Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Action Comics, #19

Andy Diggle and Tony S. Daniel jump onboard "Action Comics" #19 and make a nice debut, except Diggle also unfortunately makes this both his first and last issue of "Action Comics."

Full review here.

'While Daniel does some nice work with Superman himself, one of the strongest pieces is a nice homage to the 1939 first issue cover of "Superman.'

Good spot, I missed that.

I thought this issue was tremendous!
    Comic bletherings by me at: http://dangermart.blogspot.com/

Totally agree with you, after Morrison's torturous run (torturous because I didn't read it and it went far too long) this was very refereshing. Tyler Kirkham is a very poor replacement and whatever is going on behind the scenes at DC is being shown in the Superman books again.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

I liked this issue a lot. It's a really shame that whatever is going on behind the scenes at DC had to effect Diggle as I think he would have given us one of the better Superman runs in many years.

With all the critic like above or anyone else who thinks they know comics there is no greater review then me enjoying a issue of Superman especially in the NEW 52 world. So my hats off to you Mr Diggle and may you find much success wherever your journey takes you. It is a shame that DC behind the scene politics and power struggles had to affect us the Superman fan once again.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 04-25-2013 at 06:55 AM.
    Originally Posted by Francisco
    In a few years no one other that some aging fanboys like you would remember anything about the Donner film.

Welcome to The Lexrules Hall of Shame...

I really enjoyed the issue and would have liked to have seen where Diggle was going with it. For the first time since the new52 started I'm beginning to enjoy the new superman run. It's a shame Diggle's gone. I just hope a good, long term replacement is found. As for kirkham, personally I've enjoyed what overseen of his take on superman so if he replaces Daniels I would be fine with that. If Daniels stays on (has it been confirmed he's definitely not returning after the Lodbell run?) then that too would be fine with me, I'm sure DC will be glad to know.
    Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear -until my dream of a world where dignity, honour and justice becomes the reality we all share-I'll never stop fighting. Ever

I think the story could have been better if they concentrated a little more on Lois i wanted to read more about her in this issue.

The art was a bit too cluttered and hard to read in a lot of areas mostly the action.

Does Superman not know he needs to return to Lois as Clark or shes gonna wonder where he went? especially since they were on assignment together.

Not gonna lie, I hated this issue.

Those Mechs did not look like something a human had created they look too alien.