Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Venom is NOT a BIG THREE - Venom may have the strength, he may know how to intimidate, Venom definitely may have the body count - but he is NOT a big three
    Many people have already disagreed with you on here already about this and now I am. Whether you like it or not Venom IS part of Spider-Man's top three deadliest enemies. He's not up there with Green Goblin and Doc Ock but he's in there.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    Yes, Eddie Brock, Norman Osborn, and you are trolling.
    Personally; I'd just lump Norman with Harry Osborn together; adding Goblin appearances even during that long twenty-three year peroid while Norman was (assumably) worm food, and Harry did do some just as nasty things to Pete, such as his part in masterminding the "robot parents", and who can forget his famous catchphrase - "GOTCHA!".

Imo:
    • Scorpion: Always my favorite, he should have been more popular than Venom
    • The Vulture: Someone old and should be frail, but he's intimidating, and quite a difficult adversary when time calls for it
    • Mysterio: With what the dude managed to do, he's way better than a B list villain, he shouldn't be a B lister operating from behind the scenes, Ock is not a B lister, why Beck? He drove Spider-Man mad, made him think his aunt is dead, turned the world against Spider-Man, made Spider-Man believe he's his cousin (for a moment, enough to sucker him and escape, and boy was it hilarious), and it did not start for revenge, just for the challenge. Major potential wasted by not making much better use of him out of said stories

Venom was never really a villain before Marvel Knight's Angelo kid, and they're not a villain now
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post

Venom was never really a villain before Marvel Knight's Angelo kid, and they're not a villain now
    Venom (was) a villain, perhaps A-List (popularly-wise) during his six battles against Spidey in Amazing Spider-Man #298-300, #315-317, #331-333, #344-347, #361-363, and #373-375. Perhaps Maximum Carnage further milked him too - before going down from there - Heck, he was already starting to go down around Venom: Lethal Protector. Long-term-wise; he's mostly just fearsome muscle, and still not as classic-value to me, as Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Lizard, and 4/5ths of the rest of the Sinister Six - Vulture, Electro, Mysterio, and Sandman.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-05-2013 at 09:05 AM.

The big three are defiantly

Green Goblin
    Doc Ock
    Venom

The next big bad would have to be Hobgoblin

Also Kraven and Jackal are pretty high up

Imagine that as a sinister six line up.

Green goblin Doc Ock Venom Hobgoblin Kraven and Jackal

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Venom is NOT a BIG THREE - Venom may have the strength, he may know how to intimidate, Venom definitely may have the body count - but he is NOT a big three.

Just BIG TWO, I'd say, if there's not a third in Goblin and Octopus' league of level.
    Hear hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulge View Post
    Kingsley should have an awesome story writen for just him.
    There is so much potential him being the mastermind behind so many villains.

Many loose ends could be solved also.
    I would love to write Kingsley for free for Marvel. He's supposed to be written a certain way. He's smart, and arrogant, brash, defiant, and has violent tendencies, not to mention, kind of a sociopath... I'd write him like how he was in Hobgoblin Lives... systematically taking apart the lives of his enemies through business...

Just to add as a final caveat, I want a fit and healthy Doc Ock back in his own (cloned?) body after Superior, The Green Goblin to be a role where people assume the mantle because Norman is dead and Eddie Brock back as Venom with oh-so many issues with Spidey. A shame that it will never probably happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Myopic View Post
    Just to add as a final caveat, I want a fit and healthy Doc Ock back in his own (cloned?) body after Superior, The Green Goblin to be a role where people assume the mantle because Norman is dead and Eddie Brock back as Venom with oh-so many issues with Spidey. A shame that it will never probably happen...
    I agreed with you until you said: "people". I want one guy in the goblin suit. It doesn't matter if it's Norman or Harry to me, because they are both incredible characters. I couldn't believe the amount of character development that Norman went through. He went from being an all-out villain to being this guy who had good intentions, but with control issues...