Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I have to say I'm not a fan of time travel stories and that for a long time I thought President Thor was the worst Ultimate story out there. Then I read President Cap

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    I have to say I'm not a fan of time travel stories and that for a long time I thought President Thor was the worst Ultimate story out there. Then I read President Cap
    Maybe you should time travel to the future and read President Iron Man by Jeph Loeb...
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Maybe you should time travel to the future and read President Iron Man by Jeph Loeb...
    Only if it leads into the 'Ultimate Presidential Power' crossover by Humphries, Kirkman and Loeb where President Cap, President Iron-Man & President Thor meet up with President Hyperion for 9 issues of pointless debates. All drawn by Samnee

Remember how Loeble is supposed to come back from the future and prevent himself from writing Ultimates 3? Well, he should take a side-trip and prevent Humphries from writing anything!

All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

This thread is making me lol too now

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    Only if it leads into the 'Ultimate Presidential Power' crossover by Humphries, Kirkman and Loeb where President Cap, President Iron-Man & President Thor meet up with President Hyperion for 9 issues of pointless debates. All drawn by Samnee
    That would be wyokid's favorite book then!
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Remember how Loeble is supposed to come back from the future and prevent himself from writing Ultimates 3? Well, he should take a side-trip and prevent Humphries from writing anything!
    No way, Our Love is Real is awesome.

For those who disparage Ultimatum, Ultimatum by clearing out all of the traditional major mutant characters is what has enabled Kitty Pryde to transcend her previous role in other incarnations: "Kitty Pryde is the future superpower of the mutant species. And always will be." Kitty Pryde is now the present.

Observe that in the Ultimates universe, it's the female mutants who run things in the X-books, in pointed contrast to the 616 universe where at best it was Emma Frost and every other female reduced to the periphery.

And the only reason Ultimatum may have damaged certain things permanently is the fans own insistence that "dead means dead."

Is it possible (and forgive me if anyone has already thought of this idea) that the cast on the Greg Land cover is in fact the new Ultimates team that Fialkov is having replace the originals? This story is about those characters seeking redemption, so perhaps they use the infinity gems to reshape the world so that they are the Ultimates. 2 of them are even former members of the team. We've seen slight hints and speculation that Anthony might one day betray Tony, so maybe that armoured guy is Anthony or even Anthony who took over Tonys body. Fialkov mentioned he would be using elements from the Gah Lak Tus trilogy so maybe he brings in Vision and she takes on a new form (Kang), partially because Humphries added a Vision of his own and Fialkov had to devise a way to bring the original back without causing too much confusion.

So the Ultimates will now be:

- Mister Fantastic (Reed Richards)
    - The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
    - Quicksilver (Pietro Lensherr)
    - Iron Man (Anthony)
    - Kang (The Vision)

On Vacation

Is it possible (and forgive me if anyone has already thought of this idea) that the cast on the Greg Land cover is in fact the new Ultimates team that Fialkov is having replace the originals? This story is about those characters seeking redemption, so perhaps they use the infinity gems to reshape the world so that they are the Ultimates. 2 of them are even former members of the team. We've seen slight hints and speculation that Anthony might one day betray Tony, so maybe that armoured guy is Anthony or even Anthony who took over Tonys body. Fialkov mentioned he would be using elements from the Gah Lak Tus trilogy so maybe he brings in Vision and she takes on a new form (Kang), partially because Humphries added a Vision of his own and Fialkov had to devise a way to bring the original back without causing too much confusion.

- Iron Man (Anthony)
    - Kang (The Vision)
    nah. Someone mentioned the ultimate illumanti. The ultimates will probably be an entirely new team.

- Iron Man (Anthony)
    - Kang (The Vision)
    Not only does this seem totally possible but I thought it was flat out said to be the probable Ultimates future based on interviews with Fialkov and solicitations.

The one change I might make is that the Iron Man suit seems tailor-made for concealing the identity of someone that Fialkov can choose to milk for however long he wishes.