Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354

If taken literally, “Winter 2014” means “Dec 21-31”. That isn’t enough time to move units before Christmas. If they meant “in time for Black Friday” – which is a reasonable assumption to make if they want to salvage the Wii U – then they should have said “Fall 2014”
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL B.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    If taken literally, “Winter 2014” means “Dec 21-31”. That isn’t enough time to move units before Christmas. If they meant “in time for Black Friday” – which is a reasonable assumption to make if they want to salvage the Wii U – then they should have said “Fall 2014”
    A Nintendo employee confirmed on twitter that its releasing in time for holiday sales
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

So the PSN is having a huge sale on older games (and Lego games) this weekend and I figured I’d go over to the eShop and see what they have going on for Easter. Oh right, they’re Nintendo. :-(

Shame too, I was planning on getting Retro City Rampage on 3DS if it went on sale but you can’t beat a 99 cent CROSSBUY* on PSN.

*I do not own a Vita but am thinking about it just because I already have access to such a big game library. It’s a shame 3DS owners can’t apply the same logic toward getting a Wii U (or vice versa).

Unless your in certain parts of North America, where Winter 2014 is apparently trying to be from January 1 to December 31.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

So the PSN is having a huge sale on older games (and Lego games) this weekend and I figured I’d go over to the eShop and see what they have going on for Easter. Oh right, they’re Nintendo. :-(

Shame too, I was planning on getting Retro City Rampage on 3DS if it went on sale but you can’t beat a 99 cent CROSSBUY* on PSN.

*I do not own a Vita but am thinking about it just because I already have access to such a big game library. It’s a shame 3DS owners can’t apply the same logic toward getting a Wii U (or vice versa).

The vita does have fun games, not like the 3ds has, but it has it's very own fun library. Gravity Rush alone is worth it. Love that game.

Wasn't Nintendo going to release Virtual Console versions of GameCube and DS games? They're getting slowly better with releasing old games in a digital format, but they've still got a long way to go with this comparatively easy method of boosting revenue...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    Wasn't Nintendo going to release Virtual Console versions of GameCube and DS games? They're getting slowly better with releasing old games in a digital format, but they've still got a long way to go with this comparatively easy method of boosting revenue...
    just rumors, they never came out and said they were doing that... I don't think anyways.

Nintendo has never made proper use of the VC imo.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    just rumors, they never came out and said they were doing that... I don't think anyways.
    The 3DS can play DS games.

Gamecube? You're out of luck with the Wii U. You better have a working Gamecube or Wii.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Actually Nintendo was talking about the possibility of putting DS games on the Wii U VC. Nothing’s set in stone though. Even if it was, at this point I think Nintendo has broken more promises to customers than they kept this gen (anyone hear anything about Swapnote 3D lately?)

Still, it would be nice to play Dragon Quest IX on a system with working wifi. I never got to experience most of the postgame content because the DS internet support was too outdated.

Any Gamecube discussion that doesn’t include the phase “HD remake available for retail” is just wishful thinking. Nintendo can’t even be bothered to put N64 games on Wii U’s VC and only just started to convert the Wii’s large SNES library so that’s a LONG way away if it happens at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The 3DS can play DS games.

Gamecube? You're out of luck with the Wii U. You better have a working Gamecube or Wii.

well yah, we're talking about the wii u playing DS games.