Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I honestly think he'll be on the book even after it hits cancellation levels, and rather than get a new creative team, DC will just let him end the book.
    Oh you mean like what's happening over on Legion of Superheroes?
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Earth 2 is just awesome. I had lost interest in Robinson during his really iffy JLA run, though his Action Comics run seemed solid when I checked in on it from time to time. I think he's got his groove back on this book, which I associate most with his Golden Age mini. I'm getting a bit nervous with ANY DC book right now due to the creator exits, but I really hope this book continues on for a good long time.

I like WF much more than Earth 2. The PG/H dynamic is just fun and one of the few nostalgic moments in the Nu 52. Earth 2 is just totally Nu and different and doesn't touch that spot at all. Despite being Nu versions of Kara and Helena they have the same dynamic and I really enjoy that. Plus the flashbacks to Bat, Cat and young Hel are the moments I've enjoyed most in the Nu 52. Earth 2 has to be enjoyed as something completely new, but PG/Helena feel like a throwback thematically.

one of the things that kind of struck me when I got caught up on E2 was how it felt a lot like Straczynski's Supreme Power. both being, at their core, a reboot of the dcu...kind of. the ultimate differences, I will hope, will be that robinson will not quit in the middle of an arc and that robinson will continue to showcase his love for the superhero genre. don't get me wrong. I loved Supreme Power, but it just broke my heart to see straczynski not just leave that book, but to then go onto other superhero work and exhibit a bit of a distain for the genre. I mean seriously, having The Twelve's Rockman go from an awesome, fun sci-fi concept to a tragic union worker? by god. sorry, that just drove me nuts. also, sorry for the run-on sentence above. also, sorry for apologizing so much. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    I like both series and both writers, myself.
    Well, that's just not possible around here. We'll have to adjust you.

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    I like both series and both writers, myself.
    Me too. WF is one of my favorites every month.

I also like both series however Earth 2 is the stronger one.

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    Of course, Robinson also revealed here that Michael Holt can't go back to Earth-1. I wonder if that also holds true for PG and H. Early issues of WF mentioned that Huntress is now immune to radiation, so maybe that's similar to whatever happened to Holt.
    Personally, I think it may have to do with the method Holt utilized to dimension jump. Both Holt and Sloan developed dimensional transport in their respective universes, but perhaps Sloan was able to perfect it since it seems he's able to dimension jump without consequence.

As for Peej and Huntress, I think they might be okay since they came to E-Prime through I believe a Boom Tube, technology far beyond Holt or Sloan.
    Last edited by Knight of DC; 03-22-2013 at 04:37 PM.

I enjoy both as well. They are the last 2 comics I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Personally, I think it may have to do with the method Holt utilized to dimension jump. Both Holt and Sloan developed dimensional transport in their respective universes, but perhaps Sloan was able to perfect it since it seems he's able to dimension jump without consequence.

As for Peej and Huntress, I think they might be okay since they came to E-Prime through I believe a Boom Tube, technology far beyond Holt or Sloan.
    Yeah, only Holt said "@€% it" and jumped through a prototype portal. Sloan probably sent a robot and the girls used the godly highway to get there. So it's his own damn fault for being arrogant about it. It'll be interesting to see Holt learn humility, especially because Robinson said he's more like the tenth smartest man on E2.

I take it from the comments that I'm not the only one who read Robinson's comments and ignored Levitz's ones? WF is regrettably boring, like drills into my patience. If DC haven't lost Fialkov forever, put him here pleeeeeeease!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Yeah, only Holt said "@€% it" and jumped through a prototype portal. Sloan probably sent a robot and the girls used the godly highway to get there. So it's his own damn fault for being arrogant about it. It'll be interesting to see Holt learn humility, especially because Robinson said he's more like the tenth smartest man on E2.

I take it from the comments that I'm not the only one who read Robinson's comments and ignored Levitz's ones? WF is regrettably boring, like drills into my patience. If DC haven't lost Fialkov forever, put him here pleeeeeeease!
    I couldn't read his comments and take it seriously.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post

I missed the quote on tenth smartest
    The only one who has shown science smarts so far is Sloan
    Also please getting kind controlled and played by Sloan has already happened it's time for a strike back not more humiliation
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Interested to see how all the little connections play out as we move forward. On its own, I don't know that I would be all that interested in Worlds' Finest beyond it having Power Girl in it, but the connections with Earth 2 are what really keep me coming back every month. I would actually prefer these books to stay in their own corner. I don't want to have to keep up with Justice League and all the Primer Earth baggage to keep reading about characters that I actually enjoy reading.
    Writers before artists.
    Artists before concepts.
    Concepts before characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOlsenMustDie View Post
    Honestly, so little has happed in WF that when I saw this interview I had completely forgotten that these two books are ostensibly related so I couldn't figure out why these two guys were doing an interview together.
    I actually think more advancing an actual story has happened in WF than in Earth 2. Which isn't saying much to be sure, but it is there marginally. Mostly, Earth 2 is all about introducing new and "shocking" characters, and there isn't much else there.
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!