thought to kill Lois but then changed his mind:

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot S. Maggin
    "When I was writing Superman, I had lunch one day with Gerry Conway, who was writing Spiderman at the time. He confided that he was going to kill off Spiderman's girlfriend, Gwen Stacy, because he liked Mary Jane Watson better. I got real jealous that Gerry got to kill off a major character, so I decided to think through an idea of how I could kill off Lois and supplant her with somebody else. But that night, I had a pretty hefty dream about Lois. Let's just say I'd never been attracted to this woman before. So I kept her! And that was probably to my advantage, because she's a terrific character. In every incarnation, she's been the next version of the hard-ass great lady."
    Maybe this time, someone between DiDio, Snyder, Lee, Lobdell or Harras will make a wet dream about WW and decide to eliminate Lois.
    (Poor Lois! Isn't it enough for you that she is dead in almost all Elseworlds stories?)
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    To be fair, Lois dressed up as Wonder Woman was an hallucination, but we have no idea if it has a basis on some fantasy he might have. it could be, but then, it would imply that, somehow, Perry White insulting him and talking about his 3 ex-wifes and his health problems is also one of Clark's fantasy, which seems.......rather unlikely.
    You could be right to some extent. But that boils down to what one thinks subjectively about the scene. I mean I get it was him being messed about with by an external force but his subconscious mind would have the fodder for it. The fact Clark is mooning still...yeah...one can't ignore that. I really don't care. If he wants Lois...fine. Like I said she can have him. No issues there. Lobdell has not made me care for Clark's personal issues nor his wishy washy excuses and self pity to want him stay with Diana so far.

What gets my groat is the fact Lobdell seems already to have rushed this relationship...least on Diana's part, which I find rather unfair to her. It makes no sense for her to just fall for a guy who only kissed her. What the hell is that? Kissing is his super power now now he can make a woman fall for him in a short space of time?lol. rolls eyes. I hope their relationship has not reached the intimate stage yet especially when Clark is being this wimpy and whiny.

Let me ask, do you like Clark mooning eternally over his love interests but not have the spine to make a move? You relate to that? And it is not like he did not have the chance. The worse Lois would have done was say no. If you a well adjusted person...those are the breaks, you win some, you lose some and you move on. This is such a natural normal part of being an adult. Things can change sure but come on...do we need to see him drone on and on about Lois while with Diana? I keep wondering why he went after Diana. Cause his excuse for not going after Lois is he cares too much to put her in danger. I guess he thinks Diana is strong so it wouldn't matter putting her in danger? See I don't get much what this guy's reasons for being with Diana actually. I got a whole page of how great Lois is and in all issues how much he thinks of what she thinks of him and what she is doing etc etc. I did not see him speak to Diana really until those few panels in Superman #19. Fighting h'el...is fighting.

If Diana was written mooning over anyone for five years... Horrors of crying in ice cream over Steve comes to mind...yuck...I saw enough of that crap with her and Batman...chasing him for a date and then her being used as a notch for him to suggest she loved him when he did not give her the time of day. This is starting to feel just like that only this time Supes nails that. But at least Bats had the honesty not to lead her to think he could give her what she wanted. I don't know, this feels like it's not really doing anything for Diana.

The only good thing I see so far is Lobdell writes her well by herself. That at least is something. This triangle approach is simply a back door for DC to swing back to the old status quo.
    Last edited by lariatofhestia; 04-28-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    Maybe this time, someone between DiDio, Snyder, Lee, Lobdell or Harras will make a wet dream about WW and decide to eliminate Lois.
    (Poor Lois! Isn't it enough for you that she is dead in almost all Elseworlds stories?)
    Yikes, can you imagine the outcry? (and yes, I include myself in that comment.)

BANNED

I think we'll get a better idea of the relationship if/when Geoff Johns develops it in Justice League, because it is his story, not Lobdell's.

I know it's really hard for some of the sm/ww fans to stay positive based on the stuff Harras said and I don't like about the fact they seem to be saying Diana is just a plot point for Lois and Clark to get back together and it is actually going to be approached that way. But for those who think Clark seeing Lois in Diana's clothes mean something deep...it's not the first time he's seen women he cares about in Diana's clothes. Hallucination, fantasy, insecurities, torn feelings...not sure what Lobdell wants to say or it could be just flat out poking fun at fandom.

Anyway. It is supposed to be Hector Hammond messing with his mind. This is a psychic attack too.

http://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoma...orted-by#notes

Last edited by hellacre; 04-28-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

Quote Originally Posted by Supergod View Post
    I think we'll get a better idea of the relationship if/when Geoff Johns develops it in Justice League, because it is his story, not Lobdell's.
    Or keeps writing it poorly. Remember, he's against the whole idea.

Then again, he's always been a submissive little fool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. A View Post

So you are saying Lobdell is only writing sm/ww because he is a submissive fool to Geoff Johns ( seeing Geoff is his boss, I assume) but in reality he hates the pairing so will deliberately write it poorly? See I wasn't clear if this is what you implying.

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snark88 View Post
    There's hasn't been an "official" confirmation it's gonna end but come on. If the vibe that the recent issues have been giving off wasn't enough, then the statements made by the writers at the recent panel should. This thing is not lasting long at all.
    What statements? I didn't follow the panels, but a cursory search shows me that Harras "thinks the Superman/Wonder Woman is one of the most interesting developments at DC. ”There’s a lot of intrigue in this relationship.” It opens doors to other storylines." and that "Superman as Clark has unresolved feelings for Lois." None of that is news, and neither of those statements spell imminent doom for the pairing. Did I miss something more explicit?

Quote Originally Posted by lariatofhestia View Post
    I am just miffed right now Lobdell thinks Diana would just be soooo into him creating this illusion of unbalance. Lobdell is even rushing that they lovers giving sexy most handsome man this trophy. It's definitely setting Diana up to look a fool if Clark is still in love with Lois. Imagine that scenario based on what he is writing so far? The boyfriend banging you while thinking of some other woman in your clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by lariatofhestia View Post
    What gets my groat is the fact Lobdell seems already to have rushed this relationship...least on Diana's part, which I find rather unfair to her. It makes no sense for her to just fall for a guy who only kissed her. What the hell is that? Kissing is his super power now now he can make a woman fall for him in a short space of time?lol. rolls eyes. I hope their relationship has not reached the intimate stage yet especially when Clark is being this wimpy and whiny.
    Look, I get being protective about a character, but you're a) assuming things b) oversimplifying them and c) putting Diana on a pedestal. One is Super, the other is a Wonder, but they're still a Man and a Woman, and thus flawed. Personally, I could do without this sort of soap opera in my Superman comics, but it's only an insult to either character if you view them as paragons of virtue beyond any human foible. Which is definitely not how I want Superman to be, nor can I fathom how anyone'd want Wonder Woman to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I've said from the beginning that I would be completely on board with DC exploring Superman and Wonder Woman as a power couple (or any other relationship for Superman for that matter) for the next ten years as part of the journey towards Lois and Clark.
    If that's true, misslane, why add fuel to the fire like you did here:
    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Yeah. Apparently it was booed too.
    "Audience member says he's a big fan of the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman in The New 52. That gets mostly boos from the audience. He asks if it'll last for a while longer, and Wayne was noncommittal."
    I'm confused: are you talking about Lobdell or Johns? Because while one of your insults is safely subjective, I don't think the other two apply to either.

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    So you are saying Lobdell is only writing sm/ww because he is a submissive fool to Geoff Johns ( seeing Geoff is his boss, I assume) but in reality he hates the pairing so will deliberately write it poorly? See I wasn't clear if this is what you implying.
    I think indeed that's what he's implying. Or making up, to be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    If that's true, misslane, why add fuel to the fire like you did here.
    The report of what happened at the con was already being discussed before I posted the whole quote. And since I don't like when people discuss something without the context, because I always want to know exact details, I provided the whole quote and a link to the source so anyone who wanted to know the whole story wouldn't be left in the dark and could react according to truth rather than rumor. Furthermore, there is no contradiction in being okay with exploring Superman and Wonder Woman temporarily versus being okay with it being established as endgame. The booing was reported to have occurred at the mention of the Superman and Wonder Woman relationship. I would boo it too in the sense that I'm not supportive of it in the long term. I imagine some, if not all, of those booing it either don't like it as it's being written now or simply don't like the idea of it as endgame. Since I fit into the latter group, and am currently displeased with the handling of the relationship much like some SM/WW shippers themselves are, there is no contradiction. I also don't think there was a "fire" to begin with regarding what was said at the con. Someone simply posted a paraphrase of what was said before I composed my post, so my sharing of the whole quote wasn't stoking anything as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by misslane38; 04-28-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    I was reffering to Johns as the submissive fool

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    What statements? I didn't follow the panels, but a cursory search shows me that Harras "thinks the Superman/Wonder Woman is one of the most interesting developments at DC. ”There’s a lot of intrigue in this relationship.” It opens doors to other storylines." and that "Superman as Clark has unresolved feelings for Lois." None of that is news, and neither of those statements spell imminent doom for the pairing. Did I miss something more explicit?
    http://www.scribblelive.com/Event/Si...ostId=74859370

I was reffering to Johns as the submissive fool
    Ah, Johns is a submissive fool who hates the pairing so he will deliberately write it poorly? Or is it Johns is just a submissive fool alone while Lobdell will write it poorly?

To be fair...if DC wants your money they not going to tell you much. Boos in a room. That means zero in a Con when Cons tend to have people screeching Wally West or Stephanie Brown etc etc since the new 52 started. One swears DC's livelihood was dependent on them alone and we know that is rubbish. Harras came back and spoke about the Clark still having feelings for Lois...that says to me we will be seeing that played out in Superman books which is what Lobdell is doing. People may like it or not as we have seen. In JL it seems highly unlikely we'll be seeing any double binds from Clark so people can pick and choose their title I'd say. Not everyone who likes the relationship will follow all the books. The SM books have really had nothing with Diana/Clark until #19. The beloved thing was kind of a strange moment seeing the pair barely have had anything explored under Lobdell to rush to that. WW will have zero Clark. Azz seems to like the Orion dynamic more. I think wanting consistency and development though is a fair enough demand. As it is we have had not that much so it is very tough to say whether it will end or they will try to develop it. Not showing a romance but claiming it is one and then ending it in a few months would be DC royally showing they can't write worth crap but they can do stunts. We have to wait and see I guess. I know many people will be buying Trinity War as opposed to Superman. It has nothing to do with Lobdell's writing per say since that was the case before. JL is a title that more people buy. Geoff might indeed be the man to decide this.
    Last edited by thepenguin; 04-28-2013 at 08:58 PM.

He's Always Right Ismail's Light's Avatar

This thread has solidified my opinion.

Superman should be asexual. Or gay.

Actually, probably not gay. Then, instead of Team Lois Lane vs. Team Wonder Woman, we would have Team Batman vs. Team Lex Luthor.