Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default WC13: del Toro Spills More "Justice League Dark" Movie Details

"Pacific Rim" director Guillermo del Toro spilled more information about his Justice League Dark film, which will feature John Constantine as the lead with Deadman, Etrigan and Swamp Thing among the rest of the cast.

Full article here.

Elder Member

For some reason, this feels like it has "potential train wreck" written all over it.

Although this could be an awesome movie I feel like its a branding mistake to make a Justice League Dark movie before a proper Justice League movie.

If it wasn't Guillermo del Toro, I'd be a little skeptical. However, he has yet to make a film I haven't loved (save for Mimic). I'm all in on this one.

If Del Toro can make it work and WB actually backs it this would do a lot to actually clear the current gap between DC and marvels superhero movie franchises. Plus with Del Toro's skill with stuff like this I can see it pulling together. Both Hellboy movies are commonly underrated and Golden Army was unfortunately completely overshadowed by competing in the same year as The Dark Knight.

Anything with GDT has my attention. He's probably the perfect person for this movie. I'd have been fine with a GDT solo Constantine, Etrigan or Deadman movie though.
    "Welcome to the party pal!" - John McClane - Die Hard

GDT is a very uneven director. This could go either way. The premise isn't doing anything for me. Might catch it on rentals.

Really wanna see a dc movie universe start to take place after superman. I hunk its time they got there shit together and started producing quality movies that are linked in one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Although this could be an awesome movie I feel like its a branding mistake to make a Justice League Dark movie before a proper Justice League movie.
    I don't think it's going to be called Justice League Dark, it was named Heaven Sent earlier and in the article it's Dark Universe.

Anyway, very short but a couple good details, particularly this:

del Toro and Warner Bros. have been talking about the project since before the success of Marvel Studios' "The Avengers." "They were galvanized to make their universe cohesive," the director said earlier this year, adding that he thinks studio executives are confident with what they have in Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" and are now ready to add to their superhero universe.
    Now it's starting to seem a bit more serious. Here's hoping this movie actually gets made.

If Man of Steel does happen to take off (no pun intended), I'd like to see how Justice League Dark would tie into the supposed DC Cinematic Universe.
    S.O.S. - Save Our Seals!

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_888 View Post
    GDT is a very uneven director. This could go either way. The premise isn't doing anything for me. Might catch it on rentals.
    I completely disagree: GDT hasn't made a movie I haven't at least liked! I've loved, well, most of them, and Mimic would likely have ended up excellent had there been less studio interference.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_888 View Post
    ... You've seen a bad Guillermo del Toro Movie? ... Did it had a horn on it's head?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I don't think it's going to be called Justice League Dark, it was named Heaven Sent earlier and in the article it's Dark Universe.
    It's not named Justice League Dark, thankfully, it was conceived before the New 52 IIRC and I think Heaven Sent is the working title. I think Guillermo conceived it as a Hellblazer movie and the story grew on the telling, so to speak.

Now it's starting to seem a bit more serious. Here's hoping this movie actually gets made.
    I still don't think it will happen. I'll believe it when I'm standing on line for my ticket. I've been burned by At the Mountain of Madness way too many times.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Needs more Zatanna.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Maybe they should focus on lesser known characters... swamp thing sounds big stuff for one team movie
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    If Man of Steel does happen to take off (no pun intended), I'd like to see how Justice League Dark would tie into the supposed DC Cinematic Universe.
    It doesn't have to take off. if anything if MOS bombs, Warner are going to be desparate and greenlight this quicker.

I would like to see the leader in the Brit show "Primeval" play John Constantine.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!