Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Valjean999 View Post
    Started falling apart when Millar left, but at least Spider-Man was good. Then Bendis killed off Peter. Might as well have cancelled all the titles after that...
    Quote Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
    This is SOOOO wrong.

The current version of Ultiamte Spider-Man is better than it ever has been... and it was really good before!

Too bad none of the rest of the Ultimate Universe line are any good.

It used to be that there was one great book (USM), one decent book (Ultimates), one okay book (UFF) and a bunch of crap.

Now there is one absolutely amazing book (USM) and a bunch of crap.

I expect that as soon as they figure out a way to have Miles go over to the regular line without any loss of quality, the rest of the line will be cancelled.
    Subjectivity at full force lol.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 05-15-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: I get objective and subjective mixed up.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Objectivity at full force lol.
    Haha I know right? One guy's saying USM sucks simply because he's in love with Peter, and the other's saying UXM sucks because... ??
    Buffy: Season 10~Angel & Faith Vol. 2~Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
    Ultimate: Spider-man~FF~All-New Ultimates
    Forever Evil~Batman~Green Arrow
    Hawkeye~Uncanny X-Men

There is no such thing as objectivity when it comes to enjoying something.

I mean, there are people that actually like Rob Leifeld's work. There is no accounting for (bad) taste.

I mean, there are people that actually like Rob Leifeld's work. There is no accounting for (bad) taste.
    That's what objectivity means. Somebody hates column A) while somebody else loves it. It's objective. Or maybe that's subjectivity, I get the two confused.

Edit: Nevermind, that's subjectivity I looked it up. Gonna go edit.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 05-15-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Ha! I thought you were trying to be insulting, when I actually agree with you! :)

I agree to an extent. Sure, everyone has their different opinion but I think it's a good idea for everyone to separate favorites from the best. For example I actually enjoy Humphries' Ultimates but I'm not gonna go around saying that The Ultimates is amazing right now... because it isn't.

It used to be that there was one great book (USM), one decent book (Ultimates), one okay book (UFF) and a bunch of crap.

Now there is one absolutely amazing book (USM) and a bunch of crap.
    t'd be ok if you said something like "I don't like UXM," but you said "UXM is a bunch of crap." The first statement is subjective, the other is objective.. and false. Hence the issue we're discussing..
    Buffy: Season 10~Angel & Faith Vol. 2~Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
    Ultimate: Spider-man~FF~All-New Ultimates
    Forever Evil~Batman~Green Arrow
    Hawkeye~Uncanny X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    In your opinion, what has contributed for UU going from a best selling line to it's current state?
    Main marvel deciding to adapt the aspects into their universe. Black Nick Fury, Peter Parker that was once again single, etc.

Not to mention that Ultimate X-Men and Fantastic Four suffered from rotating writers and The Ultimates had massive delay issues.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

What i dont get...comic book reader always want change, something significant happening, then they killed Peter and Miles Morales came. So, Bendis wasnt afraid of a big change, and everyone is complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicx1977 View Post
    What i dont get...comic book reader always want change, something significant happening, then they killed Peter and Miles Morales came. So, Bendis wasnt afraid of a big change, and everyone is complaining.
    No one ever says to kill the star character of the book for the sake of change. In fact, I could hardly call it change anymore. It's what writers do when they feel the character has run his course. There are better ways to have the character move on or do more. And writers seem to think the same as you do. You guys want change? We'll give you change! When that is not the change we want.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    No one ever says to kill the star character of the book for the sake of change. In fact, I could hardly call it change anymore. It's what writers do when they feel the character has run his course. There are better ways to have the character move on or do more. And writers seem to think the same as you do. You guys want change? We'll give you change! When that is not the change we want.
    So then...

We want change! Not that change different change! Yeah! Ugh.