Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I dont think there is really any pressing need for the UU anymore. Its original mandate is gone and sales are dipping steadily. Honestly if Marvel was gonna reboot anything at this point it would have to be line-wide like DC did.

Not that I dont love the UU, but sooner or later itll be cut down to just USM and occasional other minis for X and A, heck its half there already. I think a real push should be made to make USM a stand alone high profile title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    I dont think there is really any pressing need for the UU anymore. Its original mandate is gone and sales are dipping steadily. Honestly if Marvel was gonna reboot anything at this point it would have to be line-wide like DC did.

Not that I dont love the UU, but sooner or later itll be cut down to just USM and occasional other minis for X and A, heck its half there already. I think a real push should be made to make USM a stand alone high profile title.
    But, why not send Miles to the 616 and just shut UU down when it comes to the point of having one universe for one single character?
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

same characters different way of telling story..need new characters and different stories...they are just sensationalizing the ultimate universe ...there is no difference between 616 and uu.... mutants are dying in both ...x men are not getting any support both inside and outside...there is no ff or hulk....hulk should actually be the badass in uu but he is just weak here... the ultimates stories just feel like dark reign without Norman osborne ...no asgard ..the new spidey is also similar to old one ...why is miles going through same problems like Peter? his uncle is dead...but no latino black aunt may? oh he is also thinking of quitting just like Peter not to mention he is a nerd too ...he is also a lame joker.....Don see y peter had to die to make the new spidey do same things

I can't really agree with that. Ultimates has gone downhill, but UXM is really inventive and unique. Granted, it's not as popular as it was in its heyday (and I miss the old characters a lot), but that is a good, quality comic. It stands out among all the X-titles in my opinion. While I do feel that the 616 is a the place for Marvel to keep it's classic characters and I'm glad that I'll always have those characters to read in the 616, I really like that the Ultimate Universe has made huge status quo changes and really done interesting and daring things with the characters. I can hardly blame something or support it's cancellation for actually changing things and going against the norm. I hated losing those characters as much as everyone else, but damn, Ultimate X-Men is a good comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    The UU came to greatness because it was an appealing new version of the SAME characters from 616. Loeb, then, came in with this idea to kill a whole bunch of the UU's heroes. And it butchered the line. The UU no longer became an alternative to 616. It became the "place you can tell stories you can't tell in 616."

Thus followed the Death of Spider-Man, that murdered the most prominent character in the UU. With the promise he was staying dead, it drove Peter fans away. I almost was but I decided to keep picking up Miles in trade like I did with Peter. (New issues are fairly easy to keep up with.)

Now, the UU has become the replacement universe. And there are a sizable few willing to actually read about a universe full of legacy characters. I'll read it but only for the hope of it getting to a good place again.
    This.
    From a personal point of view the X Men cast reads like High School Musical without the music. They kill off the 'older' characters like Xavier and Wolverine and replace them with yet more teens. Young characters are fine but although Wood is a great writer but UXM reads like 'Kitty Pryde and her Amazing Friends.' They butcher the FF, and replace Peter Parker in a move that's purely political correctness perhaps to balance the Republican Dream that was once the Ultimates. And it doesn't help that just about every Ultimate U comic nowadays is about SHIELD and their allies - something the 616 U is currently doing with the Avengers.
    Ultimatum was the beginning of the end for the Ultimate U - they boast that they keep the 'dead is dead' mentality but frankly it's ruined the whole line.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    This.
    From a personal point of view the X Men cast reads like High School Musical without the music. They kill off the 'older' characters like Xavier and Wolverine and replace them with yet more teens. Young characters are fine but although Wood is a great writer but UXM reads like 'Kitty Pryde and her Amazing Friends.' They butcher the FF, and replace Peter Parker in a move that's purely political correctness perhaps to balance the Republican Dream that was once the Ultimates. And it doesn't help that just about every Ultimate U comic nowadays is about SHIELD and their allies - something the 616 U is currently doing with the Avengers.
    Ultimatum was the beginning of the end for the Ultimate U - they boast that they keep the 'dead is dead' mentality but frankly it's ruined the whole line.
    Ultimate Comics: X-Men is probably the most "adult" comic in the Ultimate line right now, and you can see almost no trace of S.H.I.E.L.D. in it.
    Ultimate Spider-Man is the usual teenage power-fantasy (nothing new there).
    The FF are appearing in Ultimates.
    I agree that Ultimates vol. 4 is terrible, as it has been since the beginning.

A bunch of great and important characters were killed off without the proper care given to the legacy characters first, so that they could step up and take their place.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Deluge View Post
    A bunch of great and important characters were killed off without the proper care given to the legacy characters first, so that they could step up and take their place.
    You're referring to Jimmy Hudson, I assume..? He did get a whole mini focusing on him. Agreed that the "killing off" in itself was quite unceremonious.

Id kinda like to see Miles as a part of a Spider-family line of comics. Miles, spider-girl, Sman2099(hispanic) like how Superman has his family of titles around him. Only problem is theyre all in alternate realities XD

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Id kinda like to see Miles as a part of a Spider-family line of comics. Miles, spider-girl, Sman2099(hispanic) like how Superman has his family of titles around him. Only problem is theyre all in alternate realities XD
    Well Miguel and Mayday are just possible futures so they could pop in any time (in fact Miguel's supposed to be showing up soon). Miles it's a bit harder for since it involves travel to another universe.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well Miguel and Mayday are just possible futures so they could pop in any time (in fact Miguel's supposed to be showing up soon). Miles it's a bit harder for since it involves travel to another universe.
    But that universe travel has already been done.

I'd like to have him come over. Miguel only in passing and May not at all.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    But, why not send Miles to the 616 and just shut UU down when it comes to the point of having one universe for one single character?
    I don't know why this keeps being brought up. Miles isn't anywhere near the UU's best character. Nor is UCSM the best book of the line. Both the character and the series have some serious problems.

Let's see, we have Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Ben Grimm, Ultimate Spider-Woman, Captain Mahr-Vehl, Ultimate War Machine.. I don't see what makes Miles Morales better than all these fantastic Ultimate counterparts. And yet you seem to think only Miles is worthy of 616? Well I couldn't disagree more.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    This.
    Wait. It's politically correct to not be Caucasian? So does that make me politically incorrect? Kind of says it all about the false philosophies of politics, doesn't it? :)
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-06-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I don't know why this keeps being brought up. Miles isn't anywhere near the UU's best character. Nor is UCSM the best book of the line. Both the character and the series have some serious problems.

Let's see, we have Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Ben Grimm, Ultimate Spider-Woman, Captain Mahr-Vehl, Ultimate War Machine.. I don't see what makes Miles Morales better than all these fantastic Ultimate counterparts. And yet you seem to think only Miles is worthy of 616? Well I couldn't disagree more.

Wait. It's politically correct to not be Caucasian? So does that make me politically incorrect? Kind of says it all about the false philosophies of politics, doesn't it? :)
    It isn't exactly about being better. It's a character that is loved by many and doesn't necessarily overlap with any 616 character. He could easily move into the 616 as a secondary spider. much like kaine is. That said, I'd love to see cap mar-vhel go as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    It isn't exactly about being better. It's a character that is loved by many and doesn't necessarily overlap with any 616 character. He could easily move into the 616 as a secondary spider. much like kaine is. That said, I'd love to see cap mar-vhel go as well
    I see. I was imagining the two universes merging together whilst trying to figure out which counterparts would go and who would stick around, seeing as many fans who don't really like the UU anymore in general still prefer Ultimate Thor over 616 Thor and Ultimate Hulk over 616 Hulk.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-06-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I see. I was imagining the two universes merging together whilst trying to figure out which counterparts would go and who would stick around, seeing as many fans who don't really like the UU anymore in general still prefer Ultimate Thor over 616 Thor and Ultimate Hulk over 616 Hulk.
    Yeah, ideally I'd go for a total merge, but that really isn't practical, so at least save some unique characters and some elements (update villains, origins, etc)