Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by spidarwin View Post
    First?

Did someone fact-check this?

I found four previous US television series...
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Night Man
    Blade: the Series

Don't go with "first one as a tie-in to the current cinematic universe" - that's not what they said there.
    Actually, it is more fundamental than that. Various Marvel properties have been adapted to Television in the past, but never before has Marvel Studios produced a TV series directly. So the more accurate statement would have been to say "... comes Marvel Studios first Live-Action TV Series". But most people don't remember any of those old series, aside from the Incredible Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    The new title is dumb. S.H.I.E.L.D to the non fan is already a mouthful as is.Let's just get the show up and running and stop doing stupid tweaks.How much you want to bet that Richards is Nick Fury Jr.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    So, people have difficulty to say 6 letters or more?
    Saying six letters everytime to reference the show is cumbersome but I'm pretty sure the showrunners and the general public would simply say "shield".

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    I doubt very much that the FX Shield is even on anybodies radar anymore.Watching the first few minutes would hopefully convince them that it was a different show.
    Marvel seems to be pretty protective of their brand. I noticed that a lot of sources say the Avengers movie official title is "Marvel's The Avengers". I'm guessing they don't want it confused with the old British spy tv series.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Saying six letters everytime to reference the show is cumbersome but I'm pretty sure the showrunners and the general public would simply say "shield".

Marvel seems to be pretty protective of their brand. I noticed that a lot of sources say the Avengers movie official title is "Marvel's The Avengers". I'm guessing they don't want it confused with the old British spy tv series.
    Anyone that talks about this series and says "Marvel's Agent's of S H I E L D" should be slapped. Coulson said it best in Iron Man, "Just call us Shield."

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    People keep talking about Gunn from Angel and how he doesn't belong here, so my question is..who is he even playing? Was he given a major role? A minor one? Is he even confirmed to be appearing in anything other then the pilot?
    normal fandom latent racism
    Support your local roller derby league

Better title suggestion:

I have no problem with Gunn, though I will say I didn't think he was very good on whichever Law & Order he was on.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

It's been a while since I've seen Angel but I don't remember Gunn being bad on the show. IIRC I liked him. What's with the hate for the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    It's been a while since I've seen Angel but I don't remember Gunn being bad on the show. IIRC I liked him. What's with the hate for the guy?
    I wouldn't say hate, but just saying he's not a good enough actor to be on the show. Which is fine as I don't see him as particularly good or bad, but..we don't even know what his part is. If the dude is showing up for a few minutes in the pilot and will never be seen again that isn't really him doing a part he isn't good enough for.

How major a role can he be playing if I can't even find out who he is playing? Unless they want to keep it under wraps for some reason, but why?
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-10-2013 at 06:13 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I wouldn't say hate, but just saying he's not a good enough actor to be on the show. Which is fine as I don't see him as particularly good or bad, but..we don't even know what his part is. If the dude is showing up for a few minutes in the pilot and will never be seen again that isn't really him doing a part he isn't good enough for.

How major a role can he be playing if I can't even find out who he is playing? Unless they want to keep it under wraps for some reason, but why?
    From what I understand Marvel has been secretive about who he is playing and not just not listing it, which has some people take to mean his character is important to 616 or the ult universe. guesses have been Marcus Johnson aka Nick fury jr.

and by what standard are you measuring by? has anyone seen any footage yet?
    Support your local roller derby league

Certainly you aren't asking for people here to reserve judgement on something until they have solid information/footage to review? That would be... logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and by what standard are you measuring by? has anyone seen any footage yet?
    I would assume they are judging his previous works in terms of acting skill. Like I said, I found him neither skilled nor unskilled. I haven't seen him in anything since Angel so I suppose there could of been more recent projects since then that show he improved.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-11-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.