Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Star Wars: Legacy - Prisoner of the Floating World, #1

The husband and wife duo of Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman introduce readers to a whole new facet and slightly new time period of everyone's favorite galaxy far, far away in "Star Wars: Legacy - Prisoner of the Floating World" #1.

Full review here.

It says it occurs 138 after A New Hope. Is that during the time of Darth Krayt and Cade Skywalker?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    It says it occurs 138 after A New Hope. Is that during the time of Darth Krayt and Cade Skywalker?
    It takes place not long after Star Wars: Legacy War. I read in one interview with Hardman that Cade will show up sometime later in some capacity, so we'll know what he's been up to.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

BANNED

Damm, i forgot about this.

i thought the story was ok, a lot of set up, but that's expected in a first issue. i enjoyed the last few pages with ania and the mon cal. hardman's art is fantastic. i'm on for at least the first arc with this title to see if it stays on the pull list longer.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

I read it yesterday evening, and I agree with weeks.
    It's a very good first issue. It's well written, with three linked stories; and Ania is a very pretty character, acting like we could hope she'd do, being a Leia/Han Solo descendant.
    And, last but not least, Hardman's art is amazing, as usual, with many details and a real sci-fi atmosphere.
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

BANNED

Interesting twist at the end 6,5 out of 10 so far.

I'm liking the artwork and right from the first page it feels like it picks up right where Legacy War left off. It's nice to finally read about someone from the Solo family after a 56 issue Skywalker story arc. Ania Solo is imminently a likable character. I'm excited about this title and will keep reading. Hopefully it ties up loose ends left by the original run being cut short. Does anyone know if this is a new ongoing or just a mini-series?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

I think it's ongoing. Here is an interview with the creators.

http://ifanboy.com/podcasts/talksplo...r-wars-legacy/

They did deem to talk about an ongoing comic.

I've read interesting things about the Star Wars expanded universe stories, and this will be my first time actually reading it and not just a summary or wiki page. Hopefully it's good :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I'm liking the artwork and right from the first page it feels like it picks up right where Legacy War left off. It's nice to finally read about someone from the Solo family after a 56 issue Skywalker story arc. Ania Solo is imminently a likable character. I'm excited about this title and will keep reading. Hopefully it ties up loose ends left by the original run being cut short. Does anyone know if this is a new ongoing or just a mini-series?
    I read somewhere that it's an ongoing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XSpectreGreyX View Post
    I've read interesting things about the Star Wars expanded universe stories, and this will be my first time actually reading it and not just a summary or wiki page. Hopefully it's good :)
    If you need guidance just send me a PM.