Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Stark Challenges The Mandarin In New "Iron Man 3" Clip

In the first full clip from "Iron Man 3," Tony Stark challenges The Mandarin during a "holiday greeting," intending for a one-on-one battle for good, old-fashioned revenge while speaking with assembled reporters.

Full article here.

This is looking really good. Hopefully my hopes aren't too high.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

BANNED

SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!

damn something bad went down, someone dies, ether Rhodey or Maya Hansen most likely

Elder Member

So I'm assuming that was before the Mandarin vaporized Stark's house with attack choppers and missile launchers.

I would also assume that... but now I'm wondering why Stark would be so angry to begin with. What did that poor Mandarin do? Part of me hopes this is Tony just being an arrogant jerky-jerk early on in the movie so we get to see that his character arc is still in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by doomworm View Post
    I would also assume that... but now I'm wondering why Stark would be so angry to begin with. What did that poor Mandarin do? Part of me hopes this is Tony just being an arrogant jerky-jerk early on in the movie so we get to see that his character arc is still in progress.
    As long as it sets itself apart from how that has been done in previous movies.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

What a fucking asshole. I know this sounds stupid, but that guy was just doing his job and he just threw his phone away. I assume this takes place before The Mandarin bombs Stark's house.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by doomworm View Post
    I would also assume that... but now I'm wondering why Stark would be so angry to begin with.
    That's what prompted the question. I'm guessing that Stark's rant was prompted by the attack on Air Force One that we saw in one of the trailers, that resulted in Iron Man trying to rescue falling passengers by plucking them out of mid-air. Presumably some people (possibly the president?) died and Stark is feeling guilty for not saving everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by fearitself18 View Post
    What a fucking asshole. I know this sounds stupid, but that guy was just doing his job and he just threw his phone away. I assume this takes place before The Mandarin bombs Stark's house.
    Not knowing the early part of the exchange, maybe the guy is a Mandarin sympathizer, or even one of the Mandarins men. You just don't know what prompted Tony to smash his phone like that. I'd reserve and "asshole" calling until we know the full story.

Iron Man 3 looks like marvel is truly going to step it up with each consecutive movie. Hopefully. They just need to be careful with over saturating us with new clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!

damn something bad went down, someone dies, ether Rhodey or Maya Hansen most likely
    I think Happy dies

Quote Originally Posted by gt500x View Post
    I think Happy dies
    I'm thinking the same thing.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Since Jon Favreau plays Happy and he's been involved in every Iron Man movie so far, this increases my suspicion that there won't be any more Iron Man films, and that Avengers 2 might be the last time we see RDJ as Tony Stark.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by gt500x View Post
    Since Jon Favreau plays Happy and he's been involved in every Iron Man movie so far, this increases my suspicion that there won't be any more Iron Man films, and that Avengers 2 might be the last time we see RDJ as Tony Stark.
    I really can't see any reason why Happy's death would have any bearing on the end of the IM franchise. He's been a rather minor supporting character to this point and Favreau's withdrawal as director made the character's eventual departure pretty predictable. He likely only agreed to come back in the role under another director out of respect for the relationships he developed with the other principles on the film and at Marvel, and if he does die it'll likely be because giving the character a dignified sendoff was part of what drew him back. The franchise can certainly survive without him (or Favreau as director).

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last go round for Downey as he moves to other projects, but I also don't think that him leaving would necessarily be the end of the franchise either.

BANNED

3 movies was a fun ride but i don't have a problem with moving on to other superheroes.