Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    But the context is different. The Godfather focuses on the Corleones in a world where pretty much everyone is corrupt. It would be a different take entirely if it began as the tale of an incorruptible cop trying to bring them all down and then branched into their story.

I don't know. Maybe there are some 'fun' villains who aren't psycho killers who could carry a series. People like heist stories.
    There is some talk about Supercrooks becoming a movie. I am really curious.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I think a Steppenwolf series would be very, very interesting. As the uncle of Darkseid, he is extremely old and so the series can show different moments of his life such as: his childhood/youth, his famous battles, his love-interests. As an ancient god-like being, perhaps Steppenwolf is worshiped in some places of the universe, where he may also go by several other names. Has he ever had a love interest? Does he have any children? These are things that the series could focus on as well.
    They're doing a Steppenwulf series at DC now, aren't they? Or something where's he's one the main characters: Earth Two, which from the sound of it I assume is in some kind of alternate universe or whatever. I've seen a few previews, not enough to have any idea whether it's worth reading or not. Apparently Mister Miracle and Barda are supposed to be in it too.

Come to think of it, wasn't Steppenwulf assassinated (poisoned?) by order of Darkseid in one of Kirby's Fourth World stories? Not that that would stop anyone from bringing him back, of course.

edit: actually, I think I'm confusing Steppenwulf with Heggra, whom I believe he had poisoned to make way for his accession to power. But maybe he got rid of Steppenwulf for the same reasons, I can't recall right now.

edit2: had t take a quick look at New Gods #7 to refresh my memory: Steppenwolf was killed in battle by Izaya, and it is implied that his death was anticipated by Darkseid and part of his planned rise to power. No idea when, where, or how he was restored to life.
    Last edited by berk; 05-14-2013 at 04:49 PM.

I'd shell out for a Quentin Quire ongoing.

This, handled right could be awesome.

I am what I am and that's all what I am

I am looking forward to the superior foes of Spider-Man series. It could be fun.

Crossbones

Super Villain Team-Up!

CSA!

Society of Super Villains!

Flash Rogues or Sinister Six! with a somewhat rotating cast - just give the team a mission and have them mix things up with someone besides their arches.

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    The Crime Syndicate of Amerika - Killer series about the CSA fighting the entire world they've conquered to remain on top and in control.
    I would love to read that especially the Earth 3 version. Surprised they haven't had their own mini series before. I always wondered if the JLA Earth 2 graphic novel was any good but haven't gotten around to reading it.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Morrison / Quitely. How do you go wrong with that ?

It's worth it.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

I would be very interested in a Sinister Six/Deadly Foes of Spider Man book from their perspective.

The Six are very much professional crooks/heisters like Robert DiNiro's crew in Heat.

They are working class bad guys, they don't want world domination, they don't even want revenge, they just want to get PAID.

There is a whole subculture to explore with these guys.

They hang out at villain bars, they use tech villain like the Tinkerer to build/repair thier tech.
    And they are all waiting on that one big score or to get called up to the big leagues by a crime lord like the Kingpin.

Was Joker's Last Laugh any good?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwolfdog View Post
    Crossbones
    I have to say I would be interested in a Crossbones/Red Skull book.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Was Joker's Last Laugh any good?
    It's okay. He thinks he's dying with a brain tumour and breaks out of prison with a bunch of others and turns them into Jokers with his patented drug (think of a whole bunch of villains turned into Laughing Fish). The art is kind of mediocre at times but the covers were good.

If you really want a Batman comic that makes you think you are smoking pot and taking LSD at the same time, try Batman Odyssey
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Doom, Thanos, Magneto, and Luthor.
    Do I have to go all Quak-Fu with you monkeys just to get paid?!

The whole point of the doomsday machine...is lost, if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the World, eh?