Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default WC13: Spotlight on James Robinson

James Robinson took fan questions during his spotlight panel at WonderCon 2013, diving into the inner workings of "Earth 2," hinting at a crossover with the main DCU in 2014 and more

Full article here.

Red Arrow! I totally have been saying this since the book launched. Validation, you are ever so sweet.

Ted Knight Starman is a British astronomer with a big nose? I wonder why the nose... but STARMAN! I just love E2 so much, this is all sounding increasingly fantastic.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

I love Robinson's writing on Earth 2, however I will say if this is a team book most team books at most take six issues for the team to come together and form, this one takes forever for the JSA to form. I love the characters in this book, Jay Garrick is my favorite. Though its pretty obvious who is Barda. Overall amazing comic book.

Veteran Member

God, I frikking love Robinson's plans for Earth 2, I just wish the story moved a bit faster.

Still, what he's teasing sounds fantastic: Red Arrow (I was sorta hoping for Golden Arrow myself but whatever), Starman, Wildcat, Hourman, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Solitaire, Rhapsody, etc.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the Justice Society book is going to be launched after the conclusion of the big Prime Earth/Earth 2 crossover event (If not earlier), I was also hoping for an All Star Squadron book but I guess it does'nt matter as long as it's more Earth 2 goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    I love Robinson's writing on Earth 2, however I will say if this is a team book most team books at most take six issues for the team to come together and form, this one takes forever for the JSA to form. I love the characters in this book, Jay Garrick is my favorite. Though its pretty obvious who is Barda. Overall amazing comic book.
    I actually think Barda isn't Fury, but will totally kick Fury's ass. She just hasn't been shown yet, to get people to see what's up with her.

Well it's just my opinion but it just seems to me that Fury is Barda. I mean she's the daughter of Wonder Woman, kidnapped and trained by Steppenwolf(sorry if misspelled) and her appearance in the gatefold cover behind mister miracle just gives it a slight hint that its her. However this is just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Red Arrow! I totally have been saying this since the book launched. Validation, you are ever so sweet.

Ted Knight Starman is a British astronomer with a big nose? I wonder why the nose... but STARMAN! I just love E2 so much, this is all sounding increasingly fantastic.
    Maybe he's Jewish? (before you harp ANTI-SEMITE!!! I'm Jewish)

Totally looking forward to Justice Society. I think it'll be fun that after they launch JS this book will be able to further develop other characters for Earth 2 and aren't part of the Justice Society.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Veteran Member

Great, we're back to "Fury is *insert female character here*" again.

Fury is not Big Barda since Robinson is specifically mentioning Barda on his interviews.

And is not Donna Troy either just in case that people still want to go into that argument.

Well it's just my opinion but it just seems to me that Fury is Barda. I mean she's the daughter of Wonder Woman, kidnapped and trained by Steppenwolf(sorry if misspelled) and her appearance in the gatefold cover behind mister miracle just gives it a slight hint that its her. However this is just my opinion and I could be wrong.
    Oh yeah, I understand. Same here... that's just my opinion. Though Razko makes a good point about Robinson mentioning Barda by name, when Fury's name is already Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Maybe he's Jewish? (before you harp ANTI-SEMITE!!! I'm Jewish)

Totally looking forward to Justice Society. I think it'll be fun that after they launch JS this book will be able to further develop other characters for Earth 2 and aren't part of the Justice Society.
    I don't harp! I crow. It's much more annoying.

I'd like that, though. I don't think we have a Jewish hero there yet, but I could be wrong. Hell, any of the heroes so far could be. Actually, wasn't Al Pratt Jewish or am I imagining that? Aaaaaand it just occurred to me that big-nosed is a stereotype of Jewish faces, so I un-like that. I want to know why the nose! It's oddly specific.

And I took his comments about the JS as more of "I'm approaching this book as a protracted, global-scale building up of the Justice Society" not "I'm graduating the team to their own book and making this one an anthology series". Though I would like to see a solo book on E2, or even just Worlds' Finest moving over there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Great, we're back to "Fury is *insert female character here*" again.

Fury is not Big Barda since Robinson is specifically mentioning Barda on his interviews.

And is not Donna Troy either just in case that people still want to go into that argument.
    I don't understand this. Big Barda is Big Barda. Not Fury or Donna Troy. She's Big Barda. I don't understand all this theories.

Bleeding Cool had a story about James Robinson yesterday, it was mostly what was here, but it also mentioned bringing in Johnny Thunder and it said who the quadriplegic will be, but I can't remember

So I do have some question about the crossover with Earth 2 and the regular universe.
    1. Will Alan Scott's powers still work on another earth, because when he went to space he lost power.
    2. Will Powergirl and Huntress show up
    3. Will Characters interact EX. Fury Daughter of Wonder Woman, Earth 2 Batman and Batman, Powergirl and Mister Terrific.

Those are my questions but I do have one opinion.Roy McQueen? Red Arrow and he is an amputee? I don't hate it but its pretty obvious that is Roy Harper, Pre-52 Aresenal mixed with Oliver queen Green Arrow. As I said I don't hate it but it is a little corny.

So I do have some question about the crossover with Earth 2 and the regular universe.
    1. Will Alan Scott's powers still work on another earth, because when he went to space he lost power.
    2. Will Powergirl and Huntress show up
    3. Will Characters interact EX. Fury Daughter of Wonder Woman, Earth 2 Batman and Batman, Powergirl and Mister Terrific.

Those are my questions but I do have one opinion.Roy McQueen? Red Arrow and he is an amputee? I don't hate it but its pretty obvious that is Roy Harper, Pre-52 Aresenal mixed with Oliver queen Green Arrow. As I said I don't hate it but it is a little corny.
    It makes more sense if they're using the Golden Age origin, because that was for both Speedy and Green Arrow. So amalgamating the two makes it neater and gives a fuller backstory for the character. He could even be Native American, I suppose. Which is all nic because, use of Black Mesa in Lemire's GA aside, the Golden Age origin for both characters has long been abandoned. I missed the amputee part, though. That's interesting if true. You sure you weren't just reading the part where he says a whole bunch of things that can be the sole character note if written badly?

He did say that, if you go to bleedingcool an read the interview he brings up the amputee part along with another character named Red Bee.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/...alized-groups/

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Really liking the stuff that Robinson has said and makes sense about him not going down the same Starman route. Good to know diversity wise they are making the new one British... though big nose? Eh? And good to see an Arrow on Earth-2 but was thinking a new name might have been better instead of Red Arrow. I know that was one of the names Roy used prior to the reboot but I kind of still relate that to Arsenal in some manner. Rakzo's Golden Arrow suggestion might have been better as someting completely new but its a minor nitpick on my part. Also good to know that Ultra-Humanite is on the table for future villains. Personally, I want to see a revamped Dragon King, Spirit King and Johnny Sorrow with the King of Tears with him. (Man, thats a lot of Kings there now that I look at my post...)

And wow, I kind of dig his cast of a Secret Avengers if he went to Marvel
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!