Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default CBR News: Morrison Declares "Vengeance of Batman" As "Incorporated" Finale Nears

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    With Damian Wayne's death rocking the book, "Batman Incorporated" writer Grant Morrison compares the event to Jason Todd promising a final arc where Batman takes action to avenge his son.

Full article here.
    ---

Looks like in Morrison's eyes Damian is dead..

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/gran...on-comics.html

Can't say I wasn't expecting it, but man that hurts :(

At least he didn't oppose someone bringing him back someday...

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

The man isn't exactly known for telling us what is going to be happening in his stories. He teases, and we get expectations then he finds a way to avoid those without letting the reader down. So maybe I just haven't moved out of the "Denial" stage yet, but I'm not ready to write Damian off yet.

Oh, and I love that he didn't claim to have created the best Robin ever, or written the essential Batman story. He didn't suggest that his Action run is a new step in American Literature, or that his upcoming Wonder Woman project would be taught in college classes some day, like some writers that will remain unnamed for now. The "Vibe" joke about his Multiversity hilarious.

I will miss Damian, but I like that he went out a HERO. I think it's awesome that he went out saving the damsel in distress. I think he's one of the best creations/additions to comics in YEARS, but like I said I'm really like the story.

More heartbreaking to hear he wanted to do more Batman and Robin stuff. Thanks whatever Bat-editor decided that was the way to go.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

Yeah that was rough to hear...and he actually would've gone down the 666 future path apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    More heartbreaking to hear he wanted to do more Batman and Robin stuff. Thanks whatever Bat-editor decided that was the way to go.
    Seriously.

Nothing too surprising for me in this interview. Pretty brutally frank though.

Not only is he not bringing him back, he's apparently eliminating some of the possible methods.

well, that's kind of disappointing. i've got faith that morrison will give us a great ending regardless.

and i can't wait for multiversity. maybe we'll see damian there?

Quote Originally Posted by cgynadu View Post
    well, that's kind of disappointing. i've got faith that morrison will give us a great ending regardless.

and i can't wait for multiversity. maybe we'll see damian there?
    Damian and Chris Kent are the Batman and Superman of Earth-22 I believe. It's an earth where the previous generation of heroes already saved the world so the current generation is basically super powered LARPers who now have to deal with an inter dimensional threat unlike anything they've seen
    Don't worry.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

I have to think New X-Men was probably pretty good practice for Morrison's "Yeah, someone will probably overturn it someday, but it won't be me" attitude. Good for him.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Even though he created my favorite character I hope his days with Batman and DC in general are over. I just can't take another situation like this one with Damian dying. It's awful.

I'm a fan of Morrison's work, but this interview really aggravates me.

Explain to me how a writer can make it his personal mission to relieve the Bat books of its grim overtones, only to leave the landscape worse off than what it was a few years later. Then talk it up as a natural conclusion. I'm sure the 'Vengeance of Batman' will be a powerful read, but then what? I stopped reading Batman sometime after War Games and came back around RIP at the promise of a new direction. I really don't want another decade of grimdark. I don't. I won't buy it... I really hope Grant is pulling my leg on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    I'm a fan of Morrison's work, but this interview really aggravates me.

Explain to me how a writer can make it his personal mission to relieve the Bat books of its grim overtones, only to leave the landscape worse off than what it was a few years later. Then talk it up as a natural conclusion. I'm sure the 'Vengeance of Batman' will be a powerful read, but then what? I stopped reading Batman sometime after War Games and came back around RIP at the promise of a new direction. I really don't want another decade of grimdark. I don't. I won't buy it... I really hope Grant is pulling my leg on this one.
    If the Batman to come after Morrison is grim-dark you can only blame the writers who are writing Batman presently. If the theme of the story is the serpent eating it's own tail then Batman coming full circle back into lonely douchebag of the night fits perfectly. And based on the other Bat-books it seems that is the Batman DC Comics wants to push, so it would not surprise me to see Inc embrace the return of a less interesting and one dimensional take on the character, much like we see in the nu52 era bat-books.

We shall see though.
    Don't worry.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Morrison Declares "Vengeance of Batman" As "Incorporated" Finale Nears

With Damian Wayne's death rocking the book, "Batman Incorporated" writer Grant Morrison compares the event to Jason Todd promising a final arc where Batman takes action to avenge his son.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    If the Batman to come after Morrison is grim-dark you can only blame the writers who are writing Batman presently.
    Not really. It's Morrison who is setting the tone for future stories with his grimdark exit. And, obviously, we don't yet know how he'll end it aside from keeping Damian dead...but keeping Damian dead pretty much leaves no other course but for Bruce to be "grimdark" for a long time to come.

It's actually a pretty fake conclusion, tbh. There's no way Bruce would continue on as Batman after loosing his son like this...and there's certainly no chance he would ever allow another Robin to exist. Or team up with any sidekick at all for that matter.