Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default DC Reveals First Pages from Giffen & Mhan's "Masters of the Universe"

After announcing that they would publish a "Masters of the Universe" ongoing series by Keith Giffen and Pop Mhan, DC Comics has debuted the first interior pages from the April-debuting title.

Full article here.

Love it. Love the characters. I hope the series takes off and Mattel let's the story be more PG-13 and not kiddified. Masters needs to avoid the fate of Lucas and Episodes I-III of Star Wars and evolve. Glad to see Hordak, the Evil Horde and She-Ra being incorporated so quickly into the new mythos/stories.
    "Gargantua, stop! We're... friends!"
    - Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Dammit! That's one more to add to my "supposedly" shrinking pull-list. I like the mature nature of this series...and Hordak is a welcome surprise!

They've turned Hordak into a female now??? I'm not sure I'm liking that.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

That's actually She-Ra I believe. Hordak turned her evil before attacking, if I understand correctly from solicits.

I'll get this for sure!

She-ra is my wife's all time favorate anything. Still has all the figures, and castle, right up on are movie/game room wall right with all my hero's and horror figures. Im afraid of what might happen if i didnt buy something that she is in. lol

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    They've turned Hordak into a female now??? I'm not sure I'm liking that.
    Hordak's is still a guy I believe, its just the character they are talking about is She-Ra who goes by the name of Despara in the story. She kind of dresses up as Hordak with a mask like him as well.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

They really need to get the digital issues in print since the last one they did set up She-Ra as Despara.

And I have to admit, I'm glad Mattel is loosening enough of the reigns to allow a story like this to happen. They're finally realizing this what the MOTU fans want.

Now if we can find a way to bring in some of Val Staple's ideas........