Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to improve Comixology?

What would you do to make comixology better?
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Make the comics downloadable!

1). Get access to all variant covers (I know they get some).
    2). More sales.
    3). Work out this problem with DC on the Kindle.
    4). Allow custom organization and grouping of owned comics.
    5). Allow click at the end to the next comic in series (I use Kindle and DC comics won't do.)
    6). Better store organization.

one thing ive been desperare for! subscriptions! and not only that, to allow somebody to buy a third party a subscription to a title for twelve months etc

I'd like an app for my nook.

I like most of the ideas placed above. The ability to download would be cool -- the biggest fear for a lot of people is the idea of losing your purchases. I also really like the idea of a subscription. It seems like the Big 2 could offer something like that -- pay for 12 issues upfront at a reduced rate, have them automatically added as they come out, if for some reason the book is cancelled before the 12 issues are fulfilled, maybe you get a "credit" to download something else.

I'd like the ability to link books/story arcs/crossovers, so that it might be easier to move throughout an event.

I'm exclusively digital, and I've generally been pleased with Comixology. I think it's made a lot of strides even in the short time I've been on, but I hope they are always looking at ways to improve their product.

Allow laptop users to view one page at a time. I read 99% of my comics on my laptop but it always gives you two pages at once. I imagine it wouldn't be too much trouble to at least provide the option to view one page at a time unless there is a double page splash.

Quote Originally Posted by galactica View Post
    Allow laptop users to view one page at a time. I read 99% of my comics on my laptop but it always gives you two pages at once. I imagine it wouldn't be too much trouble to at least provide the option to view one page at a time unless there is a double page splash.
    Came in here to say just this.

I don't like the panel-by-panel view, but two pages at once is also inconvenient most of the time. The should allow you to load one large page at a time and just scroll down. Reading would be so much easier. And you could toggle for double-page spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLawyer View Post
    4). Allow custom organization and grouping of owned comics.
    yes. i'm surprised it has taken this long.

an OSX app. They've got one on windows 8 apparently, and with the increasing similarity between how things are handled on iOS and OSX, it shouldn't be that hard, it would seem.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

They have to come up with a way where the reader doesn't have to be online to read the comics. That is a serious hindrance to further growth, in my opinion.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    They have to come up with a way where the reader doesn't have to be online to read the comics. That is a serious hindrance to further growth, in my opinion.
    From an app perspective (may not apply if the only way you can view is through their website), I don't think you have to be online, but you do have to "download" (not the same kind of downloading as we are referencing above I believe) to your device. It's not ideal, and if you don't have it downloaded, I don't believe you could view it if your wifi or other connection is down.

1. Get rid of DRM and allow cbr downloads. This is imperative and until this happens, I am not giving comixology any money. There is simply no reason to trust them not to fold or pull some crap like other similar sites did in the past.

2. Stop with the exclusive contracts for devices. They need to have everything available in one store. Singles, trades, everything. This is a complaint more aimed at publishers rather than comixology though.
    All-time Favs: Ultimate Marvel, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets, Ex Machina, Grant Morrison, Saga...

More than anything, I'd like a Netflix-style service which allows you to access a slowly semi-rotating pool of comics in return for a monthly fee.

The ability to simply stream the comics. It can become quite a GB hog.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies