Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Shadowman #6

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of Shadowman #6 from acclaimed writer Justin Jordan and all-star artists Patrick Zircher, Lee Garbett and Neil Edwards! Shadowman's brand new story arc, "Darque Reckoning," is on the rise for the Valiant Universe! When the undead begin to attack throughout New Orleans, can the combined forces of Shadowman and Dr. Mirage repel an army that can't be killed?

As Master Darque devises his escape from the Deadside, his earthly minions in the Brethren crime syndicate are shoring up their ranks and preparing the city for the second coming of their dark sovereign. Their operations, however, have drawn the attention of a mysterious, pistol-wielding assassin, who has been retaliating against the Brethren on behalf of a long-forgotten New Orleans deity named Baron Samedi, lord of the dead - a deity that Master Darque has just paid a visit in the Deadside...

As the dead rise and unholy alliances are forged, Jack Boniface is about to find out that the true cost of becoming the Shadowman is always paid in blood - and that Master Darque intends to collect - in Shadowman #6, the second chapter of "Darque Reckoning," on sale April 3rd!

Full preview here.

Awesome. This looks like it is continuing on nicely from issue 5, the best single issue in the new Valiant IMO.

Obviously, it is slightly bitter sweet with the departure of Patch but hopefully the quality continues in his absence.

very nice.

still bummed about Zircher. i do hope Neil Edwards doesn't take over full time.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Man, this continues to be one of the best comics out there. I'm really nervous that after this upcoming issue that the creative energy is going to get shaken up. Will the book be able to maintain it's voice?
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Upcoming titles:
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Man, this continues to be one of the best comics out there. I'm really nervous that after this upcoming issue that the creative energy is going to get shaken up. Will the book be able to maintain it's voice?
    As long as Justin Jordan stays put I think it should be fine.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Wow. That's some strong stuff there.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!