Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default WC13: Valiant Goes Beyond "Harbinger Wars"

Newly exclusive writer Joshua Dysart and Valiant staff and creators entertained fans at WonderCon in Anaheim with previews of their "Harbinger Wars" crossover and other upcoming surprises.

Full article here.

Calling all great writers!!!
    The new VEI is just waiting for the right pitch to launch other Valiant characters into ongoing books.

Would Mr.Busiek be interested in doing this version of Ninjak?

I also had hoped for insight into what role Q&W will play in the new Valiant. That article didn't deliver on that. If the characters are even somewhat loosely tied into the rest of the "family of books" I can be more optimistic. If it's like reading Ambush Bug then I'll be out after the first issue.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

^^^^^^
    There's a really good interview with James Asmus over at ComicVine. Check it out for more insight. I think the plan is to integrate all the titles into the shared VU.

I'd love to see Paul Cornell on Ninjak/Secret Weapons...It's kind of my fantasy scenario to recreate his Captain Britain & MI:16 series. Nick Spencer on HARD Corps would be cool, too, as he hit a lot of the same themes in his THUNDER Agents revival.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

While Shamdasani said he couldn't talk too much about the changes coming to "X-O Manowar" as Aric invades an alien planet, he could reveal that the character returns to Earth in #15, where he will meet the Eternal Warrior.
    Woot, I hope Aric and Gilad's relationship echoes the one they had back in the VH1 days.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Woot, I hope Aric and Gilad's relationship echoes the one they had back in the VH1 days.
    This sounds epic, I guess XO would be back in the 21st century.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Unless... THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT US TO THINK! Future Force? Eternal Warrior: Robot Fighter? Anything's possible! :D
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    My guess is that he somehow travels back in time and encounters Gilad in an earlier time period...likely his days of Visigoths and Romans. The original XO series had a similar issue after Unity, where Aric returned to his own time. Then, he buried himself in the armor underground an went into suspended animation for a few hundred years until the present day.

Wouldn't be surprised to see something like this go down at all.

I don't think we'll see any of the Valiant future characters until the company can acquire the old Gold Key characters. I'm assuming that they're trying to do that. Dark Horse had Solar and Magnus...not sure who had Turok.

Dark Horse had Turok as well as Samson. I enjoyed both titles.

My enjoyment of the short lived DH GoldKey/Valiant rebirth went like this: Turok, Samson, Solar and Magnus

I'd like Samson to come along into the Valiant Universe, or their version of him. I understand he's fallen into public domain as a version of him has also been used in Dynamite's Project SuperPowers line.

Come to think of it, what about an overhaul of the Doctor Spektor concept from Gold Key?
    Too much like Dr.Mirage? I'd wager a niche could be found though, especially considering all characters have been tweaked some before being introduced into the new VEI Universe.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 04-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'd like Samson to come along into the Valiant Universe, or their version of him. I understand he's fallen into public domain as a version of him has also been used in Dynamite's Project SuperPowers line.
    Different Samson. Dynamite's Samson is the demigod from Greek Mythology, and he is public domain.
    Michael Pilgaard, fanboy at large
    WeirdSpace, a Multiverse Who's Who, since 2003
    American Comic Books, an index