Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    Did you read the whole thing to the end?
    I also remember it ending with Romulus telling him that it was all his idea and he helped set up the facilities. I hate to even think about it though as the whole story was garbage and with Romulus who knows if he's telling the truth.

never stop growing

I like Wolverine and I personally think it actually fits that he would found a new school and that he doesn't want the children to fight and also wants them to be ready to do so anyhow. It's part of his character development, he was more of an unstable loner before, but the more he learned to control himself and the more he trusted himself to be around others, the more of a team player he became. Having surrogate children who actually need him on more than one level is a great motivator to be more than just a warrior, to be a teacher and a mentor and, ultimately, a hero.
    (I think Wolvie trained and taught people in the more practical things even back in Clairmont's days, but I'm not certain, can someone with x-men issues from back then confirm that please?)

That he would be on more than one team makes sense and is even feasible to a certain degree. By all means he is very dedicated and ridiculously enduring, like an energizer bunny with an arc-reactor and adamantium claws. So, him not being around a lot of the time is actually an acknowledgement of his initiative, or simply put, if he is not in your book right now, he is stabbing the **** out of whatever endangers people anywhere either alone or with another team. (though the shear amount of books featuring him as a main character is ludicrous) And he also wants the future generations to be ready to defend themselves, see the "a fish given and being taught how to fish" logic.

Cap described him once as both ruthless and selfless, and honestly, to be "the best there is", he has to be.

Additionally he doesn't get away with everything he does, remember all the wounds and betrayals he has suffered, one way or another he got more physical and mental punishment (karmic or otherwise) than any other character. Ever. As Spider-woman once thought (in the awesome Spider-woman, Agent of S.W.O.R.D. mini and Motion comic), "How can he even function knowing he is the most screwed-over person in the history of the universe?"

So many people and readers want him dead and gone, you know what, I can even understand that even though I don't agree with it and finally, I doubt Logan would actually mind being dead and gone.

PS: I have my copy of Wolverine Weapon X by Barry Windsor-Smith originally published in 1991 in my hand right now, Wolvie was clearly kidnapped for Weapon X, he did not volunteer, it's either a very stupid retcon or a continuity error, because he only volunteered in the movies.
    Last edited by Platinius; 04-05-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSebert View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that EVERY Marvel superhero should be on the Avengers at least once so George Perez can draw them in a massive crossover battle scene.
    Hickman apparently feels the same way.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

I was never against Logan being an Avenger but nor have I been really for it. He does not make a lot of sense on a public unity team since he has usually spurned the spotlight. He always stayed inside when they announced the lineups.

That said I have enjoyed the interaction with Spiderman and some of the others.I have never been one to judge characters as not worthy of being an Avenger especially if they are as skilled and powerful as Logan. Some characters have worked better than others ( I have no desire for Reed to come back to the main team) but over all I think Logan has worked more than he has not. I get he is overused but that is just the way it is for the bigger names in comics.

I enjoyed watching Superior Spiderman humiliate him recently.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaflightfan69er View Post
    Exactly, if he has to fight other heroes then remember his relative power level here. Anyone of Spidey's level or upwards would trounce Wolverine, his healing factor would keep him alive and but his fighting skill would not help much against someone not only ten times as strong as he is but twenty times as agile and considerably faster, before spider sense even comes into play. Unless Spider-Man is stupid enough to try and go toe to toe, Wolverine wouldn't lay a finger on him.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaflightfan69er View Post
    Yes, I'm so glad he's in the Avengers, with these fans!