Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default avatar army battle royale

who wins a war between the major factions in avatar all are at there peak, and have there armies and banned characters w who sided with them. The avatar sits the war out. Most sides are Last Airbender Era.

Factions:
    The Fire Nation ( they get Zuko, Iroh, as well as the Firelord and other named Fire Nation characters)
    The Earth Kingdom ( they get Toph, Buumi, the Boulder and the others)
    The Water Tribes ( north, south, and swamp)
    the Equallists ( they get Union City and there factories)

and for a bonus fight add the Navi who can breath air for the fight. they have an island off the coast of the main continent which had Pandora wildlife, including mounts.
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place

My card

Quote Originally Posted by Stigma Rex View Post
    who wins a war between the major factions in avatar all are at there peak, and have there armies and banned characters w who sided with them. The avatar sits the war out. Most sides are Last Airbender Era.

Factions:
    The Fire Nation ( they get Zuko, Iroh, as well as the Firelord and other named Fire Nation characters)
    The Earth Kingdom ( they get Toph, Buumi, the Boulder and the others)
    The Water Tribes ( north, south, and swamp)
    the Equallists ( they get Union City and there factories)

and for a bonus fight add the Navi who can breath air for the fight. they have an island off the coast of the main continent which had Pandora wildlife, including mounts.
    The fire nation horribly stomps all the other nations. They by far have the largest army, navy, and air force, as well as super soldiers and warriors like Combustion Man, Piando, Mai, Ty Lee, and the Yuyan archers. On top of that, you've added Iroh, Zuko, Jeong Jeong, and Piando to the fire nation's already potent crew of mayhem planners in Ozai, Zhao, and Azula.

Yes, Amon is far more powerful than all the other benders, but Iroh and Zhao are both smart enough to send the Yuyan archers to assassinate him. Amon will never see the arrows coming.

I say Equalists take this via superior technology and air-power.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    I say Equalists take this via superior technology and air-power.
    They don't have the numbers. They're a terrorist cell working in Republic City facing an army that rolled over the Avatar world. At best, the Equalists were able to handle a small fleet of ships, but they'll never withstand a full Fire Nation invasion force. Their small number of bombers will get hammered by a Fire Nation fireball barrage and Equalist ballons don't want to get close to Fire Nation balloons that have Ozai and Azula shooting lightning bolts. The Fire Nation tanks are about on the same level as Equalists mechs and the Fire Nation has a hell of a lot more tanks than the Equalists have mechs.

On the soldier front, the Equalists have a small number of chi blockers and a bunch of scrubs with chi blocker gloves. That's a lot of short range fighters going up against an army that specializes in using long range attacks. Not good for the Equalists. The Combustion Man working alone could wipe out Amon's entire army, including mechs, bombers, and ballons. All that's needed to handle Amon are the Yuyan archers. Amon can't blood bend arrows he doesn't see coming.

Remember, the op stated that the Fire Nation is at its peak, which means it's entire army, navy, and air force is at its command, plus every person who has ever been Fire Nation is fighting for the Fire Nation, which gives them an unbelievable advantage in terms of gifted benders and military strategists. Honestly, none of the other nations stand a chance.

This is actually interesting...I don't think the Earth benders should be discounted considering they have both the Dai Li (that can handle Amon's whole group) and I'm assuming the Kyoshi Warriors who could handle the Yuyan archers. And of course Bumi, who singlehandedly cleared out his entire city of Fire benders. Granted it was during an eclipse, but the feat of lifting the giant Ozai statue, that was probably a couple 100+ tons of rock right there. The real weakness of the Earth Kingdoms though is Ba Sing Se itself. The Earth King is completely ineffectual, and their army is rather non-existent.

But, I do think the Fire nation is far and away the strongest. The Water Tribes are probably the weakest, they had one waterbender in the southern tribe, and Hakota's Southern warriors didn't seem that impressive.

I'm giving it to the Fire nation as well, but I do think the Earth Kingdom can make it a fight.
    Co-Winner of Character Creation Battle # 2
    Won Character Creation Battle # 5
    Finalist of Tami's Create a Martial Artist Tournament

Winner of Cleric of Hell Brigade's Secret Marvel Tournament
    Winner of KJS1982's Video Game, TV, Movie, Comic/Book Tourney

Won the Internet: 1 time
    Awesom Award: 2 times

Shamelessly plugging my fanfiction:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/576259/

That which does not kill you, pick up a knife and make sure it doesn't get a second chance.

Alright, since it seems the Fire Nation has the edge here, how would a fight go between

The Fire Nation vs The Earth Kingdom, The Water Tribes, and the Equalists
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place

My card

Quote Originally Posted by Stigma Rex View Post
    Alright, since it seems the Fire Nation has the edge here, how would a fight go between

The Fire Nation vs The Earth Kingdom, The Water Tribes, and the Equalists
    And now the Pendulum swings the other way because Amon has the army of benders, gifted warriors, and insanely brilliant strategists to match the Fire Nation's considerable assets. The only thing this coalition does not have is a significant sized Navy. That's ok, because now the Amon has the means to protect himself and Hiroshi until Hiroshi can build Amon an air force to match Ozai's navy. Air power beats naval power in equal numbers. A savage battle between Amon's air force and Ozai's navy will leave the coalition forces hurt (the Fire Nation ships can lob a significant enough barrage of fireballs to destroy many bombers), but in the end, the Fire Nation's navy will be sunk. Then, all that's left is the invasion of the Fire Nation.

Iroh, Ozai, and Azula are good, but Sokka and Bumi are mad genuis' in terms of creative attack strategies. Them working together with Hiroshi and Hakoda is a deadly combination of wtf that the Fire Nation can never predict.

Add in Amon's charisma and his ability to undermine a populace with brilliant propaganda ("Citizens of the Fire Nation, soon will come the day when you can cast off the shackles of war and misery that your leaders have bound to you.") and the Dai Li's ability to brainwash captured Fire Nation soldiers to fight for them and this becomes a perfect storm of retribution on the Fire Nation for starting the war in the first place.

Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

Fire nation is getting an unfair advantage being given all the named characters. I think a battle of all the scrubs would be far more interesting and fair. The Equalist tech would do well against fie naton troops, but their own vehicles would prove somewhat challenging. Earth Nation has the huge drill and could eradicate access points to maximize gorilla tactics. Water nations is really the outright weakest if the location isn't ripe with various water sources.
    a
    I see the equaist emerging victorious if they can devise a solid plan. Technology to block massive aoe and CQC rushers to take down scrubs TY lee style should work well.
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Becoming An Anthropologist View Post
    Fire nation is getting an unfair advantage being given all the named characters. I think a battle of all the scrubs would be far more interesting and fair. The Equalist tech would do well against fie naton troops, but their own vehicles would prove somewhat challenging. Earth Nation has the huge drill and could eradicate access points to maximize gorilla tactics. Water nations is really the outright weakest if the location isn't ripe with various water sources.
    a
    I see the equaist emerging victorious if they can devise a solid plan. Technology to block massive aoe and CQC rushers to take down scrubs TY lee style should work well.
    First, that huge drill actually belongs to the Fire Nation. No Avatar to bring it down means the Earth Kingdom never captured it.

Second, it's actually the massive army and navy of scrubs that gives the Fire Nation the advantage over the Equalists and other nations working on their own. Yes, the Equalists have bombers and mechs, but the Fire Nation has a massive Navy that can launch a blistering fireball bombardment that can obliterate the Equalists small number of bomber and mechs before their own tanks take the field and wipe out the remaining Equalists. The Equalists scrubs need Hiroshi to build more mechs and bombers. Remove this elite member of the Equalists and the Equalists scrubs remain insignificant against an army that outnumbers them massively.

Scrub wise, the coalition of Nations would stalemate the Fire Nation. The Fire Nation couldn't invade the coalition because the coalition scrubs are skilled enough to repel an invasion, but the coalition would have no chance to break the Naval blockade of the Fire Nation.

That's when the elites come into play. Working together, the coalition has better and smarter elites. The Fire Nation doesn't go down easily, but eventually, they would fall to the coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    They don't have the numbers. They're a terrorist cell working in Republic City facing an army that rolled over the Avatar world. At best, the Equalists were able to handle a small fleet of ships, but they'll never withstand a full Fire Nation invasion force. Their small number of bombers will get hammered by a Fire Nation fireball barrage and Equalist ballons don't want to get close to Fire Nation balloons that have Ozai and Azula shooting lightning bolts. The Fire Nation tanks are about on the same level as Equalists mechs and the Fire Nation has a hell of a lot more tanks than the Equalists have mechs.

On the soldier front, the Equalists have a small number of chi blockers and a bunch of scrubs with chi blocker gloves. That's a lot of short range fighters going up against an army that specializes in using long range attacks. Not good for the Equalists. The Combustion Man working alone could wipe out Amon's entire army, including mechs, bombers, and ballons. All that's needed to handle Amon are the Yuyan archers. Amon can't blood bend arrows he doesn't see coming.

Remember, the op stated that the Fire Nation is at its peak, which means it's entire army, navy, and air force is at its command, plus every person who has ever been Fire Nation is fighting for the Fire Nation, which gives them an unbelievable advantage in terms of gifted benders and military strategists. Honestly, none of the other nations stand a chance.
    They have access to the Union City factories, if you'll recall. And the Fire Nation's not going to be able to focus-fire on them alone in this scenario. I could see them bolstering their forces with Hiroshi working the factories and Amon subverting non-benders in the other factions to his cause.

And I'm fairly certain Amon's smart enough not make himself be an easy target for a sniper. If he shows himself in battle it's going to be on his terms, with the Yu Yan Archers either dealt with or not on the field.

They have access to the Union City factories, if you'll recall.
    Yes they do. That's why I'd throw my full might at Republic City first if I had the control of the Fire Nation and I'm no general. It takes time to build mechs, bombers, and balloons. If I can realize the long term danger Amon represents, so can Iroh and Ozai. At the peak of shown Equalist strength, they would not be able to stop Zhao's attack fleet that he used on the Northern Water Tribe. Bombers and balloons are nice, but the small number of bombers and balloons the Equalists have just isnt enough to stop hundreds of ships bombarding the city. Equalist mechs are slighty better than Fire Nation tanks, but again, the Equalists only have so many mechs compared to the vast number of tanks they'll have to deal with in an invasion force. Pretty much, the Equalists will give the Fire Nation a heck of a battle and likely destroy a good portion of Zhao's fleet, but they will lose simply because they are just vastly outnumbered.

And the Fire Nation's not going to be able to focus-fire on them alone in this scenario. I could see them bolstering their forces with Hiroshi working the factories and Amon subverting non-benders in the other factions to his cause.
    The Earth Kingdom doesn't have a navy and the Water Tribe's navy is a fraction of the Fire Nation's navy. The Fire Nation will be completely free to focus almost their entire navy on Republic City if they choose, but really all they need is one attack fleet to severely cripple the Equalists.

And remember, Aang destroyed Zhao's entire fleet at the North Pole, and the Fire Nation barely blinked as they continued to roll over the Earth Nation. The Fire Nation at peak power is a juggernaut that none of the other nations can defeat by themselves.

And I'm fairly certain Amon's smart enough not make himself be an easy target for a sniper. If he shows himself in battle it's going to be on his terms, with the Yu Yan Archers either dealt with or not on the field.
    True, but the Yu Yan did manage to track Aang in the middle of nowhere and ambush him. If they can track an air bender that uses a sky bison to travel, I have to think they stand a better than average chance of figuring out where Amon is. And given the ease by which the Yu Yan beat Aang, the gAang is actually very lucky the Fire Nation never used the Yu Yan against them again.

Yes they do. That's why I'd throw my full might at Republic City first if I had the control of the Fire Nation and I'm no general. It takes time to build mechs, bombers, and balloons. If I can realize the long term danger Amon represents, so can Iroh and Ozai. At the peak of shown Equalist strength, they would not be able to stop Zhao's attack fleet that he used on the Northern Water Tribe. Bombers and balloons are nice, but the small number of bombers and balloons the Equalists have just isnt enough to stop hundreds of ships bombarding the city. Equalist mechs are slighty better than Fire Nation tanks, but again, the Equalists only have so many mechs compared to the vast number of tanks they'll have to deal with in an invasion force. Pretty much, the Equalists will give the Fire Nation a heck of a battle and likely destroy a good portion of Zhao's fleet, but they will lose simply because they are just vastly outnumbered.

The Earth Kingdom doesn't have a navy and the Water Tribe's navy is a fraction of the Fire Nation's navy. The Fire Nation will be completely free to focus almost their entire navy on Republic City if they choose, but really all they need is one attack fleet to severely cripple the Equalists.

And remember, Aang destroyed Zhao's entire fleet at the North Pole, and the Fire Nation barely blinked as they continued to roll over the Earth Nation. The Fire Nation at peak power is a juggernaut that none of the other nations can defeat by themselves.
    They may recognize the danger but that doesn't mean they're going to get to ignore the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes.

And it won't be an easy sweep either. In the original series it took several generations just to take down the Earth Kingdom. And this version of the Earth Kingdom have guys like a King Bumi that's no longer dicking around and Toph making it even more dicey.

Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

First, that huge drill actually belongs to the Fire Nation. No Avatar to bring it down means the Earth Kingdom never captured it.

Second, it's actually the massive army and navy of scrubs that gives the Fire Nation the advantage over the Equalists and other nations working on their own. Yes, the Equalists have bombers and mechs, but the Fire Nation has a massive Navy that can launch a blistering fireball bombardment that can obliterate the Equalists small number of bomber and mechs before their own tanks take the field and wipe out the remaining Equalists. The Equalists scrubs need Hiroshi to build more mechs and bombers. Remove this elite member of the Equalists and the Equalists scrubs remain insignificant against an army that outnumbers them massively.

Scrub wise, the coalition of Nations would stalemate the Fire Nation. The Fire Nation couldn't invade the coalition because the coalition scrubs are skilled enough to repel an invasion, but the coalition would have no chance to break the Naval blockade of the Fire Nation.

That's when the elites come into play. Working together, the coalition has better and smarter elites. The Fire Nation doesn't go down easily, but eventually, they would fall to the coalition.
    Fire nation having the drill really makes this even more unfair. Still, I don't agree with your point about bombard taking down the Eqauliists. The planes (with bomb/ torpedoes) can aerial sweep the fire nation catapult and tank types. On the other hand, the fire-nation blimps are too slow and lack proper maneuverability to engage Equalist planes. As for the mecha, I don't remember their showings that well. However, weren't they resisting multiple fire attacks? Is it that far off for a group of them to simply push through the rank of fire scrubs?
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

They may recognize the danger but that doesn't mean they're going to get to ignore the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes.
    True, but honestly, what are the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes going to do to the Fire Nation navy? The Earth Kingdom has no navy and the Northern Water Tribe's navy is miniscule. The Fire Nation ruled the seas of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Also, the first scenario is a free for all. If the Earth Kingdom shows up to help Republic City, they'll find themselves under attack from the Equalists, which will make taking the city even that much easier for the Fire Nation.

And it won't be an easy sweep either. In the original series it took several generations just to take down the Earth Kingdom. And this version of the Earth Kingdom have guys like a King Bumi that's no longer dicking around and Toph making it even more dicey.
    True, but Iroh, Piando, Jeong Jeong and Zuko aren't dicking around either. Also, Toph and Bumi cannot beat the Combustion Man. All of the various nations has great resources, but the Fire Nation has better resources than the others by themselves. It will be a long bloody war (as it was in the series), but eventually the Fire Nation will win as they would have if the Avatar had not awaken.

Fire nation having the drill really makes this even more unfair.
    Why? The Fire Nation are the ones who built it.

Still, I don't agree with your point about bombard taking down the Eqauliists. The planes (with bomb/ torpedoes) can aerial sweep the fire nation catapult and tank types.
    Not without completely avoiding a full cutapult bombardment. Remember, Zhao filled the air with fireballs that Appa could not navigate safely without Aang protecting him with just 30 ships. A single fleet like he had at the Northern Water Tribe would be a nightmare for Hiroshi's bombers making bombing runs. Also, remember Aang worked an entire day to try and stop Zhao's fleet attacking the Northern Water Tribe. The result? He barely made a dent. Even if Hiroshi's bombers can avoid a fireball barrage (which they cannot), they can only destroy a certain number at a time due to limited ammo. Meanwhile, the fleet continues to hammer Republic City and invasion forces start rolling over any Equalist resistence that manage to survive bombardment.

As for the mecha, I don't remember their showings that well. However, weren't they resisting multiple fire attacks? Is it that far off for a group of them to simply push through the rank of fire scrubs?
    You're forgetting that the Fire Nation had tanks that shrugged off bender attacks just as well as Equalist mechs. These tanks have grappling hooks. A mech might handle 1 tank at a time, but not 3? I don't see it happening. This is why the Fire Nation was rolling over the other nations as well as they were. They had a vast and effective war machine that the other nations could not hope to overcome without the help of the Avatar.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Not to mention they were INCREDIBLE bastards.

Their idea of "ending a war" was "melt the continent down and colonize the wasteland if anything ever grows back".

The Equalists just don't have the firepower if Ozai decides to just Level Freedom City and leave it as a monument to any that would oppose him.