Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    It was just shorthand, really. The real clones from the project in the Kirby Jimmy Olsen stories were multiple clones of Jimmy, DNAliens like Dubbilex, the Jim Harper Guardian clone and the mini Scrapper troopers who were 6 inch tall clones of Scrapper from the Newsboy Legion. They had Superman's DNA as well, but kept it in in space under heavy security and they obviously couldn't clone him. Lex did make a clone of Superman in Action Comics #500, however. But that's Bronze Age Lex, the same guy who proved the existence of Heaven, Hell and God with a pen and a notepad using mathematics.
    It wasn't all shorthand. If you remember all the Pre-Crisis DNA Project/Cadmus stories, their creations from the "Normals" to the "Step-Ups" to the "Aliens" were all based on taking human DNA, cloning, and manipulating it into whatever the project wanted. Before the origin was screwed up and retconned, Post-Crisis Superboy was a clone just like the Olsen clones/Newsboys/other human clones and also manipulated into an alien form just like the DNAliens.....a clone in all sense of the word.

As far as Superman being cloned, Pre-Crisis Cadmus did crack Superman's DNA like they did with Olsen and could be cloned. In Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #136, Superman said that it was his cell tissue that was first grown there when they broke and deciphered his genetic code. That's why it made perfect sense for the Post-Crisis Cadmus to be the ones to create the Post-Crisis Superboy. There was a lot of Kirby in Superboy's origins and it's funny how many tributes to Pre-Crisis Kirby were in Superboy even before his series started (Auron being a tribute to Arin the armored man, etc.). NOWHERE isn't even close (and they screwed up Project Cadmus so many times....from "Cadmus Labs" to not even being close to what they were before).

The Evil Factory with Symian and Mokkari also cloned Superman Pre-Crisis (Jimmy Olsen #135) and Post Crisis (created a flawed clone made from Kryptonite affected cells). Post Crisis Lex couldn't even clone anyone let alone himself without help from two top scientists doing the work (Teng and Donovan).
    Last edited by C-Dot; 04-11-2013 at 06:41 AM.

I like the illegitimate son aspect, but why on Earth would Lois ever be involved with something like this?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Isn't Susie a step-niece, according to Action Comics #10? I don't think she's biologically related to Lois.
    Now I understand why Lobdell hates you lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Now I understand why Lobdell hates you lol
    What does this have to do with Lobdell? Choosing Lois because she might have some of the same Neo-Sapien DNA as her niece Susie was just speculation, so pointing out she's not biologically related to Lois is not a criticism of Lobdell. We don't know that's the story he has planned or it was his idea. And if Lobdell hates fans who are aware of continuity, then that's really sad and pathetic of him.
    Last edited by misslane38; 04-09-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

Hmm, I kind of liked the idea of Kon being the "love child" of Clark and Lex, but this is interesting. I just have to wonder "Why Lois?"
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Hmm, I kind of liked the idea of Kon being the "love child" of Clark and Lex, but this is interesting. I just have to wonder "Why Lois?"

I'm curious about "Why Lois?" as well, but I also honestly believe it's not what it seems.
    "I love that she’s human. You need that juxtaposed to the perfection of Superman. [Lois] has this absolute loyalty for what is good and just, and it parallels what Superman is." – Erica Durance

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Maybe General Lane was involved, and used the rationale if we're going to create our own Superman it should be a Lane

All is not what it seems with this cover.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I like the illegitimate son aspect, but why on Earth would Lois ever be involved with something like this?
    Yeah I don't see how any justification could be made for Lois being involved in such a thing.

Maybe General Lane was involved, and used the rationale if we're going to create our own Superman it should be a Lane
    General Lane might be a thorn in Superman's side, but he wouldn't do something like that. He'd want to keep his daughter out of harm's way, not use her DNA to create a weapon.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Can anyone shed some light on how this syncs up with the current LEGION OF SUPERHEROES book? I'm a Legion fan, but I haven't been reading any of the current stuff.

Best. GIF. EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Best. GIF. EVER.
    Agreed. You sir, have good taste.

I really wanted to read this but for some reason it won't appear on comixology :( guess ill have to read the spoilers then.
    Books im reading: Black Widow, Loki Agent of Asgard, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Red Hood, JLD, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Batman, Worlds Finest...

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catburgler_2100 View Post
    I really wanted to read this but for some reason it won't appear on comixology :( guess ill have to read the spoilers then.
    Superboy #19 was out early this morning,i bought it on there,before i went and bought it at the shop a lil later.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent