Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Power Guy View Post
    The Cheetah was around long before Tigra was. If you don't think she has a personality or a motivation, you need to go and re-read Justice League #13 thru 14. Geoff showed in 2 issues how the Cheetah is more exciting than Azzarello's entire Olympian pantheon. She's cunning, vile, ruthless, and shows no mercy. The fact that she's also an identity thief adds a layer of interesting mystery to her. She's fast enough to neutralize the Flash, strong enough to go toe to toe with Superman, and not even Batman could out-think her. Add the fact that she was intelligent enough to trick Diana into believing she was a good person, and BAM! You've got an arch-nemesis.
    Johns definitely wants to do more with Cheetah judging from what he's teased. Azzarello seems to say as well he's going to create the biggest baddest bestest foe for Diana...who I can only imagine is the First Born. Now unless this First Born gets out there and creates some havoc in the DCU, his greatest is not going to matter. We have yet to see what's so great/compelling about him and can he pose any real threat though out the DCU. WW's foes by far have been weak because they don't feel that they can hold their own in a shared verse or feel layered. I would have never given the Atlanteans much thought as a force to be reckoned with but after Throne of Atlantis...now I do. I see Orm a great layered character now who would make a compelling ( even sympathetic) villain. It's amazing how the Aquaman characters are coming into the fore. Black Manta as well and what Young Justice did with him was so good too. Be nice to see a WW centric story in JL and it might just be with Cheetah.

We should be glad other writers are developing stuff. If he wants to selectively ignore what he wants...so be it. It is selective.I won't say it's because he cares any more about WW that the story he wants to tell because he dragging in New Gods, who ironically have more ties to Superman than Wonder Woman. And the critique of Superman would be stealing Diana's thunder is pretty full of irony with Orion there now.
    Last edited by thepenguin; 03-28-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Gotta say, right now I say Lobdell writes a better Orion than Azz.
    Agreed. He's sounds more like a New God. Still a bit douchey but he always was arrogant...he has Darkseid's genes in his veins after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    Agreed. He's sounds more like a New God. Still a bit douchey but he always was arrogant...he has Darkseid's genes in his veins after all.
    Thirded. Orion feels more regal and less of a second rate Han Solo.

I have to say, I hope Orion doesn't become a love interest for Wonder Woman!! Since when does Wonder woman have a love interest in a guy who doesn't respect her as a woman! He crossed the line when he slapped her on the butt!! No matter the reason!! If Orion does become her love interest, it will be a step back for women in comics! Saying it ok to treat women with no respect, they love it!! By the way I'm a Guy, even I thought what he did cross the line!! If they become a couple it will hurt Wonder Woman image as a strong woman that everyone can respect!! As least to me!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 04-11-2013 at 07:21 PM.