Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

"durr durr durr he's not a true hero..." NO DUH! Wow some of you guys are DENSE. The book is about a villain trying to be a hero; doesn't mean he will do a good job at it. I for one doubt DocOck will ever truly change but it's entertaining as hell to see him try. That also doens't mean Doc Ock won't have a moments where he does good. Doc Ock saving the girl was an adorable MOMENT. Like Ghost Peter said, it's only ONE mark in the win column. Doesn't mean I think Doc Ock is completely redeemed or ever will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ender424 View Post
    "durr durr durr he's not a true hero..." NO DUH! Wow some of you guys are DENSE. The book is about a villain trying to be a hero; doesn't mean he will do a good job at it. I for one doubt DocOck will ever truly change but it's entertaining as hell to see him try. That also doens't mean Doc Ock won't have a moments where he does good. Doc Ock saving the girl was an adorable MOMENT. Like Ghost Peter said, it's only ONE mark in the win column. Doesn't mean I think Doc Ock is completely redeemed or ever will be.
    Should have made this a stand alone title.
    Pull List: Saga, East of West, Aphrodite

Quote Originally Posted by ishikabe View Post
    Should have made this a stand alone title.
    They did. It's called 'Superior Spider-Man'.

It's a great title.

You should read it.

While the idea is kinda interesting, it sucks that we don't have any Peter Parker to read about anymore. Not even in the Ultimate universe. So however good Superior Spider-Man is, it just can't be better than the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    While the idea is kinda interesting, it sucks that we don't have any Peter Parker to read about anymore. Not even in the Ultimate universe. So however good Superior Spider-Man is, it just can't be better than the real deal.
    What are you talking about? Peter shows up in every episode! He's just changed actors.

/Trollface

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

It's a great title.
    That's an opinion not a a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by the Nomad View Post
    That's an opinion not a a fact.
    Ha-Ha, I see what you did there. But you do realize I was being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Ha-Ha, I see what you did there. But you do realize I was being facetious.
    Ha-Ha Touche sir Touche

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peter_parker.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	112527

that's alot of years for Spider-Man to finally get boring

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

I love how pictures like this surface like every three years with the last year on the pic updated every time.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Thank you for confirming that the Brand New Day and Big Time runs were interesting. That was very nice of you. :-)

Going by your previous posts where you clearly state that you don't sit down and give "Superior Spider-Man" a proper read, but rather "flip" through it, MAYBE if you took the time to give it a fair shot, you'd find it interesting too. ;-)

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    Thank you for confirming that the Brand New Day and Big Time runs were interesting. That was very nice of you. :-)

Going by your previous posts where you clearly state that you don't sit down and give "Superior Spider-Man" a proper read, but rather "flip" through it, MAYBE if you took the time to give it a fair shot, you'd find it interesting too. ;-)

Name:	I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	112530

Very clever Mr. Slott...
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

I haven't read Spider-Man in years and am absolutely loving Superior. Sorry to be the dissenting opinion but I prefer the more nuanced morality of Spider-Ock.

If the ending is awesome, then I will buy the trades. I started buying the Civil War issues and felt Marvel burned me with that ending.

It is kinda funny that Amazing Spider-Man #700 has become the new One More Day, the point when some Spider-Man fans claim to have dropped the title.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?