Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: "Batwing" #19 Gatefold Teases The New Batwing

DC has provided CBR with an exclusive first look at the gatefold cover for "Batwing" #19, which kicks off the run of creative team Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray and Fabrizio Fiorentino and showcases the new Batwing.

Full article here.

It's the Black Panther with a bat on his chest.
    A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by club33az View Post
    It's the Black Panther with a bat on his chest.
    Same thought.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Batwing Beyond

Here's the Cover:

Here's Batman Beyond

So not only is Damian dying but also the current Batwing? Hmm interesting. Lots of changes in the bat books right now (new direction for Dick, scarred Jason, new robin, people dying)

Boooooo. I really liked the current Batwing. His background was interesting, the demons he faces with dealing with his past as a child soldier.
    I liked the book because it wasn't like the other Bat books.
    Hope it does well, but if they kill off the current Batwing then I'm done with the book.

Here's my theory...

I think the new Batwing is none other than Damian Wayne.

Now, I havent really read much of Batman Inc but isn't that character The Heretic an adult clone of Damian? What if he has some sort of change of heart, brought on by Batman and his associates, and decides to atone for what he has done by helping his father (even though he is just a clone)? I think that could bring about some interesting story ideas. Like for instance, none of the other Bat characters trust him, but Bruce gives him the benefit of the doubt because well, he's Bruce. He has to earn his place in the family, not being the "true" Damian.

That's my idea at least.
    Live Comics. Love Comics.

"Don't ever be afraid to be a fan." - Jason Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by PympMyQuinjet View Post
    Here's my theory...

I think the new Batwing is none other than Damian Wayne.

Now, I havent really read much of Batman Inc but isn't that character The Heretic an adult clone of Damian? What if he has some sort of change of heart, brought on by Batman and his associates, and decides to atone for what he has done by helping his father (even though he is just a clone)? I think that could bring about some interesting story ideas. Like for instance, none of the other Bat characters trust him, but Bruce gives him the benefit of the doubt because well, he's Bruce. He has to earn his place in the family, not being the "true" Damian.

That's my idea at least.
    I'd check it out. The armor is cool. Isn't this book set in Africa?

I wonder if this "new Knight" could be another character who died recently... and could use a suit of armor because his neck was broken

I don't know about the Heretic. This Damian has been brainwashed/raised by Talia. He is crazy. He would seem unreliable.
    And I don't see bruce give him the benefit of the doubt. He killed his son.

I completly forgot we only had half of the cover for april...

I don't think DC is dumb enough to replace this Batwing with a white dude, even a white kid who is the son of Batman.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    I don't think DC is dumb enough to replace this Batwing with a white dude, even a white kid who is the son of Batman.
    Yeah, I was wondering if this Batwing will still be African (black) or not. I feel like they are going to make Earth 2 Batman black, by using Charlie Bullock. I just hope this new Batwing stays as a black man. Hmm, maybe David gets hurt, and needs a heavy armor suit to fight? Who knows? I'll check it out, though.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 03-15-2013 at 12:38 PM.

So is this guy responsible for the current Batwing's situation?

I love how DC has the gimmick of "WTF" but when people open the cover DC editor Bob Harras says we'll say "Oh wow!".

Thought it was kind of weird that they would use an acronym that obviously alludes to the common phrase using one of the primo swear words. Honestly I've been anticipating some parental backlash. Yes I know the books are not aimed at children, but with a publisher that never drops the F-bomb in the pages of their books (and the language overall is fairly tame) I was surprised to see an entire promo campaign titled with that acronym.

But if it does turn out to be Damian returned in a lower-level title like this, I would definitely say "Oh wow". SARCASTICALLY.
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

My guess is same David, different suit. Fakes death of original "Batwing" (and possibly his secret identity) to become this new Batwing. I know DC and its writers have made some dumb mistakes on this book (i.e., switching writers off in the middle of an arc), but I feel like they'd really be pushing that threshold by killing off the current Batwing simply because writers haven't tapped into his potential. And it's not really a "WTF?" if everyone's already expecting a new replacement anyway.

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

At least they didn't change the title to Bat-Panther.

I might try the first issue... depends on the previews.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.