Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Batman, Incorporated, #9

Grant Morrison and artists Chris Burnham and Jason Masters deal with the fallout of the death of Damian Wayne in "Batman Incorporated" #9.

Full review here.

man I guess Burnham and Morrison need come whore themselves out on CBR a little bit to pump those review scores huh.

I thought this was the best issue of the series yet. Certainly the best of the Bat-Books that I've read this month by a mile, last month too, and the month before that.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

I guess it wasn't pre-ordained as good by the DC Comics' PR staff like Batman #17.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a CBR review, so this is par for the course.

This was basically my thoughts, especially about Burnham being rough and sketchy. I wasn't as big of a problem in earlier issues, but it's really become noticeable over the last two or so months.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

This review has me wondering if the reviewer read the same book I did.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

It's by the same guy who gave Batman #17 five stars, so the level of taste is already questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It's by the same guy who gave Batman #17 five stars, so the level of taste is already questionable.
    Well, he seems to be looking for different things out of his reads than I am.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

This issue deserves a score of zero cause it made me feel sad

Overall I loved the issue and am not really concerned with the review, I do think that I have different taste than the reviewer and that is always something to keep in mind.

When we are at this stage in such a long-form narrative, I'm unconvinced the complaint that "the depth of each of those aspects disappears when removed from the context of earlier installments of the story" matters at all. Do we really expect/need Morrison at this stage to make this an issue that can stand alone?
    "Life is like a detective story. It starts with a dame, and ends with a funeral..."

I'm sorry that this issue can't compare to grimdark Joker running around with his face stapled on Mr.Doug Zawisza...maybe if Morrison and Burnham gave out advanced copies and next-day interviews....

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    I'm sorry that this issue can't compare to grimdark Joker running around with his face stapled on Mr.Doug Zawisza...maybe if Morrison and Burnham gave out advanced copies and next-day interviews....
    Maybe he just didn't like it. I mean I liked it but you know, some other people might not have. That's how opinions work.

i thought it was weak, and i agree burnham's work looked rough.. batman's hand going into the visor is probably the best illustration.

overall, i thought it was meh, but that might be because it's the third Damien is dead issue i've read (batman and B&R)..
    taunt the baron, tempt the fury

World'sGreatest Defective Tzara's Avatar

Bleh, as always CBR proves there is no accounting for taste. AND, once again I shamelessly whore out my equally pointless opinion: http://comicsastonish.com/2013/03/28...rated-vol-2-9/

Hey - all in all a good day!

Heh, it's been said before, but this further proves that the CBR front-page/articles and the CBR Forums are two different worlds.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor