Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    All you have to do is read one story lol.
    Tell that to Bendis :P
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Amazing! 3 months can't come soon enough!!

Good on Land for the homage, but the aesthetics of that cover is noticeably a step down from his other works when its quite apparent he didn't trace here. And he really could've put in a little more effort on Kang's design, couldn't he? That design just screams 616.

Anyway, I'm extremely excited for this. Fialkov seems to know his stuff, and I can tell this story is going to build into something so huge and epic, just what the Ultimates book should be.

PS. Just being nitpicky, but shouldn't the Hulk only be able to string together intelligible sentences when he's in a calm state, and revert back to mumbo jumbo when he's mad as hell?
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    PS. Just being nitpicky, but shouldn't the Hulk only be able to string together intelligible sentences when he's in a calm state, and revert back to mumbo jumbo when he's mad as hell?
    That's correct.

BANNED

I'm very surprised Hulk's hands are able to fit inside the gauntlets..

...unless of course they're actually meant for humanoids with very large hands.

I am definitely excited for this. I also have a kind of crazy idea concerning Kang and the other Iron Man. Considering Fialkov has mentioned his love for Ultimate Fantastic Four, might it be a different take on Rhona Burchill and Andy the Awesome Android (Or was he referred to as Robbie the Robot in the Ultimate Universe?)?

I take it as the Hulk is actually evolving. The number one thing we know about Hulk from Ultimate Human is that he adapts to his surroundings to kick ass. Perhaps he's finally learning to have decent intellect while in Hulk Mode because its more beneficial to think semi-rationally and equip some magic stone gloves than sport the classic SMASH mentality.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I take it as the Hulk is actually evolving. The number one thing we know about Hulk from Ultimate Human is that he adapts to his surroundings to kick ass. Perhaps he's finally learning to have decent intellect while in Hulk Mode because its more beneficial to think semi-rationally and equip some magic stone gloves than sport the classic SMASH mentality.
    100% Agreed.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

We've seen him have normal conversation in Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk, although when he got angry he lost that functionality. It seems he has now conquered that limit.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Project Hulk's progress out into the future and one gets Ultimate Maestro ...

You know, according to the fan-favorite series Ultimate Avengers 3 by Mark "Eh, Readers?" Millar, Crimson Dynamo is still alive...

BANNED

I hope this isn't a story with any time travel elements. I really dislike time travel stories (apart from Back To The Future because that's brilliant... obviously). The UU should strive to be a bit more realistic, like the UU is supposed to be. I don't want it to start getting crazy and ridiculous like it's mainstream cousin. Making Ultimate Kang a time traveller just seems rather complicated to me as it negates some of the theories of relativity as well as a few other scientific laws, which I thought Marvel would want to try and stick to. Whereas an alternate-reality conquerer would be a lot more realistic and plausible. So please, Fialkov; I really hope this Ultimate idea is grounded in realism. The UU's stories should be at least somewhat plausible and believable. Remember, the UU isn't just another MU.

If Kang really is getting Ultimatized, I think he should be an alternate-reality/dimension conquerer. Time travel just doesn't really make any sense. I strongly believe it to be absolutely impossible, simply because I believe there is no such thing as the past and future. They are merely human concepts designed for communication and philllisophical purposes. Words like past and future help us to articulate what we're saying when we discuss what we're looking forward to, what plans one has, or reflecting on what one's achieved or experienced and reminiscing. They are not actual places but concepts that are part of our language to help further human understanding. Also, many religions used to preach a lot about past and future in order to help those feel more grateful of the present, so obviously over the course of thousands of years we've come to believe that they might be actual physical places. But I'm not opposed to the imagination so I'm not complaining about it or anything. But personally, even though we've already had a couple occurrences of timetravel in the UU, I really don't think there should be any more, simply because it's not believable. Whereas alternate worlds/dimensions I can sort of grasp. Alternate dimensions are somewhat plausible, whereas the past is simply what has come before, and the future is simply what hasn't happened yet. Using timetravel in a story or writing a timetravel story, even completely negates the whole "cause and effect" which stories themselves thrive within when it comes to writing characters and how they correspond with their environment and upbringing.

I know there are loads of crazy, unrealistic things in the UU, but for me it comes down to what COULD be possible. And timetravel just isn't, at all.

PS: Regardless, I am actually REALLY excited for this story and I have no doubt Fialkov will fix the UU and resolve some of it's pending plot-threads by addressing the characters via what they went through previously during Hickman's run. So I'm not being pessimistic. I'm just expressing my dislike for timetravel stories.

And the first thing Ultimate Reed Richards does when he puts on an Infinity Gauntlet is ... to fix his face so that he looks presentable to Sue again?

Elder Member

UFF had a BUNCH of time travel in it. I'm down for SO much more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    UFF had a BUNCH of time travel in it. I'm down for SO much more.
    I strongly disagree. These silly younger-demographic-orientated stories started occurring around the time the UU started to massively drop in quality. (Except you think this was the point where the UU became amazing). But the thing is, arcs like President Thor were the reason the UU lost so much credibility. The UU used to be a unique Marvel world for mature stories to thrive in. But then elements like time travel and Jeph Loeb came on board and suddenly the UU just became a smaller version of 616, along with all of its silliness. The Golden Age of the UU had ended. And thus, we entered the Age of Loebotomy.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 03-17-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I strongly disagree. These silly younger-demographic-orientated stories started occurring around the time the UU started to massively drop in quality. (Except you think this was the point where the UU became amazing). But the thing is, arcs like President Thor were the reason the UU lost so much credibility. The UU used to be a unique Marvel world for mature stories to thrive in. But then elements like time travel and Jeph Loeb came on board and suddenly the UU just became a smaller version of 616, along with all of its silliness. The Golden Age of the UU had ended. And thus, we entered the Age of Loebotomy.
    Credit where it's due, that was Millar who introduced the time travel. I think that's kind of what I didn't like about Millar's UFF with Land (aside from Land). It just didn't feel that Ultimate to me.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.