Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 88
  1. #61
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    In this one move they have just made Earth-2 exactly like ever alternative earth, imaginary earth etc. I really wish these costumes weren't so generic.

    Gremlin--

  2. #62

    Default

    I wouldn't mind seeing "Iron" Munro show up as a replacement for Superman, but that might be because I've been reading Young All-Stars lately. Earth 2 would be a decent place for Project Cadmus AKA The DNA Project to show up.

  3. #63

    Default

    Meaning they could alter his origin to be a result of trying to replicate Superman's powers in a human, instead of the whole Hugo Danner thing.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,563

    Default

    Earth 2 doesn't need a new Superman anymore than it needs this new Batman. I don't want the integrity of Earth 2 hurt anymore just in a game of "keeping up with the Waynes". Earth 2 had Superman, and he died.

    To stay totally true to the original tone, this Batman should not exist either but I can't change that so will just hope for as good a character as possible. Here's at least hoping they don't make the major mistake of actually saying Superman survived being disintegrated in issue #1. (his body is dissolving, bone showing. That's not teleportation).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-30-2013 at 07:39 PM.

  5. #65
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    It can also be perceived as severe molecular displacement, i.e. interdimensional teleportation. It's been made obvious that in this DC universe, boom tube transportation is a lot tougher to pull off than in previous continuities.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

  6. #66
    Veteran Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,563

    Default

    I just don't think the art supports it. No character traveling via boom tube thus far has been shown with the type of silhouette of being ripped apart. Its been described as rough, and downright unpleasant the first time, but when Vic and the League travels they're never portrayed as being seemingly ripped asunder. To me the question is not if he survived, but how they came up with the device that killed him.

  7. #67
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    It's not going to be Dick.

    AzBats for sure.

  8. #68
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I just don't think the art supports it. No character traveling via boom tube thus far has been shown with the type of silhouette of being ripped apart. Its been described as rough, and downright unpleasant the first time, but when Vic and the League travels they're never portrayed as being seemingly ripped asunder. To me the question is not if he survived, but how they came up with the device that killed him.
    But look, the swirly energy effect is the same:




    I'm tellin' ya, Sups was transported to Apokolips for experimentation.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 03-30-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

  9. #69
    Member elikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarateXplosion View Post
    it's Damien since he died in new earth comic universe
    Hey not bad idea.

    But he looks old! How much time passed on Earth2 since the old heroes died??


    The red colour may hint to a former "Robin". Could be any of them. Though it seems more likely to me to be one, we don't see in the other "normal" comics. It would be odd to see two Dick Grayson's or two Tim Drake's. Damian might be possible, since he is dead. I must admit I would have some difficulty to accept anyone out of the Bat-Family in the suit. Then rather no Batman at all, than someone strange to the Bat-family.
    Last edited by elikal; 03-30-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    "Freedom of speech means, that you can say anything about French in an American forum."
    Jaqcues Leblanc

  10. #70
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Once again, On Earth 2 the legacy of Robin is squarely and soley with Helena Wayne. Damian Wayne was never born on this world, as Huntress stated in Worlds' Finest that Robin was her "not-brother". All the ususal legacy characters involved in the bat-legacy on Earth Prime are simply NOT involved with it on Earth 2.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

  11. #71

    Default

    Havent read this thread yet but I am against there being another Batman, or Superman or Wonder Woman, this is a bad no horrible idea. Helena Wayne is honoring her parents, she should be able to say who gets the mantle, although she is trapped on an alternate Earth. When she/if she returns the mantle of the Bat is solely hers. She should be considered the Batwoman of the Earth Two, the writer of this series is doing a bad job with all of the characters in this universe unless they are men sadly.
    Helena Wayne as the Huntress, horrible! RIP Helena Bertinelli April 1989 - August 2011 Rotten thing to do to your fans DC. Bait and switch. Horrible.

  12. #72
    Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Once again, On Earth 2 the legacy of Robin is squarely and soley with Helena Wayne. Damian Wayne was never born on this world, as Huntress stated in Worlds' Finest that Robin was her "not-brother". All the ususal legacy characters involved in the bat-legacy on Earth Prime are simply NOT involved with it on Earth 2.
    Yeah, but how do we KNOW that she's the only Robin of Earth-2? I don't recall Helena ever saying anything like "I've always been the only Robin." (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I think it's a fair bet that E-2 Batman's history goes back about 20 years before E-2 #1...is there any reason that there couldn't have been a Dick Grayson who started there, grew up, and then retired sometime after Helena's birth?
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

  13. #73
    Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elikal View Post
    Hey not bad idea.
    It would be odd to see two Dick Grayson's or two Tim Drake's.
    Why? We have two Kara Zor-Els, and they're both on the same Earth right now.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

  14. #74
    Member elikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    Why? We have two Kara Zor-Els, and they're both on the same Earth right now.
    Yes and there are two Hulks, but I still find that ridiculous. ;)
    "Freedom of speech means, that you can say anything about French in an American forum."
    Jaqcues Leblanc

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    Yeah, but how do we KNOW that she's the only Robin of Earth-2? I don't recall Helena ever saying anything like "I've always been the only Robin." (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I think it's a fair bet that E-2 Batman's history goes back about 20 years before E-2 #1...is there any reason that there couldn't have been a Dick Grayson who started there, grew up, and then retired sometime after Helena's birth?
    Or more likely, a Damian (or Ibn) who was raised by Talia, escaped the League of Assassins, and is now setting out to live up to the legacy of the father he never had the chance to know.

    I'd love it to be JPV or Thomas, but I don't think the former is well known enough for them to bring back, and I think the return of Flashpoint Thomas Wayne would be a bigger event.
    GrayHaven Comics: By Creators, For Creators!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •