Quote Originally Posted by wr3h View Post
    "The animated show has a real sense of humor to it"

HAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHA
    hahaha
    no.
    just.
    no.
    LOL, IO agree. That being said, I thought that clip was actually funny. Which is a rare feat for this show, since the jokes (IMO) are often not that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    I know some people are going to hate my positive outlook on the series, and honestly I don't give a hoot. If people can hate Ultimate Spider-Man, then let others enjoy their show without having to feel guilty for liking it.
    For what it's worth dude, even though I disagree with your opinion about this show, I respect your opinion.

No relation to this but have you guys heard about all these young kids at the age of 7 and up all upset and writing letters to cartoon network asking them to bring back Green Lantern and Young Justice????????? Yet my little bro and his friends watch the first season of Ultimate Spider-Man and hated it. I watch all these shows and saw the difference between them. USM is very childish and Young Justice has it's comedy and romances here and there but it's has a very solid story and a lot of drama. Everyone knows who Spider-Man is yet this show is hated by a lot but Young Justice, a show with Batman and Super-Man etc. sidekicks get a show get cancelled and you hear about little kids doing things like this. Marvel says there trying to attract the younger audience but seeing kids do this for a more mature show from DC which is aimed for teens, I don't know.....

Here's a link to the story.

http://live.comicbookresources.com/2...rtoon-network/

Quote Originally Posted by JayZeon86 View Post
    No relation to this but have you guys heard about all these young kids at the age of 7 and up all upset and writing letters to cartoon network asking them to bring back Green Lantern and Young Justice????????? Yet my little bro and his friends watch the first season of Ultimate Spider-Man and hated it. I watch all these shows and saw the difference between them. USM is very childish and Young Justice has it's comedy and romances here and there but it's has a very solid story and a lot of drama. Everyone knows who Spider-Man is yet this show is hated by a lot but Young Justice, a show with Batman and Super-Man etc. sidekicks get a show get cancelled and you hear about little kids doing things like this. Marvel says there trying to attract the younger audience but seeing kids do this for a more mature show from DC which is aimed for teens, I don't know.....

What a lot of these program executives don't understand is that young children are more interested with cartoons that are more mature in content. The cancellation of Young Justice could be blamed on the PR not working alongside the producers of the show as far as creating new product lines to market as toys. You only have to look at One Piece to see the potential that is long last when animated production company like Toei and the author of the manga work together on the marketing side to see product merchandise that goes beyond just seeing toys. Young Justice could have thrived if they had diversify their product merchandise beyond just selling toys.

Everyone knows who Spider-Man is yet this show is hated by a lot but Young Justice, a show with Batman and Super-Man etc. sidekicks get a show get cancelled and you hear about little kids doing things like this. Marvel says there trying to attract the younger audience but seeing kids do this for a more mature show from DC which is aimed for teens, I don't know.....

Despite YJ being a tad bit more "mature" than a lot of other action/adventure cartoons, the show wasn't aimed at teens. It was aimed at kids from ages 6 to 14.

As for little kids writing to CN to bring back YJ, I'm skeptical about little kids deciding to write letters to a TV network to bring a canceled TV show back. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if that letter was written by one or both of the kid's parents (or told the kid to write the letter), and who had the kid pose for a picture holding the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What a lot of these program executives don't understand is that young children are more interested with cartoons that are more mature in content. The cancellation of Young Justice could be blamed on the PR not working alongside the producers of the show as far as creating new product lines to market as toys. You only have to look at One Piece to see the potential that is long last when animated production company like Toei and the author of the manga work together on the marketing side to see product merchandise that goes beyond just seeing toys. Young Justice could have thrived if they had diversify their product merchandise beyond just selling toys.
    Quoted for the ever lovin truth.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Very true, when I was a kid I was buying anime like Ninja Scroll on VHS.

My parents only saw cartoons from Japan and bought it for me.... GLAD I didn't watch it with them tho, it would have been destroyed and my eyes would have been gouged out by my Mother. Still an awesome anime movie.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    Very true, when I was a kid I was buying anime like Ninja Scroll on VHS.

My parents only saw cartoons from Japan and bought it for me.... GLAD I didn't watch it with them tho, it would have been destroyed and my eyes would have been gouged out by my Mother. Still an awesome anime movie.
    Yeah, I still have the VHS til this day, and I remember the days I used to stay up late on a Friday night just to watch Spawn TAS on HBO. When I was a kid I was into the mature stuff in Cartoons and comics as well, that why I was a big fan of comics during the 90's because of the dark ages and my parents bought it for me and didn't pay no mind to it....until they heard my Notorious BIG cd....I never seen a cd get broken into so many pieces

There's a difference between "mature" entertainment containing "adult" content that is aimed squarely at older teens/adults and all ages entertainment containing "layered" all ages content that isn't over sanitized or doesn't talk down to the audience and is aimed at wide age group. NINJA SCROLL (one of my favorite anime movies) and SPAWN TAS are the former. YJ,JLU,LEGEND OF KORA,THE CLONE WARS,SYM BIONIC TITAN, WITCH,GARGOYLES,THE LEGEND OF PRINCE VALIANT,JOHNY QUEST,BATMAN TAS,THE REAL ADVENTURES OF JOHNY QUEST,WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN,the 2nd seasons of both the 90's FF and IRON MAN cartoons,SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN,GENERATOR REX ,G.I. JOE RENEGADES,AVENGERS:EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES,TEEN TITANS,THE BATMAN,EXO-SQUAD,MIGHTY MAX,WING COMMANDER ACADEMY,SUPER ROBOT MONKEY TEAM HYPER FORCE GO,CAPTAIN SIMIAN AND THE SPACE MONKEY'S,GL:TAS, HEROMAN,BEAST WARS,and THE INCREDIBLES (to name a few) are examples of the latter.
    Last edited by Blade X; 03-27-2013 at 10:29 PM.

On the bright side at least Joe can't make Ultimate Spider-Man worse.

so will any other of marvel's patriotic-themed superheroes show up?

is Plymouth Rock a "thing" type rocky strong character?

..there should be someone based on crispus attucks..

Its so strange to me that this cartoon is so bad. I think quesada has been great for marvel and great for spidey, in particular. But this is just an awful cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehaul View Post
    Its so strange to me that this cartoon is so bad. I think quesada has been great for marvel and great for spidey, in particular. But this is just an awful cartoon.
    rightttttt

rightttttt

I'm a huge fan of Joe Quesada. I asked him on Twitter if I could send him some of his work that I own to get autographed, and he said absolutely. He gave me the address to send c/o to him. Very few people do that nowadays... Very cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Joe Quesada. I asked him on Twitter if I could send him some of his work that I own to get autographed, and he said absolutely. He gave me the address to send c/o to him. Very few people do that nowadays... Very cool guy...
    he's probably a nice guy and etc. but his decisions for spider-man weren't great.....
    Last edited by JayZeon86; 04-06-2013 at 01:22 PM.