Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Stormwatch, #19

Jim Starlin and Yvel Guichet perform a reboot in "Stormwatch" #19, and if it sticks, consider myself intrigued with the blatant nature of its action as well as the direction the book is headed.

Full review here.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

I truly loved this book way more than I thought I would, and I was liking Milligan's run.

This is much, much better IMO.

Way to go, Jim Starlin! You're the one who made me love Captain Mar-Vell above all others back in the day, and now you're working your magic with Stormwatch.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

I don't like it. I am annoyed that they decided to chuck everything out and replace it with a new version of Aberrant Six. I think it was also because I read in the same week All Star Western, which stars the dead Adam One. One hand in DC doesn't know what the other hand is doing. It hasn't been that long since 52 started and continuity is already broken.

Still, I'll give it a few issue, since Starlin is likely to jettison the elements that I didn't like, such as bickering Midnighter/Apollo.

Paul

It was definitely more cohesive than the book has been since the relaunch.

At this point I hope it's good enough to stave off the cancelation monster. Some later writer (perhaps Starlin himself) can bring back Adam One if he wants to.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Siu View Post
    I don't like it. I am annoyed that they decided to chuck everything out and replace it with a new version of Aberrant Six. I think it was also because I read in the same week All Star Western, which stars the dead Adam One. One hand in DC doesn't know what the other hand is doing. It hasn't been that long since 52 started and continuity is already broken.

Still, I'll give it a few issue, since Starlin is likely to jettison the elements that I didn't like, such as bickering Midnighter/Apollo.

Paul
    I think on a continuity level, this book is a big headache as it just wipes away so much and they were shoving Stormwatch into a lot of titles. Grifter, I, Vampire, Superman, All-Star Western etc etc. So, there is that problem... having said that, Starlin seems to be on a better direction then the previous ones except its clear that he wants to do more of a cosmic book instead of an Earth-based one. Had this been #1 from start I think we might have had less problems with it as quite a few issues due to the previous run.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

This book is not typically my thing but the preview of the new world building looked cool so I got it. It was a pretty interesting story. I will probably try if for a few months to see if it is as interesting as the first one is.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

I enjoyed a lot of the previous issues, but I didn't like this one. The characters I've been following are gone, I'm out.
    Comic bletherings by me at: http://dangermart.blogspot.com/

I enjoyed it more than the previous runs, but sadly, it's probably going to get canceled. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I had hopes from Starlin's interviews about his plans for revamping this book but he really threw out the baby with the bath water with erasing everything in one fell swoop; as I mentioned before the continuity problems created are just too much.

I really wanted to keep supporting my favorite former Wildstorm team as I have been doing since the relaunch but this is just too much - Im out.

Oh and one last thing; dear DC: it sucks that you don't credit Warren Ellis anywhere for the characters you have been using here while crediting a certain exec of yours for creating just the title of the book.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor