Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Is there any history of Wanda being able to use her powers to scan a planet for someone? Because it appears the Uncanny Avengers could sure use someone who could track down Red Skull back to his new lair before he unleashes his next onslaught ...

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Is there any history of Wanda being able to use her powers to scan a planet for someone? Because it appears the Uncanny Avengers could sure use someone who could track down Red Skull back to his new lair before he unleashes his next onslaught ...
    I wonder if Cerebro can find Xavier's mind? Rogue should hit Rachael up for some X-pertise here!
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    She was able to use Thor's hammer in such a way in Volume 2 of his book:

http://i50.tinypic.com/3yd15.jpg

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RLM1980 View Post
    She was able to use Thor's hammer in such a way in Volume 2 of his book:

http://i50.tinypic.com/3yd15.jpg
    Thank you for that RLM1980.

THIS, This is how Wanda should be and I want to Comeback to the Marvel Universe!

Wanda ROCKS.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    I'm not addressing the stupid painting drama any more. I'm addressing you thinking Rogue was directing anger at Wasp. She wasn't. Jan was directing anger at Rogue.
    the snipe about her being old was being said out of love?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    The difference between Wanda and Rogue is that Wanda had years as an Avenger before Bendis got hold of her, Rogue before the X-men spent a good deal of time trying to defeat them and even after she got her stolen powers she had some fun tormenting Angel. Rogue started from a far more negative point when she joined the X-men than Wanda started when she first joined the Avengers.

I'm asking what she will do if she thinks that Wanda has become a threat again. I'm not saying that she should do nothing, or that she should do something, I'm asking what everyone thinks that she will do. She has already stated flat out that she is only on the team to keep an eye on Wanda. Since she's appointed herself the tripwire in case Wanda is written by Bendis again, what will she do when/if it happens?
    Well, we know she thinks she can steal/copy Wanda's powers if it comes to it.

So she'd probably try to put her down herself in a worst case scenario. If she had more time she'd run and get Storm's X-team.
    Since those guys are her friends.

How elaborate of a plan does Rogue need?

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

So she'd probably try to put her down herself in a worst case scenario. If she had more time she'd run and get Storm's X-team.

It depends on how far she's thought things out. As pointed out she has been a leader, she knows -or should know- that advance planning can be the key to success. If she is concerned enough to put herself in a place she doesn't like with people she doesn't like then I think she should have at least two contingency plans. Just trying to absorb Wanda's powers might not do it because that relies on Rogue getting close enough. A one touch emergency com with a recorded message would probably be the best way to go. I don't expect someone like Rogue would go the Amanda Waller or Tony Stark route and put a small explosive in Wanda's neck or lace her brain with nano-bots, she's not that type of character (at least she hasn't been written that way, with marvel you never know). But if she is concerned enough then she should have a plan.
    Of course if Wanda does go Bendis again and Rogue absorbs that power I have to ask does Rogue have someone watching her?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

It depends on how far she's thought things out. As pointed out she has been a leader, she knows -or should know- that advance planning can be the key to success. If she is concerned enough to put herself in a place she doesn't like with people she doesn't like then I think she should have at least two contingency plans. Just trying to absorb Wanda's powers might not do it because that relies on Rogue getting close enough. A one touch emergency com with a recorded message would probably be the best way to go. I don't expect someone like Rogue would go the Amanda Waller or Tony Stark route and put a small explosive in Wanda's neck or lace her brain with nano-bots, she's not that type of character (at least she hasn't been written that way, with marvel you never know). But if she is concerned enough then she should have a plan.
    Of course if Wanda does go Bendis again and Rogue absorbs that power I have to ask does Rogue have someone watching her?
    Umm... Aren't we all forgetting that all that from Dissembles and HoM garbage could only be done cause Wanda was possessed, heck even Rick Remender in his article even said unless she has a powersourse, she can only do limit power moves. So unless their is any Universe Spanning entities around(which inturn any hero needs to watch out for, aka P5), what is their to watch out for?

It is like an X-Man saying "I have to watch out for Jean so she does not eat another star!" and the proper response should be, "Ummm....That was the Phoenix and unless Jean or after AvX for that matter anyone esle that gets possessed by it, it sounds like that won't happen again." =p
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-24-2013 at 08:36 AM.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Umm... Aren't we all forgetting that all that from Dissembles and HoM garbage could only be done cause Wanda was possessed, heck even Rick Remender in his article even said unless she has a powersourse, she can only do limit power moves. So unless their is any Universe Spanning entities around(which inturn any hero needs to watch out for, aka P5), what is their to watch out for?

It is like an X-Man saying "I have to watch out for Jean so she does not eat another star!" and the proper response should be, "Ummm....That was the Phoenix and unless Jean or after AvX for that matter anyone esle that gets possessed by it, it sounds like that won't happen again." =p
    And if marvel followed consistent characterization and didn't have a habit of forgetting/twisting things for plot points I'd agree with you. But they don't. They pick and chose what parts of the history to go with, what parts of the character to go with. All a writer really has to do in my opinion is sell the story to his editor and once that hurdle is past there are not limits and no safety for the character. Also my proposition is based on what Rogue feels is needed in story and in my opinion if she thinks Wanda is a threat that should be watched then she also have a few contingency plans to deal with Wanda in case the need arises.

And if marvel followed consistent characterization and didn't have a habit of forgetting/twisting things for plot points I'd agree with you. But they don't. They pick and chose what parts of the history to go with, what parts of the character to go with. All a writer really has to do in my opinion is sell the story to his editor and once that hurdle is past there are not limits and no safety for the character. Also my proposition is based on what Rogue feels is needed in story and in my opinion if she thinks Wanda is a threat that should be watched then she also have a few contingency plans to deal with Wanda in case the need arises.
    Agreed, but you don't have to explain to me about pick-and-choose writers to me Mark, that was the who Garbage with Bendis and Wanda, he just did not pick and choice, he took a Bazooka and blew threw a decade and 1/2 of character develop for a plot twist. =S So we indeed agree upon that.

But the 1st good thing is that RR said he did his research on Wanda and he is going to follow code to her powers. That is what it sounds like and I trust that will happen. I Really like and Support Rogue and think she will soon find out she does not have to watch out for anybody and that all the avengers are her friends, this is just the character development process that happens when 2 opposite sides start working together.

I really like sassy Rogue, but I like to see sassy in a fun and friendly way as well.

Not a knock against Rogue. But unless she is Batman or Black Panther I don't think she really have a plan to deal with Wanda.
    But by being there she will know is Wanda is losing it, and have other to stop Wanda before she get to a HOM point.
    Which I don see happening.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    the snipe about her being old was being said out of love?
    It was said out of trolling. If anything, she was directing anger at Havok.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    It was said out of trolling. If anything, she was directing anger at Havok.
    At Havok? I don't think so, that was a shot at Jan.

Well the where to stick it line is for Havok. I would argue trolling is done in a form of anger and people should not treat shouting as the only form of expressing anger but what is the point. I think Rogue got the reaction she was looking to get.
    Last edited by celticguy; 03-24-2013 at 03:29 PM.

The only reason she even spoke to Jan was because Jan was bitching as soon as she walked through the door.

Rogue told Havok to shove it, for no reason.

You tell me.